Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #16  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Shattered, I know how you feel. Although I'm sensitive and receptive to your feelings, I cannot coddle you, because that would be enabling. At times, I still end up in that black hole and have to take a look and scratch beyond the surface.

The reality is that I do not want to be 6 feet under from a sudden heart attack. It can happen tomorrow. And then, I'll take one look into my son's eyes and it all becomes clear.

For me...this is not about if I feel I'm "worth it" or not. We're all worth it, God doesn't make junk. It's about whether I want to live or die. I refuse to just exist and feel like the walking dead any longer. Please don't continue to take your mortality for granted. A decision needs to be made either way and only you can make it. You can do it and you have tons of great people here to hold your hand along the way. Take control, it's all yours. Turn that frown upside down, Chickadee.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 279/229/150

Height: 5'2"

Ive been suffering from a lack of motivation as well. Ive refused to completly give up and have been taking baby steps. Today, I may not walk cause it is too dang hot and ill make about half a mile before Im ready to pass out, but Ive started reducing my calorie intake. It may not be as low as others its to 1800 and too me that feels like progress.. give it try do one little thing then try another before you know it it will all add up and you'll be on your road to a healthier you.

I saw a commercial last night that picked me up and made me want to keep trying. It was for Jillian Michaels new tv show...darn i think I got her name wrong ..anyway one of the women she was working with said :
"I can do anything I set my mind to. I just gotta DO IT"

Darn straight! That hit home for me if I can get straight A's in college through pure determination..and no I'm not one of those people who grades come easy too then I darn well can do this.

I am willing to bet you can too!!!. My confidence for you is this big .........infinity.......!!!!!
Just do it and if you like we can do it together. Im just starting as well.

Phew, I hope that was helpful I just kinda typed and I think you need a great big hug *****hug*****
Teeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All I can say is - is that you have the ability to do this. I wish someone would have told me this decades ago - you've got the ability to lose the weight. You don't have to be fat if you don't want to be. I thought for many years that I could not. That I didn't have the strength, the will power, the control - that whatever. But that was false. I was capable of it the whole time. The whole time. Every one is. We've all got what it takes to do this. Dig down deep. Stretch. You don't have to overeat. You've got the ability to turn this around. Being overweight IS a choice, just as losing the weight is a choice. The control will never land in your lap though, you've got to get out there and grab it. Take it. Hold on for dear life. Make a plan and stick to it like glue. Like glue. Whether you feel like it or not, no matter how bad the cravings are - work through it, push through it. Don't give in - they will pass. It's okay to tell yourself no. In fact, it's wonderful. Work past the initial, temporary discomfort. Challenge yourself. Make a game of it. Push yourself and push yourself and before you know it, you will be doing what you once thought was impossible.

Check in here often. Make a game plan, a mode of attack and get into it!! Become passionate about good health. Make it your job, your mission.

DECIDE to do this. I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote