Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

BNB- i don't think it's tacky at all! When I was in high school, my then boyfriend now husband had to pick me up to get me off the choir risers because I had recently had knee surgery. It was mortifying!

How was everyone's weekend? I went to Utah with my family for a silly little getaway, nothing fancy. But my NSV is that I craved the gym the whole time! The winds are changing, I tell ya!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #47  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

With the help I'm getting from my doctor and dietician my goal is to keep the weight off, settle myself on this healthy eating regime and never have to diet again
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

A size 8.

I also want to get ripped! I have stomach muscles which are becoming visible, and it's so motivating (:
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #49  

Hey everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was wonderful! It was the first time that I didn't eat myself stupid, and there was no family drama. It just doesn't get any better for my family!

So, as far as this ultimate goal goes, I am 30 years old and I have been on and off this journey many times. But for the first time EVER I know this is it. Does anyone else feel that way? I know by the end of 2011 or earlier I will make it to my ultimate goal of 140 pounds. I just feel it is time. I will keep this going as a monthly thread on December 1st. I think the way to make it happen is to plan, plan, and plan. Stick with that plan and post often! If you're having a good day post. If you're having the most horrible day ever post. That's what we are here for.

How Will I Get There...
1. Drinking water, eliminating soda from my universe. Dr. Pepper is my downfall!
2. Cardio in some form 4 days a week, no matter what. I always put people ahead of me, and that has to change. I can squeeze in 30 minutes for myself everyday, I know it!!
3. Accountability here, every day, no matter what. I tend to hide when I have a "bad diet day," which then turns into a week of binge eating. Time to face it!

What do you think?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #50  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Chrissy, your plan sounds great. Mine big goal is to handle eating out choices better.

this tday went pretty well, had a nice day. ate seconds at dinner and pumpkin pie for dessert, but eating the rest of the day was on plan. we took a walk that morning and sat in a local park and had coffee. yesterday, I ate on plan, exercised at home, and we took a walk. Today is gym day.

I'm trying to psych myself up to do a homework assignment for a class I'm taking, rather read and post here, heh heh.

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 11-28-2009 at 09:43 AM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #51  

Hi all,

I was part of a Thanksgiving challenge which has wrapped up so thought I'd drop you all a line here. I did pretty well on Thanksgiving day - at a reasonable amount, didn't drink any alcohol, and skipped the potatoes. One piece of pecan pie for dessert. Definitely more calories than on a typical day, but certainly within reason. I am currently en route to Boston for a six day business trip. In my little suitcase I have baggies with 1/2 cup dry oats, almonds and cinnamon so I can have a healthy breakfast every day. I know I will do a fair amount of eating out and planning to focus on lean protein and fruits and veggies. Plus, tons of walking and I'm hoping to get to a gym or yoga studio or something for a nia class or some other cardio or strength class while I'm there.

I didn't make my Thanksgiving goal of onederland but made great progress. I'm now at 205.5 and am pretty sure that I can make it to onederland in December, maintaining half a pound to a pound loss each week. I am really enjoying my running and lifting routine at the gym - Crissy, I'm with you on craving the gym when I can't make it for a day or two! In the spirit of the ultimate goal I've been looking at races in my area for future 5k, 10k and (what?!?) triathlons I could participate in as I progress. There is an April 5k that benefits autism research that I'd love to participate in - something to motivate me and look ahead to!

Okay, ladies, enjoy the holiday weekend!

Summerlove - congrats on the visible tummy muscles! Wow!
Dragon - I always come here to post when I am procrastinating, too.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #52  
just getting started...

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'7

My big ultimate goal is health and energy, and my body fit and everything it can be so my husband and I can have some babies! I've been "thin" in terms of weight in my adult life, but I didn't achieve it healthfully. I did it by not eating more than 1000-1200 and working out for 3 plus hours a day. So I'm looking to do this in a way that makes my body feel good. So far, that's meant cutting soda, eating mostly organic, lean proteins, whole grains and fruits and veggies. Working out a in a way that makes me strong, but no to the point of being miserable. So, I'd like the future to hold me having healthy babies and getting back to a pre-pregnancy body. I'd like my husband and I to be good examples to our kids and have more energy. I'm tired of being tired. I just want to feel good. I would love eventually to be in really, really great shape! I'd like to participate in half marathons at a minimum and would love eventually to do a triathalon.
twobluebirds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #53  

Dragon- what classes are you taking? I'm a total internet procrastinator too! Especially when report cards are due.

Blue- I have so much admiration for runners! That sounds like a really good plan!

I squandered away my Saturday, but the gym is calling my name tomorrow. I am looking forward to doing a full workout and maybe checking out a spin class. I hear it's killer! I just really want 2010 to be the year I get it together.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #54  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Can I play too?

I have really enjoyed reading this thread! I love the idea of setting an "ultimate" goal, and it's awesome to read about you all getting to yours.

So... Here's mine...

- I will be able to wear a size 6. Before I had my baby that meant weighing somewhere around 135. Not sure what it will be now... So...
- I'm going to go ahead and say my goal weight is 130-135lbs.
- I will stop eating so much candy and wasting calories on junkfood.
- I will run a sub-30 minute 5K
- I will beat my mile PR (8:30)
- I will wear a bikini on the cruise in January.
- I will quit beating myself up.

Hehe. My goals all had the word "want" instead of "will". I think using the "will" is going to motivate me more.

Those are my goals. Time to get to work!!!!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #55  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

it's drafting legal instruments. the last part of the class involved writing wills, and the teacher brought in copies of the ones Katherine Hepburn, John Lennon, Greta Garbo and Jackie Onassis's wrote for us to read as samples. that was interesting

I never tried spin, looks fun. I'm building up to taking a yoga class. pilates seems to have really died down, people are going back to yoga.

blue, enjoy your trip.

twoblue, that's exciting, planning on having kids. great motivator.

went to the botanic garden today, did tons of walking, and I'm happy to report I ordered a med salad for lunch, nice healthy choice. had the dressing on the side. had a good workout yesterday (saturday)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #56  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToTryAgain View Post
Dragon- what classes are you taking? I'm a total internet procrastinator too! Especially when report cards are due.

Blue- I have so much admiration for runners! That sounds like a really good plan!

I squandered away my Saturday, but the gym is calling my name tomorrow. I am looking forward to doing a full workout and maybe checking out a spin class. I hear it's killer! I just really want 2010 to be the year I get it together.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!!
Completely procrastinating from finishing lesson plans and grading !!!!! I have a huge project due tomorrow for my final grad class too!!! Seriously! How can I have so much will power in food and relationships (I can just say no to both) yet when it comes to school work I drown in procrastination?!
Air81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #57  

Air- All I can do is smile. I totally agree!
Tanna- I will- I love it! I think we should adopt that as one of next month's goals!

My butt muscles hurt from shopping, and I avoided Starbucks the whole day. Maybe retail therapy really is good for me!!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #58  

Alright Guys! I started a new thread for our quest towards our ultimate goals! It's called

Ultimate Goal- Here We Go! Month 1

Happy December!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #59  

Default Hi!

I'm new and so excited to be joining in!

I also posted my goals in the ultimate goal-month 1 thread.

My ULTIMATE goal is to get down to a healthy weight so I can get pregnant and eliminate some of the risk factors that complicated my last pregnancy. I weighed 310 when my baby was delivered at 32 weeks. I developed pre-eclampsia and my weight was likely a factor in the development and fast progression of the disease. I nearly died and my baby almost died as well.

I don't care about bikinis, tight jeans, or looking good. All I want is to be healthy and try to get through another pregnancy without crashing and burning. I currently weight around 280 and for me, a healthy weight would be somewhere around 120.
encelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #60  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

My name is Hannah and I'm 16 at 188 lbs.~My ultimate goal is not just to lose weight, but to feel good about my health and my body. To not be so conscience about my apperecne and what others think. To work out and to make healthier food choices. It's been just a few months since i've decided on my healthier lifestyle and it hasn't been going good. It's been so hard to break old habits and to keep going with them.To avoid temptations. I'll keep trying tho!! lol
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote