Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/188.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I am SOOOO glad I read this thread! I tend to get discouraged because I want to see results immediately!
Everyone is so positive and has such good advice...I really am so glad I came here.
Making mini-goals for myself TODAY and am enjoying how good I feel for making this commitment!
princessummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #32  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I totally agree with everything everyone has said!

My addition: Though I have made the commitment to myself, my health, etc. I do still like to have a little motivation. Since motivation is a fickle thing, I don't rely on just one or two things to keep me motivated... instead, I have a whole list that I can turn to and pick from as needed.

Things I do to stay "motivated"
- try new recipes
- focus on small weight loss goals at a time
- weigh daily (this way, I can try harder if the scale goes up a bit or do a happy dance if it goes down a bit)
- listen to Inside Out Weight Loss podcasts
- read "4 Day Win"
- celebrate the NSVs (Non Scale Victories)
- track exercise so I can see improvements
- join conests at the gym to keep me focused on a goal
- Zumba class on Tuesday nights with friends (class was canceled last night - I nearly had a nervous break down)

AND now - I am working on building myself a "sanctuary". My basement is some what finished - There are two rooms built. I am cleaning out one (It has a nice window in it facing my back yard) and putting in my treadmill, yoga mat, weights, a table to sit at (to write in my journal or do some crafts). I am going to hang nice pictures on the wall. I am going to light candles when I am in it. This will be were I can go when I am having a rough evening (evenings are my hard times of the day) and I can walk on the treadmill or do some stretches on my yoga mat, etc. A spot in my house where I can go to have peace and NOT shove food in my mouth.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 231/166/140

Height: 5 ft 8

Thanks again guys. The messages help, particularly "time is going to pass anyway" I never thought of it that way.

Cheers!
slayrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That argument got me through grad school...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #35  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
That argument got me through grad school...
Mee too!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 231/166/140

Height: 5 ft 8

Grad school easy. Weight loss hard.
slayrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 268/259/155

Height: 5'3.5"

Well said everybody ! I hoping this thread has helped me gain the motivation to start taking those small babysteps backwards ! I have yo-yo dieted for years and I too found that looking at the big picture of how much weight I needed to drop was just so overwhelming for me ....... so I am going to refocus and start with 5 lbs off of ! My commitment begins today ..... I have all the " tools " I need to do this and this is such a great support group that this time I AM going to do it .... even if it takes me 100 weeks ( that is a pound off a week for me ! )
grammajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote