Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 05:12 PM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, so far so good for me~ but then this is my tough time of day.
Glad that everyone else who has checked in (Spryng and Karen) are doing fine too!
Have a great nite. (gotta go drink more water)
Ginny
Old 10-29-2002, 08:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

I don't have much time here, so I'll just say HELLO! Also....I don't think that I'll reach my 5# challenge by HALLOWEEN. Especially since the Halloween candy came into my house! I'm not one to go out & buy candy for the house, but if it's here, I can't leave it alone. I would'nt mind if someone would just take the bag & run!! At least I'm doing one good thing for myself & that is that I'm drinking my water. I've also been pretty active for the past week. Hopefully this will help some. Well, I have to go take DD to school. See yah all later!
Old 10-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #33  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Jackie - I know what you mean about that halloween candy! I have learned that I cannot buy it until the day before halloween. And even then I have issues. I will be buying mine tomorrow.. so I am hoping all my favorites are gone!

I am doing pretty good. I have a meeting at school this morning so I wont be able to get on the treadmill until this afternoon. I have had only water so far this morning.. but the water is boiling now for the oatmeal!

Yesterday was really rough after I posted. My daughter is in Preschool. (She is 4) I dont want to bore you with all the details, but the teacher is horrible. She is new to the school and all the parents of preschoolers are up in arms. Cassie was in the preschool program last year and had a wonderful time. the teacher was terrific and she was happy. This year it is like boot camp. the kids cannot play and cassie come home Angry everyday swearing she doesnt want to go back.

I have been dealing with the principal on this. She is following through with the parents and she knows that we are unhappy. She has spent time in the classroom all week last week and even told me she is not impressed with what is going on. Yesterday however, the teacher has taken out her anger with me as a parent who doesnt like what is happening in the classroom on my daughter. So Today I am going to be dealing with these issues.. and I hope that I will get them resolved satisfactorily. Otherwise, by the end of the week, I will be pulling her out of school and homeschooling her. Not something I wanted to do.. but it looks like I have no other choice since all the preschools in the area are full.

wish me luck!
Old 10-29-2002, 11:06 AM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Aw crum!!!!!!!!! I just lost my post!!

Karen and Jackie- hope that your day goes well. I will try to check in later and leave more personal stuff.

Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 10-29-2002, 07:12 PM   #35  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just back for a quick hello.

Karen, what I wanted to say before (and it got lost!) was that I hope that this preschool situation works out ok. . And if it does not, although I am sure that the time away is healthy~ enjoy the time that you have with her. Every day is a blessing....... I wish I could have the last 6 years of Dd back again. It just changes so much when they are in school.

Jackie~OK, so we start a Thanksgiving challenge, OK? I am not going to make the Halloween one either (too chicken to get on the scale!). Keep smiling and drinking that water.

Gotta go load the dishwasher. Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 10-29-2002, 10:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening everyone!
Karen, I hope things work out for your little one in school. I have a couple more years before I am in your shoes but I can imagine. I was homeschooled through my high school years and I thought it was great. You do what is best for your child, and that is all that matters
Hi Jackie!! Sorry to hear you and Ginny aren't going to make your 5# challenge, I feel like I bailed on you guys since dieting is the last thing on my mind. But I'm still here to support you! Have you been riding your bike? I know you could peddle forever it seemed! Mine is tucked away in a closet for now. I know I could still get on it but I have just been so tired! I get up around 10 or 11 and the kids go down for their naps at 1 and so do I. pathetic huh? Then I'm in bed by 10 pm and start the cycle all over again. I have 6 more weeks until my 2nd trimester and I am so ready for that energy boost.
Well, I guess I'll get off. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and makes whatever mini-goals they set for themselves. Mine is to survive the day. I have a job core thing to attend at 8:30 am that lasts until 11:30, then we have to drive 30 minutes to pay our house payment and then drive another hour and a half to pay on our furniture, (we still have yet to open a bank account so we could pay by check, procrastinators I know) so it will be a very long day without my much needed NAP!! So G'nite.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:02 AM   #37  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement! After having a very enlightening chat with the principal yesterday, DH and I had a long disscussion about the situation when Cassie was in bed. Today is her Halloween party at school (She attends only MWF) . I am going to be spending the entire morning in the class anyway as I was scheduled to help with the party. Then we are going to keep her out of school until Monday November 11th. The teacher has been given an altimatum to change, or face termination on the 8th. So I feel that Cassie cannot continue in her class regardless so if the termination does not happen, we can pull her out completely on the 11th. Personally I feel that she will quit before the 8th anyway... I guess parents have been coming out of the woodwork with issues so that makes me feel a lot better and that I am not the only one.

Ginny and Jackie - I am with you on the Thanksgiving challenge! Lets do it! I need an incentive! Especially since I will be with my in-laws that week... I would like to have lost some weight before I see them!

Ginny - I know what you mean about enjoying the time. My DS is 6 and I am baffled at where those years went. Now he is writing words and starting to read and I just cannot figure out how this all happened. It was yesterday that I was singing him to sleep on my lap. Same with DD. I have been actually trying to figure out how to schedule my time better so that I can make even more time just to have what I call "silly" time. Time were we can just get on the floor in the family room and do what ever the kids want to do.. dance, watch a movie together, play with legos... what ever. I do a lot of other stuff with them like crafts or nintendo.. and of course homework with my son.. but I want to do on the fly stuff too... and that just gets harder to do every year!

Spryng - I remember those tired days. Enjoy it! I wish some days I could have one day a week that I could sleep until 10 am! My daughter gets up now at 4:30 am because the time chance has thrown her off.. it was 5:30 before... and My crochet design work keeps me up until 11 or later.. so that makes for long days! LOL! And dont you dare thing you have bailed on us!! YOu havent! You just have focus on another area right now. and being healthy during your pregnancy is extremely important to.. so eventhough you are gaining a bit, you still need to stay active and eat right... so we all can still support eachother!

Well, I am off...I need to get cassie in her butterfly costume!

Have a good day!!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:00 PM   #38  

Good evening everyone!
Whew! What a day I had. Run run run non stop. I just got home about an hour ago and left this morning at 8:00 am!! I am so tired! We also had to go grocery shopping and I started to feel a little crampy during it so I knew my body was saying enough. It has subsided since I've been home though. Thankfully.
Thank you Karen for letting me know I didn't abandon you all. believe me... in 7 1/2 months I'll be right there with you on the weight loss challenges!! Last time I waited almost 6 months before trying to lose weight after having my 2nd. (I didn't breastfeed) and the weight kept piling on, I'm not going to wait that long this time. I plan on exercising and eating better right after the birth. Of course I'll only do what my body allows but I am going to be close to my goal weight by time my new baby is 6 months old (wishful thinking??)
Well, it's late and I'm tired. So I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:18 AM   #39  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Good Morning everyone!!

Am I ever glad Halloween is OVER! LOL! The kids looked so cute in their costumes and had so much fun yesterday... but the temptation in the house was too great. I think I at about 7 ir 8 pieces of candy yesterday... maybe it was closer to 10? Whatever the number... this morning I dumped all the extra candy (except for the mini special darks.. may favorites and they are in the freezer) into a zip lock and gave it to DH to take to work!

Yesterday I also had my yearly Gyn appointment. It was a very sad thing.... Granted, it was 3:30 in the afternoon, and I had on my heaviest jeans and sweater and a pair of boots (It was in the low 30's yesterday) but the scale weighed me in at 204!!! I havent weighed that much in almost 4 years!! My Bp was slightly elevated to at 140/80 I havent seen those numbers in a while either. Although we didnt talk about weight loss.. (we have before) I know I need to take serious control again!

SO ... if anyone wants to join me with a Challenge.. Jump right on in!

OK... This is my plan. I am doing this over a 2 month span as I need as much incentive to get through the holidays as I can! But I am gong to break down my goals into monthly as well.

Overall Goal:
Weight: By Decmeber 31, 2002 down 10 pounds
Exercise: By December 31, 2002 to have done cardio 50 days. (25 minutes or more) and incorporate Yoga every morning by December 1.

November:
Walk on Treadmill M-Sat 25 minutes or more
Journal ALL food intake
Down 5 pounds by 11/30/02
Slowly incorporate AM Yoga tape

December:
Walk on Treadmill M-Sat 25 minutes or more
Journal ALL food intake
Do AM yoga tape daily
Down additional 5 pounds by 12/31/02

I know I can do this. On top of all this I am going on a 2 month regimin of a Low dose hormone patch to see if we can control my Endometriosis. If that doesnt work... then I may have to go in for laser surgery and then 6 months of Depo Luprin shots. I know I dont want the shots because they cause you to lose bone mass. I am making sure I get my calcium in now and will also try to get some weights in as well in December. I dont want to push myself with the excercise too fast because I know that if I cant get it to work into my schedule.. or I get to sore too soon... I will not continue.. and I can't do that.

So that is what is going on with me. I hope all are doing well out there. I know it gets busy.. but I hope you all can check in!
Old 11-01-2002, 07:16 PM   #40  
burned out bus driver

HI!
Just a quick hello. I stand with all of you ~ thankful that Halloween and candy is over. I have eaten too much of the stuff!
(and I look awful..............)
I came online to get something for Dh- so have to get off now.
See ya later!!!!!!! (sorry this is so short)
Ginny
Old 11-04-2002, 10:20 AM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, it sure is quiet here.........So I'll just check in and say hello.
I got my walk in this morning~ and with any luck will go out for a short walk this afternoon also. My eating is still not too good, but I am working on it.
Yesterday we went to MIL/FIL's house to celebrate MIL's bday. It went ok, considering that she can be VERY difficult and can make a visit pure torture (the reason why I have not seen her since early August, when a visit with her was a disaster- she was in a furious with the world mood). I am glad that for Dh's sake that it went well. Both of his parents are failing.......slowly......he is going to be 84 in 3 weeks and she is going to be 78 on Tues. And they are just slowing down. It is kind of hard to watch, as neither of them is really willing to concede that they might need some help. Don't get me wrong- they are not in really bad shape and still functional but just unwilling to accept change. (always have been!!!!! still call Dh "Bobby" and he is way over 40!!!!!!! Makes me wanna puke, but that is for another day.)
I am glad that that is over..........except that FIL's bday is in early Dec, so we get to do this all over again. And there is Thanksgiving..... We see more of them than my comfort zone can handle.

Karen- how ya doing with your walking???? Are you getting the time in that you planned? We ARE going to make that 5# off by December, right ? (I am going to join you).

Spryng- did your insurance card show up? How are you feeling?

Jackie- I know that you are out there.....pedalling on that recumbant bike and hopefully getting a chance to at least read the posts. How are you doing?

Well, I am really good at conversing by myself, but have to make dinner and do want to get out for a short walk again.
Hope that your day is going well. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 11-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #42  

Hello all!
Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days... morning sickness has reared it's ugly head I'm not throwing up, just queasy all day long now except when I'm eating or drinking ice cold water... so needless to say I keep a glass with me all day and try to nibble on food all day too to keep the nausea under control. And yes, I did get my medical card on Friday. I made an appointment with the Midwife for November 13, 9 days away. I am so excited. This will be my first time to go through a midwife. I may finally get the birth experiance I have always wanted barring any unseen complications. So I feel like this pregnancy is finally moving along. I'm 7 wks today. SO many more weeks to go... oh, and I'm already showing!! I was wearing a size 10 jeans when we moved (I had gained a little weight) so I bought some 12's to tie me over until I started to show. They were very lose on me when I bought them and last friday they cut off my circulation to the point I had a really bad headache... so my DH bought me a pair of maternity jeans and they are so comfortable! I put them on and couldn't believe I had this little rounded belly already. But with my 2nd child I started showing at 10 wks along, this one is a little earlier but I guess it's normal when you've gone through this several times already.
Well, Ginny. Sorry to hear you and your MIL don't get along. I can empathize with you 100%. I'm having some issues with mine right now. My Dh's sister just had a baby (she's 9 wks old now) and she lives with them. Every since she was born they have been screwing with that poor baby. Two days after she left the hospital they decided she spit up too much so they changed her formula... then they decided she has gas pains so they changed it again... then they thought she ate too much formula so they put her on rice cereal and smashed banana's. Now they don't think that is helping so they took her off formula completely and have her on 2% milk!!!!! What is wrong with them! They tell me all this but when I offer my advice or what I've been through or read they look at me like I'm stupid and don't know what I'm talking about. It's so annoying. I'm just so stressed that they are doing more harm than good to that little girls belly... oh and get this, she goes to the bathroom everyday, sometimes she grunts... like all babies do. Well they think it is too hard for her so they give her a suppository!! First off, you don't give that to babies only 2 months old and second a pediatrician will only suggest it if it's been several DAYS since she went. Not a few hours. I want to tear their heads off sometimes. So the other day I told them to stop telling me what they do tot hat baby because it's making me a nervous wreck aroung them. They won't listen to me so why tell me about it?? I would rather be in ignorant bliss. I don't know what to do. But that's my issue with them right now.
Well, got to go. Hope everyone is doing good on their 5# challenge!!
Old 11-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

Wow! I didn't realize that it's been that long since I posted last. I'm sorry that I've been MIA & I really didn't plan it that way. Well, it looks as though I'm part of the Thanksgiving 5# challenge. I started on Friday a.m. and was doing really well until dd & I went to the schools harvest festival. I got talked into entering the pumpkin pie eating contest. I ended up taking 2nd place, BIG deal!! The only thing big about it is the calories & how uncomfortable I felt afterwards. So, as of yesterday a.m., I'm back on the Fit For Life Plan. I think that I'll really stick with the program this time. I went shopping for pants on Thursday & I was totally disgusted on what size I would have had to purchase!
So....I refused to buy that size & will not go back to purchase pants 'til my old pants are hanging on me! Spryng: Do you know the rubber band trick to make your pants fit you longer? Well-I may not be pregnant, but this is the point that I'm at now with the rubber band trick! Oh bother! DH came home earlier than I expected him to & now I have to give up the laptop for awhile. See yah all later!
Old 11-04-2002, 03:46 PM   #44  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Gang!

I am here! And doing well so far! I didnt get my walks in over the weekend, but we did a ton of walking on Saturday going window shopping.. and I am sore!

This morning my 4 year old wanted to exercise with me. So instead of the treadmill, we pulled out my Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk tape. That is the tape I did when I lost the original 56 pounds in 1999. I forgot how fun that was!! And Cassie had fun too!

Ginny - It can be hard when parents get older! My mom had a stroke in May (she is only 66) and although it wasnt very serious (A wake up call the doctor said) She is not the same. It makes it even harder when it isnt your parent I would think!

Spryng - Smart girl with you nibbling all day to keep the nausea away! I didnt learn that trick until my second! I showed really fast too with my second! I cant imagine how soon I would show if I had a third! You sound like you are doing well! Good for you with the inlaws! I cant believe that they are doing all that with a 9 week old! Sheesh!

Jackie - Your pants story is exactly where I am with things too. Only mine is my tops. I still fit in my 14's.. but I need extra large for tops again... I gain in my boobs first! I HATE THAT!!! I refuse to buy any more tops too! We can do it!

Hope all are having a great day!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:10 AM   #45  
One day at a time.

Hello there Ladies!

I'm sorry I disappeared, but it's been so crazy with the animals, and Ds playing football sure kept me going. His last game was Sunday, so I'm hoping things will slow down a bit! Wow, things have sure picked up since I last visited, Spryng, congratulations to you and welcome back. Glad that everyones doing well, aside for all of the family adversity, which I can't totally relate to with my in-laws! I am doing fine, other than my asthma attack that are coming more often now that it's getting cold here. I'm very pleased to announce that I've lost a total of 54.6 lbs. now and I will weigh in tonight and hopefully add to that total!?!

Everyone have a great day, and I'll be back soon!

274/219/135
Closed Thread