Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #16  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

That's me too. I am 5' (barely), right now I am 205 and can wear a 18 comfortably.

Arctic Mama-I hear you. I lost a lot of weight after my last child was born but it was not the healthy way. I got down to 145 and I was a size6/8, no one believed I was that heavy. According to my BMI I was still overweight and almost obese. I have tried to back off of the BMI chart and focus on fat% and get that in a healthy spot.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #17  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Im a shorty as well (5'0)and have been in a constant battle with my weight for the last 3-4 years, I decided to cut out all the "tricks" and do this the right way, eating healthy and exercise and wow, it works great! Progress is slow but its progress none the less.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Me me me!!!!! I'm 5'1. I, too, am struggling to come up with an ending goal weight. What's hardest about being short is that you really need to get to crazy low weights to not feel "chunky". I don't really know if I can do that. And we require fewer calories than those taller than us, which also completely stinks!!!!!!

The only good thing I can say about being short is that when you lose weight, it's pretty dramatic. Just as a few pounds gained is noticeable on a short person, pounds lost are really noticeable also.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #19  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviemc View Post
That's me too. I am 5' (barely), right now I am 205 and can wear a 18 comfortably.

Arctic Mama-I hear you. I lost a lot of weight after my last child was born but it was not the healthy way. I got down to 145 and I was a size6/8, no one believed I was that heavy. According to my BMI I was still overweight and almost obese. I have tried to back off of the BMI chart and focus on fat% and get that in a healthy spot.
I'm the same way! My mom was 5'6 and she could weigh 180/190 and be a size 5! I am 5'2 and I am in a size 5 at 145. Even now no one (even my husband!) believes that I am as high as I say I am (which is 206) I have a very large chest, 38 DDD and even when I was at my THINNEST! My chest was still a 36DD. I have had a huge chest since the 7th grade, I was all skin and bones with a dd boob size (I hated it!) So A lot of people tell me 'oh your boobs will get so much smaller when you lose weight' but its just not true for me, my boobs are the just about the same no matter how much weight I lose. I wear a size 15 right now and cant stand it, I can BARELY find jeans and its no fun to go shopping anymore. I want to get down to a 7/9 and then I will be happy. I've stopped worrying about what my BMI says I should weigh and started worrying about what my happiness says I should weigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellost View Post
The only good thing I can say about being short is that when you lose weight, it's pretty dramatic. Just as a few pounds gained is noticeable on a short person, pounds lost are really noticeable also.
Yep!! I totally agree! If I lose even just 10 pounds my husband notices
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #20  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Another shortie here! (And proud!)

I feel like I've always been a little chunky. And when I found out my BMI qualified me as 'obese', that was a huge slap in the face! Who would have thought you could weigh 155lbs, yet be 'obese'?

But the absolute worse part about being 5-feet tall? PANTS DON'T FIT! Even petite pants are way too short! It's so annoying!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

I am tall (5'2" if I stand up really straight). It just so happens that every person I know or see around town happens to be taller.

The so called "petite" clothing hacks me off. I think the new petite must be 5'7" or something. Used to be I could buy clothes and they'd fit my height but now it's like suddenly.. tall ladies are the new petite. Is it like vanity sizing, they're trying to make tall ladies feel short for some reason? What's that make me.. microscopic? My plan is to make my own clothes. I'm starting with a skirt but haven't done much with it, started it before Christmas. That way, when I do lose my weight I'll have the skills needed to make a really cool wardrobe and use less fabric by the time I reach goal.

I will also punch people in the stomach/side if they use me as an arm rest after being asked once to kindly stop. (Not like double them over with a swift hit air-knocked-out style, but enough to make them step off) People can learn really quick. hee hee.
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 172/162/120

Height: 5'1"

Yes! I am 5'1" in a good pair of shoes. My 6'5" dh cut out potato chips and other salty junk when he was diagnosed with hypertension in the fall and lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, but he didn't know it until a weigh in at the dr's. If I lost 12 lbs I would lose my pants right off my butt!
melissa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

I'm 5' 1''. Being short sucks, not only can I still not reach the top shelf but I look a lot larger because of the distribution of my weight. My goal says 140, although I'm really thinking maybe 120, but then I'm thinking I'll just take it and see what I like myself being at. I'm not sure, for my height and age I know that 120 is a good goal weight (so I have been told).
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #24  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellost View Post
Me me me!!!!! I'm 5'1. I, too, am struggling to come up with an ending goal weight. What's hardest about being short is that you really need to get to crazy low weights to not feel "chunky". I don't really know if I can do that. And we require fewer calories than those taller than us, which also completely stinks!!!!!!

I agree with everything you posted. My friend and I are both trying to lose the same amount of weight, but she's 5'11"... she carries her weight much better than I do, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
Another shortie here! (And proud!)

I feel like I've always been a little chunky. And when I found out my BMI qualified me as 'obese', that was a huge slap in the face! Who would have thought you could weigh 155lbs, yet be 'obese'?
I hear you! I'm at 183 right now, and still have to get to 178 to go from Obese class II (morbidly obese) to Obese class I (just plain ol' obese, I guess ). If I were 5'7", I'd be just overweight, and if I were 6' I'd be a normal weight! Crazy what a measly 7-12" can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnythesAINT View Post
I'm 5' 1''. Being short sucks, not only can I still not reach the top shelf but I look a lot larger because of the distribution of my weight. My goal says 140, although I'm really thinking maybe 120, but then I'm thinking I'll just take it and see what I like myself being at. I'm not sure, for my height and age I know that 120 is a good goal weight (so I have been told).
I know exactly what you mean!!! When I first started, I struggled with what weight to strive towards. All the BMI charts and calculators say anywhere from 115-128lbs is considered a healthy weight for my height. It seemed lick such a small number. After I really thought about it, though, I came to the realization that a big part of the reason why 120 seemed like such a small number is because I've spent so much of my life weighing such a large number that my perception is really skewed. What helped me was, I googled 5'0" 120lbs and looked at the photos of people who were that height/weight. They looked normal, not too-skinny. Then I found MyVirtualModel (dot com) and made a model of myself at my starting weight and a goal weight of 120lbs. Again, it just looks slim and healthy!

MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #25  
So tired

S/C/G: 309/294/less

I'm 5'2"... 294ish lbs. Highest was 309. Wearing a size 28 tightly. It's uncool, to put it mildly. When i was 17 i was already 170 lbs. It's hard to find clothes that are short and wide...

The only thing that's slim about me is my wardrobe options. =X
30and300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #26  
*Newbiee

S/C/G: 220/TICKER!/135

Height: 5'3

i'm 5'3, weighing in at 199...i've lost 20 pounds, it's hard to be so short and carry so much weight...but once you start droppin, you will look great!
Hyphey2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #27  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Hey shorties I'm struggling to find a good calorific balance. For those of you who count calories, I was wondering what yours is (including exercise)?
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 184/169.5/135

Height: 5'2

I'm 5'2 and man I get jealous of those tall girls!!
withlovealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/169.5/135

Height: 5'2

I eat about 1350 a day, and burn about 300-400 at the gym.
Quote:
Hey shorties I'm struggling to find a good calorific balance. For those of you who count calories, I was wondering what yours is (including exercise)?
withlovealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #30  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Quote:
I've been experimenting with zig zagging, but average between 1350-1400 calories per day. I workout 5 times/week for at least an hour, 2 days strength training and 3 days cardio. Not sure how many calories I'm burning, but I'm losing an average of 1.5-2lbs/week.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote