Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 2"

Angry Do you think BCP can hault your weight loss?

Asking opinions cause I have been eating better drinking more water and exercising for almost 2 months now and I can't shed any weight and its getting very frustrating. I even had a break down in front of my bf over the wkend, which was a little embarressing.

Your thoughts
JennieGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You might not be doing enough. Care to post a daily menu and what you are doing for exercise?

You might need to either increase or decrease your intake or increase the workouts. If you haven't lost a pound in two months it means you need to do something different.

I don't think BCP hinders/haults weight loss unless you just started and are adjusting- but I've been on the pill for years and I've lost over 30 lbs.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

It depends but probably not - "eating better" can still mean too many calories. The simplest solution is usually the correct one. A lot of women report weight gain when starting certain kinds of BC (ie. depo shot) but this doesn't like your situation.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #4  

i eat high fiber, low calories foods, veggies, fruits and no more than 1350 calories a day. I do kickboxing, 3-4 times a wk
Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #5  

How do you measure your calories
Old 10-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #6  

I write down anything I put in my mouth
Old 10-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #7  

Are you weighing/measuring? Any guessing?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Any clue how many calories the kickboxing burns? Probably quite a bit I'd think though.

Have you tried using an online tracker for calories? You could be underestimating (I know I used to).

Do you eat meat? Didn't see anything about protein- also you might be eating a lot of carbs which for me I know doesn't work- I tend to maintain if I'm eating too many carbs and not enough protein/veggies.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #9  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Hey just popping in, how hard are you working out during your kickboxing? And do you add a few calories in on the days you do? IDK about other people, but I've recently figured out that on my workout days (and I am in an intense bootcamp right now) I need to eat more. Like it had to happen, I was starving myself and I didn't even realize it. Also, switch it up workout wise! Our body's are awesome in that they will adapt, but it sucks that they will adapt and sometimes a switch up might help(?) One more thing, what's your water intake like? It's really important to get those ounces in everyday!

I'm still a newbie at this myself, but those few adjustments have helped tremendously! HTH!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #10  

No guessing. I measure, weigh, check the calories "per serving". I read all the labels of food when I go food shopping. People must think im nuts. I don't eat a lot of sodium either...I hate salt. I used to drink beer every night now only once over the wkend. You'd think cutting that out alone would help. IDK, it is what it is I guess. Just frustrating. and to make matters worse. My bf's friend just started taking the kickboxing class last wk and lost 3lbs....love men! lol
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #11  

If you are actually taking in 1350 calories like you say, then there's the idea that your weight loss may be slowing down and stopping from not eating enough. Perhaps up your calories by 100 or 200 and give that some time (4-6 weeks to see any real changes).
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #12  

all i drink during the wk is water. I workout for 60 minutes a day as hard as I can. I'm usually drenched after class. I eat meat, chicken, turkey. very rarely red meat.

thanks for all ur thoughts on this. I'll just keep pluggin and see what happens in another month.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #13  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

I'm an inch taller than you and my loss was super slow until I lowered to 1200 calories. 6 of my 29 pound loss has been in the last month since I lowered my calories (I started in April) on the recommendation of an online calorie tracker.
It looks like we work out about the same amount of time (I get 2 hours of Zumba and and about 2 hours of running and a few at home fitness videos)

Play with your carb/protein/fat percentages as well. I stopped losing when I went extremely low fat/low carb, some of us just can't lose that way.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by JayLei; 10-25-2010 at 03:02 PM.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #14  

I'll try an online calorie counter and try to lower my intake to 1200. As for the pill, earlier it was mentioned if I had just started. I didnt just start but I did switch over to a different brand back in July. 1200 sounds so little but i'll try. i'm desperate! have a destination wedding to go to in upcoming July and would like very much to strut my stuff in a bikini lol
Old 10-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #15  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieGrl View Post
I'll try an online calorie counter and try to lower my intake to 1200. As for the pill, earlier it was mentioned if I had just started. I didnt just start but I did switch over to a different brand back in July. 1200 sounds so little but i'll try. i'm desperate! have a destination wedding to go to in upcoming July and would like very much to strut my stuff in a bikini lol
If you switched in July - you would be adjusted by now. I don't do very well on the higher dose pills. I tried the ring for 2 and 1/2 months, but was lucky enough to have the "emotional instability" side effect. If my hormones are out of whack, it makes it hard for me to eat healthy... all I want are carbs and chocolate. But that is hormones affecting my mood which lead me to eat crap. If you are adjusted and not having any side effects, then I wouldn't think they would be the problem and it sounds like you are doing amazing with your eating and exercise. Keep at it!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote