Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #16  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I am 100% with Lisa!! In our many roles as women (wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, etc.), we are socialized to put others' needs before ours. To that I have to JUST SAY NO!! I put myself first, meaning I made my health my #1 priority, two years ago and I've lost almost 70 pounds. This was NOT magic-- it was predominantly from meal planning and *more importantly* following through on that plan, along with working out. You can do it too!! The bottom line that really made it *click* with me was that I am not being the best sister, daughter, and friend by not being my BEST SELF. This is true for all of us!! Decide that you are worth it, and get after it, girl!!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #17  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

To be through w/this battle of weight
To be able to wear whatever I want
To have more selfconfidence
To be healthy
To be the best I can
To look the best I can
To be stronger than the temptation of food
To look in the mirror&like what I see
To not hear comments&remarks about my weight
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #18  

Cute clothes
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 3"

My hubby lost a bunch of weight and I don't feel like I measure up to him in the looks dept anymore. It is doing crazy things to my self confidence. That is one of the main reasons for me to undergo this. I know it sounds competitive. But my hubby is completely supportive of my efforts.
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #20  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I'm doing it because I'm fed up with NOT feeling good/healthy/fit/confident/sexy/hot/cute.

I want all those things and I WILL have them.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I agree with you Lisa. For once in my life, "its all about me!" Someone made me realize that I put myself "on the back burner" so to speak and I needed to put myself on the front and on high! lol.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/200/145

Height: 5'7"

I want to lose weight because I know what I look like at 160 lbs. And I have to say it was pretty smokin! I loved being able to shop at Old Navy or Abercrombie and know that I could actually wear stuff there and look decent, not stuffed into the dang clothes. I took a pic the other day and it was horrible. I looked like I was wearing one of those ring floaties under my shirt. Just perfectly round between my chest and my hips.

My husband loves me the way I am but I know he would like it if I lost weight. I want my husband to be proud of me. To want to show me off. I want my son to be proud of me too. Not ashamed because his friends say stuff about my weight. Kids can be so mean and I don't want him to pay the price for that. He has enough to take care of without adding that.

And last, I want to be healthy. Not in an "OMG she's freakishly muscular and anorexic!" kind of way but not tired all the time decent food and active.

Different stokes for different folks ya'll. Don't stress over the whys. Just know that ultimately, it affects no one more than you so do what is best FOR YOU. Not mom, dad, b/f, husband, kid, sister, fido, or doctor. Just you, quirks and all.
sexybak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

SexyBak -- I understand how you feel. I know what I look like at 170 and I was pretty "smokin' hot" too. Now would I want to look like that again? HECK YES! Will I? I dunno but I am sure gonna try my hardest!!!! lol.

I wish you Luck and I know you can do it!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #24  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

for me i want to be able to fit into smaller and cute clothing. and i want to get a spouse. i feel as though when i do meet someone i will be more confident in myself if i am thinner.

and to overall feel better in my body. when i had gotten down to a 14/16 i felt great. but now that im back at a 18/20 i feel horrible. my stomach feels like a big bubble in front of me and i feel always bloated.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

It`s got to be clothes for me! I love fashion and would be able to buy anything rather than thinking: "That`s great but not on a woman like me!"
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #26  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

I want to lose this weight more than anything first and foremost so I can stop talking about losing weight. My God, I've been going on about losing weight since I was 13 years old and here I am at 43 and fatter than I've ever been. It's ridiculous!

I want the imagine I have in my head to fit the reality.
I want to look sexy in Victoria Secret clothes
I want to be healthy and not be diabetic like my mother and others in my family are.
I want to be able to do things outside like hiking, biking, and swimming
I want to tuck a shirt in, wear something sleeveless, actually go out in public wearing shorts, put on a swimsuit, sexy lingerie, high heels, etc!
I want to be naked while not sucking my stomach in. As if that helps anyway.
I want family and friends to be wowed by my hotness.

Finally, I want to do this for the love of my life, Joe. Joe has accepted me, loved me, encouraged me, and believed in me. All he asked when we got together three years ago was that I get fit and healthy so we can live a long life together. I HAVE to make that happen for him!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #27  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing it for me.
For 2 reasons:
1) I want to be more comfortable in my skin. I've always been overweight but never really had long lasting body image issues (it would only hit me at the beach for example). But i've felt myself let go recently and constantly having to pull my shirt down when I sit down to make sure all my fat rolls are covered so I kind of went "WAIT A MINUTE... this is getting out of hand" ok, ok I'm rambling.. bottom line: I want to feel like i can move freely in my body
2) My health. It's embarrassing to walk up the stairs at school with classmates and feel out of breath after one floor! I want to be healthy.

If my bf likes it, it's even better but the only person who will make me lose weight is me so the only person i could do this for is me.

Good luck!!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #28  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I want to buy whatever clothes I want from whatever store.

I'm not having anymore fat sex.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/200/145

OMG! ROFL! FAT SEX! HAHHAAA!!!!...Wait...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is soooo freaking true! I hate to jiggle and that is prime jiggle time.
sexybak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'4

-I want to fit into all the new clothes that I bought before I got pregnant last year.
- I've been consistently gaining weight (close to 30lbs!) since my daughter was born in September. Since I'm home all day I tend to eat all day out of boredom. I don't want to gain anymore!
-I want my daughter to look at me as an example of good health as she grows up. My mother was always on a diet it seemed so I have always been very conscious of my weight. Even going through a period in high school were I would barely eat. I don't want my daughter to be preoccupied about her weight when she's growing up because it's no fun.
- I want to be hot!
OperationNewRegime is offline   Reply With Quote