Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #16  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Beerab – As long as your health is in line, that’s all that matters! The 30DS will kick your butt, but it is SO worth it. It makes me hurt worse then any time I visit the gym. A good hurt. :P

CandyKisses0204 – Aw! I am glad I could be your inspiration today! And yes, you CAN get back! We all can do this.

ronni62 – Yeah. My first couple of months were just trial & error. I found the right calorie intake for me and I found what foods that I enjoy that are healthy. I, too, use to do restrictive dieting (less than 1000 calories a day). Now I am doing it the right way and I am making it suitable for life. If I want a piece of chocolate, sure! I’ll make room for it instead of eating the whole candy bar and saying “I’ll start over tomorrow”. I can’t tell myself I’ll never eat bad food again, because I can’t make those promises. But I can promise myself I will eat it in moderation.

AngelMae – Good job! I am starting to enjoy exercise instead of dreading it. It helps.

Nixie – Take some time and write down all the reasons why you want to do this. For health, for vanity, etc. It is an eye opener. That’s what I did. And I really want those things, so I am kicking my butt to get them!

Munchievictim - It is worth the struggle. We just have to find what works for us and conquer our demons. I use to be a really big binge/emotional eater. I am working on fixing that. I wish you luck!

mermaid20 – Why wait? Start tomorrow!

Amber1011 – You can do this, girl!

Cfmama – You’re an inspiration! I hope to (one day) be OP as many days as you.

Mom2QJandT – That’s a good way to put it. I know that if I have a bad day, I’ll want to be bad the following day. If I have good days, I’ll have a good day the next day. It’s just that one bad day can ruin everything.

Daydreamer – The wagon is over here! I’ll hold it for ya. :P

DCHound - As long as you found your way back, that's what matters.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 02-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll View Post
From September to about the beginning of December, I went from 246 to 219. But after the holidays, I was stuck between 220 - 225, leaving the 210s behind, and even further from ONDERLAND. ... The lowest I hit was 219 so seeing 216 is just...so motivating.
omg that is basically my story too... except I have been lingered in the 220's longer and now I'm back to the 230's! uggh! From last July to Sept I lost the same weight 245.2 down to 219. Then it stopped I got complacent, I guess I lost my focus. By Christmas I think I was up to 224 gained a couple lbs each month and now back up even more. I feel like everyday passes by and I do nothing. I'm getting so sick of it I just need to do it. I think I'll take your advice and write it all down tomorrow (when I wake up later today actually). All the reasons I want it and not hold back. I have to do this! And by looking at your ticker it looks like your making some progress since this posting too! Almost to Onderland! And for me to be able to see that number again 219! and then to get past it 216 and my own min-goal of 213, I know I can do it! I did it already and I can get back on track! That gives me inspiration, in 3 months from now, I can either be fatter or just as fat as I am now, or I can be 10, 15, 20 or more pounds lighter and fitter! I have to jump back on the wagon! Today is the day! Well after I go to sleep & wake up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2QJandT View Post
I find that ONE good day breeds one more good day and so on and so forth. On the flip side, ONE bad day breeds one more bad day and so on and so forth. I think sometimes the trick is to get through that first good day. I have literally been at this for years now. I go through phases of really good, not so good, and downright horrid. But I still find that if I am on a bad track one good day can at least get me headed in the right direction. Sometimes, it's just one decision that gets me in the right direction. I'm on a good swing right now, but it followed one of the worst I've had in a long time. It's one day at a time and I can only control the choices I make today.
This is so true... I did really well last Sun, Mon & Tues. Then I let a couple bad days turn into a bad week. But I still can salvage the rest of this week! I just need to make tomorrow a good day and then focus on one day at a time. My goal is to get to 14 good days! And my reward is to just be able to look back and be happy that I did it! And maybe a new CD or book or something non-food related!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you this is just what I needed! I came here depressed and hopeless and now I feel like I've been taken by the shoulders and turned right back around!!! Back to being a healthier, happier me!

Last edited by Platinum; 05-12-2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: more typing.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #18  

Hello

Thanks for your wonderful advise. I've been reading a lot from this thread. I myself is also looking for tips on how to stay fit especially now that I will be assigned permanently to work in the night shift.. Yeah I know that is sad. But a job is a job.

Thanks
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #19  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Have you felt like you were NEVER going to get back on the wagon? And what did you do to push yourself to finally do it?
Yes, from July 4th-ish 2003 until August 13, 2008. Five years, one month, one week. The first date is when I succumbed to the depression and went off Atkins with a vengeance, gaining over 100 lbs in less than 6 months...the second date is how long it took me to work through the depression and get back on the wagon.

I was actually thinking about this last night for some reason. I asked myself, back in 2004-5-6-7-8, did I ever think I'd lose the weight again? Somehow, no matter how bad things got, I do think there was always a tiny spark inside me that held out a single drop of hope that I could do it again. Just one drop. I never let go of it.

And here I am. So, yes, I felt like I would never get back on the wagon for over five years. I finally was able to do it when I worked through all my emotional issues (over two decades worth) and when I finally realized I was depressed, and started doing something about it. The catalyst to get me back on was being invited to be the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding, and not wanting to do that wearing a size 32. But that was just the spark ~ the readiness to get back on Atkins was already there, marinating.

This is kind of funny ~ my friend who got married in November has been a solid size 14 most of the time I've known her. Not fat, not thin, just on the heavier side of average, but not noticeably overweight. Since getting married, she's succumbed to some of her hubby's eating habits and now is a 14/16 ~ I'm an 18 who can juuuuust squeeze into some 16s ~ and a couple weeks ago she told me she was going on a healthier diet because she's afraid she's going to outgrow her clothes just as I'm getting too small for them . . . it was funny.

Last edited by DCHound; 05-12-2009 at 10:37 AM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

WormwoodDoll,

You already know that I know what that's like! You are one of the reasons that I stared again in April after falling off the wagon a bit in March! It's just weird how one day onederland seems within reach, and the next day (even when my weight hasn't changed) it seems like there is no way I'll ever get there. It's all mental, I guess. Two weeks ago I felt so discouraged, and I just kept going, but it seemed hopeless, I don't know why. Now I'm finally at 222 and I CANNOT WAIT until I see the teens. I know I will cry. And I don't know what I'll do when I see onederland. Someone is going to have to pick me up off of the floor.

By the way, you are doing an AWESOME JOB!!!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

i just picked myself up this morning...and put me back on the treadmill.

i was doing good for about 2 weeks. and then fell. don't even know why, went out of town for two days, ate really well there, and walked and ran outside. came home, didn't go to the gym and had all the comfort food i know is bad for me. was back up to 210 this morning. and felt like staying in bed...

BUT - went to the gym, walked for 30min, 2 miles, and feel so much better now. exercise is the key for me.
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote