Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #1  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default I have a question

Hi everyone, I am new to this, only been on here for 4 days. I have a question. I do not plan on weighing myself every day, I am going to start only weighing once a week. However, I have been getting on the scale this week every other day. My question is this, say I weighed a certain amount early in the morning, well lets say I got on the scale in the late after noon and it was a couple of pounds higher. Does that mean I gained 2 lbs in half a day? Or does it just mean because food and water are in my body and it just makes me heavier? Sorry if this is confusing.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #2  

That is typical daily fluctuation. It's water, food, waste etc. There is a sticky on the top of this forum about weight fluctuations. It explains EVERYTHING!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #3  
Now Or Never

Oh great, thanks so much
Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamama View Post
....Or does it just mean because food and water are in my body and it just makes me heavier? Sorry if this is confusing.
Exactly that . Throughout the day you're eating/drinking and your weight will fluctuate. It maybe even more next day depending on your food intake the previous day - more sodium, type of food you ate etc. So, in order to note your weight make sure the time/day etc is consistent. For example, if you decide to weigh Friday morning at 6 am...then keep doing it every Friday around 6 am in the same conditions. Now, it doesn't mean, say some friday you cannot weigh in the morning you cannot do it Saturday. You can...just to give you an idea. Hope this makes sense. Bottom line, if you decide to weight once a week and keep a journal, just make sure you weigh the same day every week and at same conditions. Be consistent
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #5  
Now Or Never

Got it, thanks so much.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/239/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Nope! I've gone up as much as 3lbs in a day, and I absolutely did not eat 3lbs of food--your body fluctuates throughout the day as a normal part of life. Absolutely nothing to worry about

Definitely only stick to a once per week weigh in though. I know some who will weigh themselves every day, and I wouldn't be able to handle it. I think I'm a touch OCD (I prefer CDO because the letters are in order...), and if I saw my weight going up and down so much, it would give me a heart attack. Once a week gives more of an average, and it's less emotionally exhausting!
Etudes is offline   Reply With Quote