Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Question Goal weight?

I'm having a hard time coming up with what my goal weight should be. In high school I was 130 and felt extremely comfortable at that weight. But I have had 2 kiddos and my hips are definitely bigger.
145 is my goal currently and its on the high area of "normal weight" according to BMI. I am 25 years old, 5'4 with a medium body type.
Do you guys think I could get back into the 130's? Seems SO far away...
constance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I think you can do whatever you set out to do...but you also have to be realistic in terms of maintaining. The only way to know for sure is seeing if you feel comfortable at 145. If you get there, and would rather be thinner, then press on.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I completely understand what you're feeling. When I first started this journey (again), I didn't feel like I could be as thin as my goal. However, as you get closer to goal, it will feel more tangible. Just make your goals as you move forward. You may feel perfectly happy at 145 but you can always change it. It's not set in stone and you are in complete control. Everyone carries their weight differently. I sometimes see people on shows and they are supposed to be of a certain weight and to me, they look much, much thinner because they can carry that weight very well. On the flip side, the same thing can happen. The key is for you to just get there in a way that is safe and healthy and not to kill yourself trying to get to something that's unrealistic. I think neither one of those goals is unrealistic and it will just be a matter of time before you figure out which one is right for you.

Sorry that got so wordy!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello, we're the same height! I have chosen 135 as my goal because that's 10 pounds into normal. I remember that weight too and I wasn't happy with it then, but I'd sure be happy there now!! Once I get there, I'll evaluate. I'm prepared to lose an additional 20 lbs from that point, or wherever my body takes me.

The most important thing to me is my health. My blood pressure has already dropped and all my aches and pains have gone away. So I'm already happy. We'll just have to wait and see when I get there.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-11-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm only 1/2 an inch taller then you....wooohooo big deal. LOL
Anyways, I was 130 before gaining all the weight 9 yrs ago. I did have a dd1 when I was very young so I know what to expect. This time around I got closer to my goal before getting pregnant. I enjoyed being 141 but I still strive to be where I was before. True things have changed....my hips are wider, something I always wanted. LOL And I went up a little on my bust, so I will try out 135 for a while before dropping to the next level.
Family and friends who knew me when I was thin, were saying that 141 looked great on me and that they thought it wouldn't hurt to stay there if I'd liked. It was nice just not where I wanted to be.
You can always try to drop to 130, if you don't feel comfortable you can always gain to where you feel comfortable.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Whether or not you aim for 130 in the end, you still have to at least visit 145. So I wouldn't worry about that bit right now. Focus on the now, and worry about fine tuning when you get there.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5

Thanks guys for the advise! Your absolutely right, I can decide later what feels/looks good. Sometimes I just get SO anxious to get there!! Losing weight the RIGHT way is a slow process..
constance21 is offline   Reply With Quote