Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #16  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Haha, I ♥ you
I ♥ you too!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #17  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

And as a side note, it shows my carb range for the past week as 202-249.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

I thin your right Rockin Robyn..it is just to come up with the meals and snack ideas.. I already do the yogurt n cheese thing.. but is always coupled with a carb of some sort.. which is not bad like I said I do not want to cut them out.. I think maybe what I need to do lie I mentioned before is use Sparkpeople to its full capacity and sit down and input the values of everything I am eating for carbs n proteins and not jsut the cals. and go from there...
and DCHound I am with you on the potatoes.. i enjoy them mashed but I can not remember the last time I had them.. and not because I am restricting myself to them but I have come to prefer sweet potatoes(yams) and since I started eating those I have not missed the reg. ol potato at all!
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #19  

Cotinga Thanks for the ideas! I will definately be trying some of those out! Good lucK to you too!!
Diva and Onederchic.. lol yea I agree with Diva..Onder you got it goin' on and to have done what you've done.. definately doin' something right! and for the record..I have decided that I am upping my supper time chicken to 4oz as well! lol
Thanks everyone so much for all of the input!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #20  
Resident Pixie

I think it's a good idea. Good luck
Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes - throw caution to the wind - 4oz it is!!! I on the other hand very often eat 5 oz. But that just may be too bold a step for you just now.

Oh and the yogurt, that's where my only grain-y carb goes. - Fiber One cereal. I put 1/4 cup in it. I eat this 2X a day.

Give yourself some time to get your menu down pat. It will evolve. Experiment. Let your creative juices flow. Broaden and expand that menu of yours. Tweak. Tweak. Tweak.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 364/337/160

Height: 5'4"

Cape, have you ever considered protein shakes? I am currently on the Nutrimed 420 diet prescribed by my Doctor. The ones I drink have about 28% of your daily protein per shake along with other nutrients...just thought I would throw that idea out there.
fluffykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #23  
Resident Pixie

I also have a protein drink everyday. I know it is not recommended by everyone but it is something that works for me.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #24  

SBD has great advice on good carb diets.Look at their forum.Great recipes also!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #25  

I do have The Biggest Loser Protein Shakes... I had stopped drinking them thinking maybe if I wasnt exercising(a the time) that it might cause me to gain weight .. i had read something at the time.. anyway..I know better now.. it is frustrating sticking with what you know and not believing everything that you read.. lol
Old 09-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #26  
Resident Pixie

I know how that is. I drove myself and my bf nuts by being stressed and confused over all the conflicting information on the net but now I am at a point where I realize that it is trial and error to find what works best for me and my body.

Last edited by Onederchic; 09-05-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #27  

Height: 5'3"

FYI: 100g of carbs per day is still considered "low-carb", just not "very low-carb". So, go ahead and eat lots of protein to keep you full and maintain/build muscle, but get in some healthy carbs (oats, sweet potatoes, quinoa, whole wheat bread, fruit, veggies, etc.). Also, dairy has carbs (low-fat plain yogurt, skim milk, etc.).

Good luck!

Last edited by rachinma; 09-05-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot someting
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
I am one of those who has vowed 'never to have a potato again' and I'm doing just fine without them.
Lol this is where we're all a little different because the thought of that makes me not want to live another day. But that's just me. I don't prefer donuts, or cakes, or pies, or pizza, or anything more than I prefer potatoes. Mashed, fried, roasted, baked, boiled, it doesn't matter - I want them! I used to have them with every meal and now I don't, that's the difference. But I still have them and I'm satisfied eventhough I can't have them all day every day. I'm all for low-carb but I'm dead set against "no carb." It's no way to live.

I don't count up my fats versus carbs versus proteins, but I have protein with every meal. Here are some typical meals I often have. Note that for dinner I usually don't eat a starch.

Breakfast - hard boiled egg wrapped in a slice of ham, 1 scrambled eggs with salsa, yogurt with honey and walnuts, pears with blue cheese or apples with parmesan.

Lunch - cold cut or tuna sandwich with whole wheat bread and fruit

Dinner - 5-6oz chicken breast and veggies, or 3 oz fish,

Legumes are an amazing source of protein, I have them at least twice a week and provide a meatless meal once in a while. Lentils, yankee beans, black beans, yellow split peas, they're all fantastic.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote