Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

Default 2 lb gain =(

ok gained 2 pounds this week, im really trying to NOT allow myself to feel frustrated. i don't know why i gained, i planed my meals and stuck with it with the exception of the homemade sub the other day, but even with that there were no sauces or anything and defiantly didn't do 2 pounds worth of damage, i don't think im retaining water, and i don't get Tom anymore due to a partial hysterectomy..so i don't think i get bloated anymore although i do get crampy because i still ovulate...ok getting wayyy off subject here. i just keep telling myself just keep doing what you are doing and it will have to come off, just a little down today i guess, i have an awful cold and didn't sleep well now this! =( oh well tomorrows a new day i guess ill just keep trucking along!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

If you still ovulate it's totally possible that you could bloat! I gain tons of weight every month and it drops off and then some after my hormones have leveled back out.

PLUS, if you have a cold that could effect things as well. I always gain when I'm sick.

Try not to be discouraged! Push through... maybe take a break from the scale for a few days.

You can do it!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #3  

Thank you!! and i didn't even think about the cold. i weigh myself weekly but instead of waiting a whole week i think i might weigh myself again in about 3 days. its not an option to give up, im in this for the long haul!
Thanks again!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolewoods1 View Post
Thank you!! and i didn't even think about the cold. i weigh myself weekly but instead of waiting a whole week i think i might weigh myself again in about 3 days. its not an option to give up, im in this for the long haul!
Thanks again!
Repeat this over and over again. "It is not an option to give up." "It is not an option to give up." "It is not an option to give up." "It is not an option to give up."

Keep plugging away. STICK with your plan, tweaking as need be. Get used to it, make it comfortable, make it enjoyable so that you will WANT to stick with it and that it is no hardship to stick with.

And yeah, I was thinking the cold too.

Keep at it. The rewards are coming.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Sometimes, if I eat before bed, or if I eat something I know I shouldn't, I can see a 2-4lb difference on the scale in the morning. I bet you tomorrow the scale will read differently, if only by .8 or .6. It's really a personal thing. I can eat before bed, but if it's something heavy like meat, it really shows up the next day. Maybe the sub was just too much bread, who knows.

Anyway don't let it bug you, by the end of the week it will most likely be gone. Sorry though, I know how you feel! I've been at 172 but randomly jumped up to 173.8 the other day and about died.

Last edited by yhahmd; 10-16-2010 at 03:11 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #6  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

If I don't sleep well or if my back has been bothering me a lot, I'll see an upward blip on the scale in the morning. The pain makes sense, since it means inflammation, which means swelling, which means weight, but I've never figured out why a poor night's sleep will do it. Oh well, one of those "things that make you go hmmmm."
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolewoods1 View Post
Thanks again!
I love your attitude Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #8  

thanks ladies!! i know it will come off, i just have to not give up, and im just tired of "almost" getting to goal and gaining back. i never was a yoyo dieter i just kinda had my baby's back to back and then when i had bri in 2001 i realized i was at that 200 pound mark so i started watched my calories and got to 165 in 3 months.
then found out i was prego with our last son. i didn't gain it all back but enough .
then i lost again and gained it back again and now here i am. so technically that is yo yoing, so now im just focusing on eating healthy for my body for my kids to have a good example and im really just trying to recognize when im stressed upset or even happy...... to recognize and deal with these feelings without food.
im not 22 anymore just trying to look hot! it goes much deeper, i want to be healthy in my body and emotions and i i have little ones that mimic me.

me looking hot is just a by product , no really though if i focus on that i Will fail. if i focus on what is really important to me... well then failing is not an option, that's just the way it is, my health and kids are too important to me.
ill just be happy when the day comes that food doesn't consume my life as much as it does now. God has too much for me to do to be consumed with this my whole life, not to say that i wont have to be cautious that i don't fall into old habits the rest of my life, but i do know this is a learning and healing process and defiantly a season that it wont always be like this and i am looking forward to that. its like the lyrics to one of my favorite songs "You gotta face the clouds To find the silver lining ..." that is soooo true, iv been trough so much in my life and it truly has made me who i am today... strong, forgiving, loving, and faithful, and completely imperfect and that's ok too.. wow i am sooo sorry this is so long. it was not suppose to be. thank you ladies, you all encourage me so much!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

hon. My DH is an MD and he confirms, if you've got ovaries, you can have TOM bloat. The bloat is due to water retention from hormones released by your ovaries, nothing to do with your uterus. Plus, if you had deli meat on your sub, the sodium could cause a spike. Our bodies are such mysteries! But keep at it, stick with your plan and you will succeed!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #10  

ok, that makes me feel better thank you Amy! and i had meatball's on the sub that came from a bag and it had sauce on the meatballs, not alot but im sure that the sodium combined prob didn't help... today's a new day though and i know ill do good this week as well!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #11  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

i can def feel where your coming from, this past week i gained a pound but TOM will be here thursday so i keep telling myself that's to blame.

i finally took out my tape measure yesterday and i'm gonna use it in addition to the scale bcuz i kno i'll see inches gone before lbs.

good luck and hang in there!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote