Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #31  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

This time last year, I was about 7 weeks into my diet, not really believing I would make it far. Why would I? I had quit a million attempts of dieting in my adult life. But I kept doing it and weight was dropping off bit by bit. I was wearing a size 28 or larger pants (they were stretch, so who knows?) and a huge ugly tie died Tshirt because it fit. I was miserable, full of self loathing and angst. I had come through losing my job, having to sell our home and ended up living in a big rig with my husband.

In a year, I was able to lose 80 pounds (with no exercise) living in truck and not a home, wearing a size 20, soon to be 18 and we saved enough money in one year by not having a home to be able to make plans to return to our homeland. We are financially better off, my belief in myself has improved and I feel so good!

I am only 1/2 way to goal, so I will return here to this post next year....my hope is to be at goal by that time!
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #32  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad for this thread, because it led to an interesting discovery on my part. This time last year, I was about three pounds heavier than I am today, and was on my way toward gaining about three more, which I hung onto over the winter, until March. (Sad to say, I gained without partaking at all of any goodies: no pie at Thanksgiving, or stuffing; no chocolate or candy or any baked goods whatsoever at Christmas. Just general increased consumption of healthy food at regular mealtimes.) So it seems that I gain a little for the winter, or until I change up my exercise routine a little, which is what I did after getting hit by a car & having to rethink my routine.

Last edited by saef; 11-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

wow ladies!!! what an inspiration!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a good post to write here
This time last year I had way more control over my eating and was at least 10 pounds lighter...
Now I am heavier, having a hard time to stay on plan and still have to face the holidays and 3 weeks vacation...
It almost make me not want to have this time of the year...
But I am very thankful for this thread, since it will work as a motivation/inspiration for me... for sure...
Thank you and good luck everyone!!!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Wow. This time last year I weighed 235 lbs. I was ECSTATIC because I had lost sixty pounds in six months and I was wearing a BRAND NEW pair of size 18 jeans, the smallest size I'd worn in YEARS. I had been swimming laps every night for six months. But I could not IMAGINE running, not even for a few minutes. Now I'm another almost fifty pounds lighter, can RUN, and have a year and a half of good habits under my belt. Still not at goal yet, but that is COMING.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1349.jpg (41.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Photo 798.jpg (21.6 KB, 17 views)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #35  
Graceful Loser

This time last year I had just made the decision to change my life. I think I had just lost my first couple of pounds - but was still tipping the scales at 300+ (I may honestly never know what my highest weight actually was). I was wearing a 26/28 in jeans and dangerously close to wearing a 3x in tops. Most of my clothes were unflattering because.. well, companies just don't make nice plus sized clothes. I was eating away every emotion I had, putting my dreams on hold, dying on the inside, and hating myself. I was also killing myself without even realizing it.

Now I'm totally liberated. I stumble a lot.. I make mistakes. But I've lost 90 pounds, I'm in a size 18 (barely, I could probably wear 16) and mostly large tops with some xl tops. I feel great, I look better than I've ever looked, and I am learning to love myself. I am pursuing my dreams and I have SO many things to be proud of. It has been quite a change.

Like TornadoSiren, I couldn't even begin to list every change - but boy have I ever changed! Haha. I am very happy and proud of myself, even though I rarely admit it.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/180/165 lbs 95/82/75 kgs

Height: 5'10

This time last year...

I'd reached my heaviest weight ever, and had started to diet. I was lurking daily on 3FC, depressed, obsessive, and wondering how long I could keep it up. Lost 20 lb, decided to try intuitive eating for a while, but started to binge.

That was September - November 09.

I then spent 2010 binge eating to a NEW ultimate high, another 20 lb heavier!

Feeling much more peaceful and balanced now. And I'm lighter than I've been in years.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #37  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Haha, this time last year I was... Dun dun dun! This same weight! I lost fifty-ish pounds the previous year, fell off the wagon a bit in October and gained maybe four pounds back, then spent the first few weeks of November tightening it up to get to my lowest weight on this, my only weightloss attempt. I was around 210, my lowest daily weight being 208 at the end of the month (the only value that low). I coasted through the holidays, neither gaining nor losing, and ended up pregnant in the very beginning of January.

I spent this whole year sticking to my planning but gaining anyway, due to a growing baby, and my son was born last month. Now, five weeks postpartum, I am thrilled to say this morning I weighed in at 210.0, and my pre pregnancy weight was 210.6! I'm right back to where I was, and give the massive cycle my body went through I can honestly say I am thrilled!

I have lost five pounds in a week and a half, and I am going nowhere but down until I hit my goal (maybe by my birthday in May? Who knows!).

I love this thread, you all are so inspirational and I cannot wait to have another year of losses. It was hard to be maintaining when I wanted to lose, for ten months!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #38  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I think it's great to look back sometimes because you see your progress. Sometimes I get caught up in the day to day that I forget how far I've come. We took family Christmas pictures and I was actually in the front. I still look huge to myself. I was expecting to look smaller than I do in the picture. I was making that confession to my husband and he said look at the picture from last year and you will see the difference and I can tell you that you are much smaller. I can't really tell from last year because I was in the back so all I can really see is my face. I know that I couldn't do the picture sitting on the floor last year like I did this year. But hey I still have work to do and will be seeing a even smaller me by this time next year.

Someone on this site says, "A year from now you will be glad you started today". How true it is for me!!

Last edited by jigglefree; 11-21-2010 at 06:19 AM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote