Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #16  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

My rings have gone from a size 8 to a 5.25 with NO signs of stopping. So my husband bought me a gorgeous band when I got to about a size 6 ring... and now it's way to big. So we're off to buy another one! I am TINY framed and have teeny teeny fingers.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

You could always get a nice chain and wear it around your neck until you reach your goal and then have it resized. Buying a cheap, plain band would help with the "naked" feeling too.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #18  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just an FYI if you have a band that just can't be resized there is this thing a jeweler can put on the inner area of the band that resizes the ring without actually cutting or melting your ring down. I believe it's called a butterfly?, it's a u shaped insert that is connected at the bottom of the U- my friend had to get one when her fiance bought her a ring like 2 sizes too small! It could not be resized.

Oh and usually going to a reputable jeweler makes it safer to get your rings resized. I paid like $20 to get my rings resized.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

We got married a year before I gained all the weight. Eventually I couldn't wear my set anymore, I ended up buying a wedding band for 7 yrs.
Well then 15 lbs ago, I sort of forced my set on my finger with lotion. I told my husband that I wanted to wear my rings again. So my only choice was to keep losing weight if I ever wanted these rings to come off.
Now I can turn them and they freely come off. Yay!!
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #20  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats to everyone!! When I first sized my rings they were good then I gained 40 lbs lol and not so good. I hadn't been able to take them off since putting them on. So it's good to be able to take them off lol They aren't in danger of falling off but just turing turning turning lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm having this problem, too. Sometimes it seems like all the weight I've lost recently has come from my fingers and boobs, lol.

My wedding ring is tough (if not impossible) to resize because it has channel-set square-shaped stones, and the stones are all just pushed together, no metal pieces in between that the jeweler could just squish flatter to take up the space.

For now I've wrapped things around the back of the band (tape, Parafilm, etc) but I like the idea of getting a cheap little band that fits perfectly and wearing it "above" the ring on my finger to hold it on. It might have to be adjustable, or a childrens size, lol... my finger was a size 4.75 when I bought the ring, I can only imagine what it is now!

Last edited by mayness; 10-15-2009 at 12:06 PM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #22  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am now wearing my original wedding band that I have not been able to wear for many years. It could not be resized because of the pattern for it, so when it got too tight, I replaced it and had my engagement ring resized. For now I am wearing my rings in the wrong order but I am using my old band as a ring guard for the new one.

When my current ring gets too large, I hope to wear my grandmother's wedding ring. I have no idea what size it is but it looks tiny.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #23  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I am wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger. It's titanium so I need to wait until I'm ready to resize and it will probably mess up my engraving small price to pay I guess.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #24  
Workin' It

Velveteen - can they even resize the titanium ring? We got a card with DH's that says it can never be resizes, but he can order a replacement with exchange for $30 or so.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

As I've lost weight, I've bought temporary rings. Right now, I'm wearing a individually handcrafted sterling silver ring with a green opal. Prior to this, I've worn various rings including one my mom gave me that didn't fit her (too small) but fit me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #26  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

My wedding band is so big that I can place it on my finger and my 4 year old daughter can slip her singer inside it along with mine! I am superstitious and do not want to get it resized because its what I got married with so until I either get over that or buy a new ring I just don't wear it

I still have some weight to lose so resizing doesn't make a lot of sense right now anyeays so at least I have that

As Ever
Me

Last edited by Botzz; 10-15-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote