Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Blech...

Ok... I feel HORRIBLE.

It's TOM... and... I just feel nasty. I don't mind blood... but it's... more like WHERE it comes from (tmi... sorry) that everytime I think about it I feel slightly nasious. I don't feel like eating anything, I just feel like curling up into bed and sleeping, or downing five ibuprofen (ok... more like just two) and watching Gilmore Girls.

I also have pretty bad stomach issues during TOM... including diahrrea (sometimes it's just soft stool, other times it's quite scary and explosive).

I usually lose weight during TOM... which is good... except I usually end up REALLY hungry afterwards... and then I eat and eat and eat. Hoping that doesn't happen.

But anyways... I feel horrible. And I had to take an Algebra Credit by Exam test this morning, have another one this afternoon, and I'm also going down to the beach house with cousins and grandparents... and I'm really not in the mood.

I had a bowl of cheerios for breakfast this morning... and not long after eating that... felt like puking it up. I hate TOM.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Sorry... TOM can really kick you at times.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

The dreaded TOM... I feel your pain. Why must we deal with it every month? It really isnt fair.. Hope you feel a little better soon...
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #5  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Thanks guys. I took some ibuprofen and my cramps aren't as bad... still don't feel like eating anything besides a couple crackers and maybe some toast... and even then...

*sigh*

At least mine don't last very long (5 days has been the longest, usually it's around 3). It's just... when it comes... it packs quite a punch.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I feel your pain Serbrider. Day one for me knocks me on my behind! The cramps aren't so bad any more. But the exhaustion is overhwhelming. I could just curl up and sleep the day away. And who needs a colon cleanse when you've got a monthly TOM - right?

You'll fell better tomorrow. You'll make it thru today.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I absolutely have to eat when I get cramps on Day One. If I don't eat, that's when I feel the most miserable. So I force myself to eat something.

My TOM really isn't a big deal at all—it lasts about three days and I never gain weight or feel the need to binge—but the first day can be quite uncomfortable.

I find I feel much better if I have worked out the day before.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 06-14-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

TOM sucks something major. I've heard things like ginger can get rid of cramps (or something that was like ginger)? But I hope you feel better!
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Bloating, nausea, aches, debilitating cramps, back ache...
The pain has always been the worst part for me, the few occasions where I haven't had access to painkillers or been busy I've basically passed out from the pain.
Lately the pain has been slightly less anyway, but I've been getting the hiccups loads :S
The joys of being a woman

Hope you are feeling better soon
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

My cramps were so bad that my doc prescribed me something stronger than ibuprofin. But even with the OTC stuff, she recommended taking it the minute you feel the twinge of a cramp - don't wait until it gets bad. Sometimes taking it before your period even starts makes the cramps less awful. It's been working pretty well for me so far, though I don't know what would happen if I had to give up the naproxyn.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #11  

Height: 6"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbrider View Post
I also have pretty bad stomach issues during TOM... including diahrrea (sometimes it's just soft stool, other times it's quite scary and explosive).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post
And who needs a colon cleanse when you've got a monthly TOM - right?
I thought that only happened to me. Yesterday was Day One of my period and I was in the bathroom all day with #2's. I still don't know why that happens. I would Google it, but I hear that Google saves a list of everything you search by your IP address. I really don't need - Menstrual cycle and Diarrhea - showing up in their database.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #12  
--Alex--

S/C/G: 223/ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Taking calcium once every hour helps with cramps and everything else a surprisingly large amount. I guess it's also supposed to help with muscle cramps of every sort. TOM is the worst, and I'm going through the same thing right now, but if you try and keep moving that sometimes helps as well.
duckygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #13  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

TOM is the worst, I feel your pain.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #14  

Quote:
I thought that only happened to me. Yesterday was Day One of my period and I was in the bathroom all day with #2's. I still don't know why that happens.
The exact reasons why diarrhea occurs during your period aren't fully understood, but it is quite common and often tied to menstrual cramps. Believed to be at the root of the cause are prostaglandins, chemicals released during your period that allow the uterus, and thus the intestines, to contract. Prostaglandins can also cause other pain associated with dysmenorrhea, the medical term for painful menstrual periods. Prostaglandin-related cramps and diarrhea usually occur in the first three days of your menstrual period.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digest...ur-period.aspx
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #15  

FWIW - right before I went into labor with my son, I had a bad bought of diarrhea and vomiting. About an hour's worth and totally cleaned out my system from both ends. Then an hour later, labor started and I had him 4 hrs later. Its all tied together.