Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post
The thing that scares me about reaching goal is how the **** am I going to maintain it this time. I truly believe that the hardest part is keeping it off once its all lost. I have embarked on a WL journey several times with my highest weight being 287 and my lowest in my adult life being in the 170's. I think I subconciously sabotage myself at times, esp when I see a loss on the scale.

I can totally relate to what you said. I also think I sabotage myself if I see that I lose weight, or if someone acknowledges my weight loss.
I wish I knew why I do that. I hate feeling afraid and fear is always present for me when it comes to weight loss. I lost an insane amount of weight in a very short time once before over 80lbs in less than 6 months. I gained it all back and more. Although I didn't gain it back in 6 months, within less than 2 yrs, I was heavier than I had ever been in my life. That was years ago and still my stomach knots up when I think about it.
I'm focusing on getting healthy now - not my weight ... at least that's what I am trying to do. I am very new to this again. I had given up. I allowed myself to be comfortable with the fact that, although I was fat I had stopped gaining. I'm actually not going to weigh myself for awhile.
Whatever mind games work for you I guess.

Last edited by time2Bme; 08-25-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: correct error
time2Bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I can see myself staying in weight loss mode until I disappear. I was told that I don't look like I need to lose another 25 pounds. To me, I could probably stand to lose another 50. What if my perspective is askew? What if I keep losing and I can't (mentally) stop?
THIS. This is what I've been dealing with lately. I have already surpassed my first "goal" weight, and I'm still so unsatisfied with my body.. I feel like I probably still have another 10 pounds to lose from my torso, 5 pounds from each leg, maybe 2-3 pounds from each arm. That's ~25 more pounds of excess fat! But losing that much would put me just under the healthy weight range for my height... Sure, it's just an estimation, and if I keep focusing on strength training I might see the results I want without so much weight loss.

But the fear is still there.
The fear of never being satisfied with myself.. It's really something I should work on now, I guess. Just being satisfied with where I am now, and not obsess so much on the fat I still want to lose.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote