Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #46  

Forgot to add:

I want my *** to look great in a pair of jeans!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #47  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
I want to be able to refrain from looking at any guy who calls me beautiful like he's crazy
+1
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Many reasons.

My kids think I'm beautiful now, but my oldest is 6 and I'm afraid he won't think that for much longer, unless I lose weight

I am tired of having anxiety over things b/c of my weight. Flying (fear of fitting in seat/seatbelt, and then when I do, barely, the discomfort). I used to LOVE traveling and now I dread it b/c I'm so heavy. Going to special events and finding a dress that fits ok. Seeing all my friends for our annual get together (of whom I am the fattest) and dreading being in pics with them. Having very, very few pics of me with my kids b/c I can't stand to be in photos.

Also, I just want to be healthier. I want to get off my CPAP and stop having to take meds for acid reflux.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #49  

My husband has always been pretty physically fit. I mean, he has a little bit of extra fat on his belly, but you can't tell unless he has his shirt off. So my motives are..

- I'm tired of weighing more than my husband who is a foot taller than me.

- I'm tired of being the "fat girl" married to that "hot dude".

....Okay I have two more confessions. My ten year high school reunion is coming up in a few years, and I wanna be skinny and hotness for that.

And I have a b*tch of a first cousin that always used to tease me for being over weight. Well, I saw her a few weeks ago and she has gotten a little pudgy herself. (Happy freaking dance! ) I'd love to waltz into where she works and weigh less than her
KatieBell28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies, I think I could type and type about this subject but most of all I want my old confidence back. I don't mean wearing short shorts and tank tops, because THAT will never happen...but I am an emergency department nurse and overweight, still wwwaaayyy overweight. Being healthy and at a healthy weight has a lot to do with my job. I'm getting there but I've a long road ahead of me still. Actually it's a long road as long as my life......hugs to everyone
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #51  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I'm both a scientist and a total geek, and we're not exactly known for being in the best physical shape... I don't want any of the stereotypes to apply to me! ....I also feel a little guilty that I know so much about biology/metabolism and still I put so much crap into my body.
I feel ya. Biologist here too.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #52  

Height: 6'1

Well other than to be healthier and the fact that I'm ultimately doing this for myself there are a few things that would be the icing on the cake.
1. I'm tired of being fatter than my boyfriend
2. Tired of being the largest of my friends. I hate looking at pictures of us all and I stick out like a sore thumb.
3. Lots of cute clothes in my closet and stores that I want to start wearing.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #53  
Formally Diva or Roni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
I guess like everyone, my biggest motive is to be a normal size and be healthy and happy, and able to live my life as I should be doing .. not drug down and inhibited by this weight.

I'm tired of "sitting out" on life because of my size and the embarrassment and feeling so self conscious about it.

And besides that? Yeah, I would love to be able to wear nice cute clothes again, that make me look stylish, and not 40 years older.
These are my reasons as well. I am tired of not having any current pictures of my for my family and friends because I REFUSE to allow my pic to be taken. I am tired of coming up with excuses to not want to go to the lake or Pool with my Man. I'm tired of wearing ugly, fat old lady clothes. I am tired of having to take meds to just to live everyday. I'm tired of being fat and always having it be an issue in the back of my head. I am tired of beating myself up when I see pics of my BFF's and they are all thin, toned, sun tanned, wearing bathing suits and tank tops and looking awesome at 40, and I am the fat one...I'm just plain sick of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdaymorning View Post
I want to look awesome. I want to wear sexy clothes and feel like a sex goddess. I want all the girls I used to know in high school to be jealous. I want both of the girls I used to be best friends with drop dead when they see how wonderful I look. It's true. And I'm a little ashamed.

But of course health has a lot to do with it, too. That's no lie at all. And I really do want to be able to bike and hike and all that fun stuff.
I want to be a Sex Goddess again too, and not find excuses to NOT do it. I see other woman my age(42) still enjoying sex and having fun with it. I see it as a chore and we always have to be in the pitch black. I'm sick of that. I used to have it going on in that dept. Now I am lucky to get it 3 times a year. Sad but true, and it's not him...it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiewyn View Post
Forgot to add:

I want my *** to look great in a pair of jeans!
WORD! Me too!
Diva0467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #54  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't want to waste being young and pretty on being fat .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
I'm tired of "sitting out" on life because of my size and the embarrassment and feeling so self conscious about it.
I wouldn't consider this an ulterior motive. For me it's a primary motive; it's important that I start living my life the way I want and not be held back by being too big or too out of shape!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-06-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.mccoy View Post
I just want to my daughter to be proud of me. She has been teased because of my weight. She says that it doesn't bother her but I know that it does. She just doesnt want to hurt my feelings. Bless her little heart.

I can relate to that one. My girls aren't too bothered about it, but I think they would prefer if I could be more active with them.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #57  

I want to be able to go to second hand stores and buy "new to me" clothes. There's not much in my size, but there's so many cute clothes in smaller sizes. I would be so happy if I could wear a normal size L.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
I want to be able to go to second hand stores and buy "new to me" clothes. There's not much in my size, but there's so many cute clothes in smaller sizes. I would be so happy if I could wear a normal size L.
Amen! All my friends shop at second hand stores and get awesome cheap stuff and they ask me why I spend so much on clothes. It sucks
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Great question!

I've always been an "appearance" type person, so a lot of it is that, but I got teased a lot in high school after my friends, some of whom were the "popular kids" decided to hate me because of this popular guy I was kind of seeing dumped me for someone "hotter and thinner". I would like to waltz into my high school reunion successful, hot, and thin, and be like, "Wow, you really let yourself go" to the guy (I've seen recent pictures. Not a pretty thing). I suppose revenge isn't the greatest motive, but it's a nice bonus.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #60  
SexyInNC

S/C/G: 147/136.2/119

Height: 4'11

Well Im joining the military its my main reason, but deep down I wanna be someones awesome trophy wife. Noone is even going to give me a second glance being a fat mom of 2. Not to be cocky but I have a GREAT PERSONALITY....but I might miss a great man because he dont even give me a second glance cuz of baby tummy....know what I mean?
SexyInNC is offline   Reply With Quote