Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #1  
sugar is the devil

Default Need Ideas for Lunch/Supper for Houseboating Trip!

I'm going on a 4 day Houseboating trip in a couple of weeks here.

Right now, there is 12 of us going, and we are in the middle of discussing what to do for meals!

I'm prob the only one really watching my weight/diet (the majority of travelers are men who are into the junk food!!!).

I'm looking for some ideas what to eat for lunches and suppers... that are somewhat healthy and that maybe can "trick" the guys so they don't know that it's an healthier option.

Any ideas out there????
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

Turkey and chicken smokies instead of pork are just as yummy and half the calories and fat. I just had some that were Tequila Habanero flavor, in whole wheat buns. Yum! And my husband also loved them...
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #3  

Since my wife and I live on a houseboat, we make a lot of use of the BBQ on board. It allows use to cook just about anything, and ther's nothing better than that BBQ flavor.

One of my favorites has to be corn-on-the-cob. She cooks it on the BBQ, and it's so simple. She leaves the husk on the corn, and wet the corns in water. She than cooks it for @ 20 minutes on the BBQ.

It has to be soon of the tasty corn on the cob around anywhere.

Try it and let us know.

IAN from all-about-houseboats.com
All about Houseboats is offline   Reply With Quote