Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I really needed to read this thread.
I've slowly gotten off the path because of some bad choices and my weight is slowly creepign back up.
I do feel that this time things are different for me tho. I know this time that I do have a choice. It's a journey, it's ok to fall off the track, it's not ok to stay there and wallow in self pity and woe is me, I'm just no good, I'm a failure. (I'm saying this about other things in mylife also, still learning in those areas, tho).
There are things I know that is best for me not to eat, not only becuase I'll cave but becuase they aren't healthy-for me.
I need to refocus on what my goals are.
Thanks for the advice, encouragement in this thread. I love comign on here and reading of the successes adn the "losses".
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #17  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
I agree with Glory 100%. Sometimes I will even tell myself outloud "I control my next choice." I get back on plan immmediately.
I know this is what I SHOULD do but I don't always!! Having cheated once, the compulsion to say "Oh sod it!" and have another cookie is very strong at times.

I try not to though - and if I feel the need to eat something anyway, I try to make it a heathy choice. Easy at my house as all I have are healthy choices - much harder at my bfs - I have been known to raid his chocolate cupboard before now.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

As Patty H has stated very well ... oh poor me is an interesting concept, either in life-in-general or just weight loss. Especially when you consider what we are willing to do for (or to) poor old me.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #19  
... fabulous!

Just smile and keep your head high!! Learn from these 'mistakes' if you consider them mistakes. I rarely do. If I get all call to go out for some yummy but calorie rich Spanish food I think to myself, "What have I eaten today?", "Can I afford the calories?", or more often "Do I have time tonight to spend an extra hour or so on cardio to burn those off?"... if I can't, I'll still go and then cut out a few extra calories in the following days. Is this the right way? I have no idea. But it's worked.

I'm a calorie counter... calorie in-calorie out. Aim for a deficit. Watch the scale drop.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote