Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default TOM food attack!

Ugh...

To make a long story short, this is my second TOM in a month (my obgyn put me on hormonal treatment in order to help regular the severity of my TOM... it's had very good success so far, but my body's a bit out of whack trying to get to a normal cycle).

I just finished TOM and then the hormonal treatment last week Thursday before starting my cycle again a few days ago on Sunday. (*My obgyn said this would be normal/expected as my body "gets back on track.")

I have been doing great on smaller portions of french-style foods this past week and exercising. Then today, I had a bad TOM attack out of nowhere and ended up buying some of those DANG cream cheese pumpkin muffins at Starbucks.

The weird thing is this: after my TOM attack binge, I went back to my normal activities and didn't freak out too much about it. And I still went out for dinner to have a nice pita Greek sandwich with an apple & some dark bitter chocolate for dessert.

Usually, I'd be flipping out about this. I'd also be either starving myself for the rest of the day or I'd "punish" my bad behavior by eating crappy, low-cal food for the rest of the evening.

But all I could think about later tonight was the wonderful "Chicken au Champagne" dish I'm going to cook for myself and friends tmr evening with okra & broccoli on the side and a nice small dessert of Greek yogurt (I know, it's a Greek theme this weekend, lol ).

I was also thinking of that nice 3-4 mile walk I have planned for Saturday afternoon outside (if the weather is good).

It's nice to be improving in the "guilt over excess eating due to a craving or TOM food attack"!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 09-05-2009 at 01:28 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  

Occasional trips off the wagon are fine as long as they're few and far between!

I'm a little new to this forum but could you explain what TOM means?
Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #3  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Rocha - Time Of (the) Month
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote