Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Why didn't you tell them something? Then, they would know that it was just plain rude and you will not put up with it.

Like other poster said, you are not in high school anymore, you are a grown woman that can stand up for herself.

I've been at your weight and even higher (and I am shorter too), never got the looks (at the gym), and if I did, I didn't notice them because when I work out I focus on myself, not what everyone else is looking at or doing.

Don't let them bother you and use them as an inspiration. Just imagine walking in front of them getting fitter and stronger, they will notice.

Don't worry too much and keep pushing hard, you'll get there!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

First, if I had just finished 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical (which I fondly -- or not so fondly -- refer to as the machine of pain), I would be shouting from the rooftops. That's amazing and you should be feeling so proud of yourself.

As for the women with the rudeness and immaturity to judge you in any sense. I've had that happen. It hurts. It sticks with you. BUT, I don't let them win. I just keep on going to the gym. I'm there for me. And in the back of my mind I think: "I can and will lose this weight. You girls, however, are and will always be *****es and since I don't care to associate with people with such obvious personality defects I certainly don't care what you think of me. You girls are irrelevant." These are not people with whom I would want to be friends. If they treat me that way then I'm sure they get irritated with everyone who doesn't meet their standard of perfection.

And if all else fails, just smile sweetly at them. Nothing confuses mean, nasty people more than someone being kind to them. Also, they're probably not smart enough to figure it out!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Looks fade, personality lasts. You have a kind one, they don't. Pity them, they're very insecure to actually take time out of their day to bully someone. They do it because they need the pain of others to make them feel good; such a terrible way to live your life.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

This thread is two and a half years old. Pulling it up again so that the original poster gets to read again about a painful episode for them may not be the kindest thing to do.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

We people, can become so self-centered and cruel.....it's scary. I feel for you.....that is why i never go to the gym. I try to work out at home. Gyms even though are there for a very good reason, they are also *******-centered gathering places......
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

DO NOT make strangers get to you instead get motivated to lose the weight. Believe in yourself and yourself only. Ignore the negative comments from anyone.
You can do it.
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote