Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #16  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

+1 on nutritional info. I also keep to the outside area unless I need paper products. I try to think of my trips to the grocery store as a a fueling station for my body and not a browsing trip. Also, try to schedule your trip when you know you have somewhere to be in an hr or so, so there isn't as much time. Mind over matter!
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #17  

I pick out the fresh fruits, veggies, etc, and give hubby a list of other stuff.
He can walk past all the so-called-goodies.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I power shop. Seriously. I can cover the whole store in about 20 minutes. This keeps me focused on what I need to buy, rather than what I might want. I also avoid the center of the store, where most of the processed junk is.

Finally, I like to tell myself "well, you didn't plan on eating this food item this week...we'll get it next week!" if cravings emerge. Then by next week, I'm not so concerned about it. But really grocery stores aren't my biggest issue
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #19  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
Make a list and stick to it. I also listen to my fitness/health/wellness podcasts while I shop. Or any talk radio or that matter. I get to into the topic to get distracted by crap.
I LOVE that idea! I want to try that. What kind of podcasts do you download?

Also sticking to the lists and ONLY the lists. I never thought of that, weirdly enough. I mean I make a list, but I throw other stuff in there if I see it. I like this idea. It will also make me think harder about what I need, because if I forget something I have to drive aaaaaall the way back the next day.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #20  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles View Post
I LOVE that idea! I want to try that. What kind of podcasts do you download?
Mostly stuff from KFI 640 AM. After Jillian's show (those podcasts are still floating around the net somewhere), I've been hooked on a few shows. Bill Handel, John and Ken, Leo Laporte, Jesus Christ Show.

I just subscribed to a TON of podcasts on iTunes recently (it's really too numerous to even list them all)...some I can remember are CrossFit Radio, Fit Girl, 2 Fit Chicks and a Microphone, and Dr. Susan Mitchell. There was A national guard fitness one too...
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote