Did you tell?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I'm really an open book in this matter. I don't really care if my coworkers were to ask me questions, or catch me checking nutrion labels. I'm pretty open about it with my hubby, family, and friends. I never really thought about it as an issue. I even have my husband trained to check labels for me, if he goes without me to the store. I've just always been a fairly blunt and honest person, and I try not to let what others think worry me too much. But I can understand your concern, I've learned over the years that my openness is odd.

Maybe as things continue to work out for you, you'll feel more confident and proud, and more willing to talk about it.
  • Quote: I've done this more times than I care to try to count, and when I got on the scale a few days ago and saw my highest weight ever(I had been avoiding the scale for a while... Ugh!), I freaked out. It was my huge revalation that got me really paying attention to what I eat and trying to make exercise a part of my life.

That being said, my freak out kind of made it's way onto FB. I'm not a very closed off person when it comes to... Anything. So I said a couple of things when I first had my "ah-hah" moment, and basically everyone I know is aware of what I'm doing. The vast majority of them have been very supportive and I've gotten all kinds of ideas and strategies from them. One person, in my opinion, was extremely condescending in his attempt to get advice, which lead to a big angry argument over FB comments(We're super mature, right??), but it's whatever. Like I said, basically everyone else has been crazy supportive of my descision to make this change in my life. I feel like the support is necessary, and it helps me to feel accountable to more than just myself... Even though in the end the weight loss is only for myself.
    Wow you live in Roseville, CA? I live right by there lol. Small world.
  • Well hi there! LOL. Small world indeed.