Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #1  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Default To Lose 10 lbs in a month

Well its time for me to get back on track. My bday is at the end of January and Im going to try to stick to my mini-goal of losing 10 lbs by this date. Encourage, support and advice much needed! I know there's a challenging road ahead, and quick fixes won't help! So sends those words of encouragement on!! It shall be my fuel!
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Sending encouragement your way!

What are you planning to do ... ya know? eating? exercising?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey, I too started at 287 lbs.

I'm with Susan. What's your plan of action to get the job done???

The greatest thing is though, that once you decide to do this, then you COMMIT to do this - and then it gets DONE. You accept no more excuses. You do what's necessary, what's required - NO MATTER WHAT. You don't have to be overweight if you don't want to be. It took me decades to realize that one. Being overweight is a choice, just as being fit and trim is a choice.

Adhering to a healthy lifestyle is a WONDERFUL thing. Not something to dread, but something to look forward to and be excited about.

This IS the time to be do something fabulous for yourself. You won't regret it for a minute. Losing weight IS a doable thing after all. For everyone and anyone - yourself included. It's wonderful to realize that you really do have the power to change this. It is within your control. You hold the key.

The time I was losing weight was one of the most thrilling, fabulous times of my life. I enjoyed every single second of the self-transformation, self discovery and self growth. I urge you to find the joy in your journey as well. And you will, you WILL. When those rewards start surfacing, OMG - hold on to your seat. Those rewards are over the top fabulous! I look forward to hearing of your progress and success.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 12-29-2009 at 05:48 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I think 10 lbs is a very doable goal. I personally try to stay away from deadlines because if I don't reach them, I tend to give up. Sometimes we can do all the right things but our bodies don't always respond in a logical way. I suggest making 10 lbs your mini goal, and then just go for it without the added stress of a deadline. Celebrate your success whatever date you land on it.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #5  

Setting a date to lose a certain amount of weight can be a disaster. What if you don't succeed? Do you consider yourself a failure and give up? Setting a goal to lose 10 pounds is great, just don't attach it to a certain date. The number on the scale is really not as important as making those permanent lifestyle changes in our eating and exercise that make maintaining our loses sustainable.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote