Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #31  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I think about what motivates me to do a lot of things in my life and I wonder sometimes what people mean when they say "what is the REAL reason?" For pretty much anything I do, I can come up with a half dozen reasons and not all of them are entirely noble. So I don't think about it too much. I just enjoy the changes I've seen in my looooonnnnng weight loss journey.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #32  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing it for myself
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/265/190

Height: 5'2andahalf"

My inspiration is LIFE! I want to live life, and enjoy it. I also want to fully be able to enjoy, and be there for my husband and my daughter. And also, ya know, I'd LOVE to shop in the 'skinny girls' department!
SarahJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

My motivations and inspirations are definitely not noble and I'm definitely not proud of them. I wish I could say I'm doing it for my health or my family but the truth is I want to look good in clothes. When I think about eating something that's not on plan, I think about my jeans and the cute tops hanging in my closet and the cute gym clothes that I love to wear when I'm working out and that keeps me going. I used to feel bad about not having altruistic reasons for losing weight but that didn't help matters at all. So I let myself be motivated by what really works, even though I'm not proud of it.

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #35  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiMama View Post
My motivations and inspirations are definitely not noble and I'm definitely not proud of them. I wish I could say I'm doing it for my health or my family but the truth is I want to look good in clothes. When I think about eating something that's not on plan, I think about my jeans and the cute tops hanging in my closet and the cute gym clothes that I love to wear when I'm working out and that keeps me going. I used to feel bad about not having altruistic reasons for losing weight but that didn't help matters at all. So I let myself be motivated by what really works, even though I'm not proud of it.

Pam
As long as it works for you and will keep you on plan, then that's fine! My motivation is my kids. I remember one year I couldn't take them trick or treating because I knew I couldn't walk those blocks. It was just not possible. Also my daughter didn't want me to get out of the car when I picked her up from school because she was ashamed not to mention that the walk which was just a couple of yards, had me sweaty and my heart racing. I also was tired of going to plus sized stores and finding that I couldn't wear those clothes! Hello I was too big for the plus sized dresses and skirts. I knew that I had hit rock bottom then. I was tired of not being able to get up off of the sofa without help and not playing with my kids when I took them to the park. I broke a toilet seat once at home and I then was relegated to squatting over the seat so I wouldn't break it again. My boyfriend was so understanding but I was beyond mortified and embarassed. I was tired of being that fat mom that would just sit like a bump on a log and not move because my feet hurt and I was just tired. I was tired of being miserable and wanting to break down all the time. I was just tired of so much. It ruined my relationship with my boyfriend (no doubt) and although I love my husband very much I also thought my boyfriend was the one. We had so much in common and he was the best looking guy I had ever been with. He was never ashamed of me being so much bigger than he is and I always will appreciate that even when his co workers gave him grief about being with a "big girl". He would just shrug his shoulders and say so what? Anyway I was tired of my life in general and it stopped me from being the best that I could be. I was also tired of my health just being in the toilet. No circulation and painful joints were the worst. I thank God every day that he gave me the ephipany to see that I was slowly killing myself and that I woke up and made those changes in time.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #36  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

WOW!! This post was not intended to be commented on I was just like to said feeling sorry for myself and laying in selfpity. This post has really helped me and I see that is has helped all you! I thank you for the post and the continued post. I have seen the reasons and whys' everyone has decided to lose weight and I see somethings in yall's post on why i want to lose weight. Thank you for the support and motivation, KEEP up the GOOD Work and REACH those GOALS!!!
Crystal
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

So I can live the life I want to live.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #38  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

ROFLMAO on the fat sex thing!!!