Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #16  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

My BF has always been fit - but he's a yoga string bean. We work out together now that I've gotten serious and committed to my health. So our little challenge: He's working to lift more weight, and I'm losing...so we're going to meet in the middle and dadgum it - he's going to pick me up and carry me around before the year is out!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 311/285.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Buying clothes I like instead of clothes that fit.

Not being ashamed to have my picture taken.
Qualera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

I'm just looking forward to putting on a pair of short jean shorts and a tight black singlet...and walking/sitting/running/slouching....whatever in them..and not feeling uncomfortable, and like there are wobbly bits hanging out everywhere!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm looking forward to weighing less than my boyfriend, and believing him when he tells me I look good. Also just feeling comfortable in clothes again. There are so many things in my closet that I would never wear right now, but soon they will all be available to me again.
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Believe it or not...I want to sky dive! You have to be less then 200 pounds for a tandem jump. That will be one of the first things I do at goal!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I am looking forward to wear dresses, skirts and shorts. I don't wear any of those now because my thighs rub together and it's so uncomfortable. i really can't wait to wear dresses.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #22  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDiva View Post
When I hit my goal I want to go SCUBA diving so badly! Right now I would be too mortified to get in a swimsuit and all that gear and I am nowhere near being in good enough shape to do it.
Why wait -- why not start the process now? Or, soon? People of all shapes and sizes and ages go diving!! It's true that a certain level of fitness is needed. I got certified way back in 1987 or so (showing my age!!), but I don't remember that the physical demands were TOO strenuous. You do have to be able to lift a 40 pound scuba tank and wear it on your back, but you can get assistance with that. You need to be able to climb into a dive boat using a ladder. You generally take off your BC (buoyancy control vest)/tank and weight belt and hand them up to the boat, so you just have to get yourself up the ladder, not you and the tank too. Getting off the boat is a lot easier. You have to be able to demonstrate some level of swimming proficiency -- I can't remember how far, maybe 200 yards? We did it in the pool; I remember I swam it entirely by side stroke because I wasn't proficient at the crawl stroke and I was dead last but all that counted was that I did it.

Diving is WAY cool! Why not check into the requirements now and start working toward that? You could talk to someone at a local dive shop about what you need to do. Why put life on hold because you aren't at the magic weight yet. If you need to improve your fitness level, you can work on that, and go for it when you're physically ready, no matter what your weight is.

Last edited by MBN; 05-22-2009 at 08:57 AM.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #23  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Learning to ball room dance.
Take some really tasteful nude photos.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #24  
Just call me Lani ;)

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualera View Post
Buying clothes I like instead of clothes that fit.

Not being ashamed to have my picture taken.
I hear you there!
I'm so looking forward to going shopping and not having to hunt at the back of the rails for those elusive size 18's.
Oh - and also not being embarrassed to ask "do you have these in the next size up?" because the next size up won't be considered "outsized".

Mahina Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #25  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

No having to carry a metal folding chair in my car so I am sure there will be a seat for me to sit in when we go to someone else's house.

Running and playing with my boys.

Riding a bike outside instead of the stationary one inside!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 298/170

Height: 5'5"

There are so many things I want to do!!! I don't do alot of things now because of my weight.

-having professional studio pics taken of my son and I (I have some but don't like how I look in them but wanted my son to have some pics of his mommy)
-swimming (my son loves fort rapids and places like that)
-horseback riding (i always feel sorry for the horse and I am over the weight limit)
-being able to wear a great pair of high heels
-riding rollercoasters

I am sure I will come up with alot more as I go along.....
jamiec0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

I can't wait to get lots of hot clothes and look hot in them! That's one of my #1 motivations.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #28  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I simply want to put on a classic white tank top, a pair of low rider jeans and some flip flops and feel totally confident, that I am totally rockin' those flip flops! Just want my sexy back!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote