Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

260 cs is .07 lb equivalent. You see? you will probably naturally make it up through the rest of the week.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #17  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
I don't think it is a mistake. I think you could afford 260 cs. And it was a special occasion. Do you eat out often? I would have ate the fries too. Better that than obsessing over every fry I see for the next week until I lose it and end up at Mcdonald's with a supersizer.
Oops, sorry. I get myself in trouble when I call indulging in junk food a mistake. Of course eating french fries is totally acceptable on a weight loss journey.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #18  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

I have only been on my diet for 5 weeks and I've gone off plan a handful of times. I've still lost almost 16lbs. So no biggie, hon! Would I make a habit of it? No. But eating a few french fries this once will NOT affect your progress. And don't let it discourage you. If I would have gotten mad and given up after the first slip up, I would only have lost 5 lbs.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #19  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

I don't eat out too too often, we enjoy going to Wildflower where I can get my veggie sandwich and subway - mmm veggie delight, mostly around 300 calories when I eat those.

Today I'm going to pick up where I left off, just kind of procrastinating on my workout XD

Thanks for all the "pick-me-ups" guys, I needed it today. I think I'll do my shred in a few minutes.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #20  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
One thing I have learned here at 3FC is that EVERYONE makes mistakes. (Even skinny maintainers who have lost bunches of weight.) The difference in them and the difference in the old me was that one basket of French Fries would have meant the END of my "diet". It would have meant giving up...thinking of myself as a failure, and thinking I deserved to be fat because I didn't resist...THE END.

WONDERFUL NEWS... It does not mean any of those things. It means I have to keep going and try harder to keep myself out of the situations I'm prone to I screw up in. It's not over, it's not the end, it's a BUMP in the road....(One you hit on purpose, but never the less a bump).

Take back the control NOW. You have done fabulous in your journey so far, don't give up. PLEASE. You are a winner....now WIN!
This.

Whether "Junk food" is a mistake is an open question. What I consider a mistake is mindless eating that I don't plan on and do without thinking. There's a difference, IMO, between deciding I'm going to get a burger and fries, working into my calories (or even deciding an event is special enough to me to NOT work them in all the way), and enjoying them, as opposed to planning NOT to, seeing them there, and eating them without having a plan. Doing the SECOND is what makes me feel like I lost control, and from the OP, I'm guessing that's what you were feeling too.

But Lori is absolutely right...there's no reason to do anything but learn from it, get back on plan, and keep trucking ahead. It's a blip, it's a minor event, and it's something that happens to everyone. What doesn't happen to everyone is getting right back on track, and that, IMO, is what separates successful long term losers/maintainers from those who struggle more.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote