Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 11:23 AM   #16  

Good morning gals. I wasn't planning on being home this morning. I ended up not being needed at work until this afternoon. Had I known that, I would have worked all day yesterday, and gotten the holiday pay. I'll be able to work an extra shift this weekend, so I really won't lose anything. It's nice enough outside today that I really don't mind. I think it's going to be a little cooler this weekend anyway.

My mom came back yesterday. She's already driving me nuts. I guess that's what mom's do though. I think she's going to start looking for her own apartment. Yeah!

Tobey- Oh gosh, without hot water! I have gone with a boil order, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine. One day I didn't have water, and had to stop at the gym to shower before work, I didn't even work out! My ears are still ringing, but not as badly. I'm not so sure about the juicer. I kind-of like the crunch of fresh produce, to kill my munchies!

Marlana- Congrats on your 3 lb loss. That's wonderful. I was the same this week. Fine with me. Slow but sure. I should be at my goal by late fall at this pace! It looks like a couple of my flowers didn't transplant, so I may have to get more. Oh well. I slipped up yesterday, a patient gave us cookie bars, and they were yummy. I tried a few. I didn't hear about the barge accident. That is just terrible.

Sally- Wow! Good to hear from you! Disneyworld sounds like fun. Your girls have to be out of their skin jumping to go. Sounds like your ex is getting just what he deserves. Good for you!

Skeeter- Sounds like you had some nice plans for the weekend. I worked. Ugh. Cher does Elvis in concert too. Very good. She puts on a great show. Even though the tickets are $70 each, I think I'm going to see her again. How was salt water fishing? Those strange fish sound a little intimidating to me! But in the shade, wonderful.

Jojo- I hope you had a good weekend!

I guess that's about it. I need to get my butt in gear this morning. Couple things I want to get done before work at 3!

Jen
Old 05-28-2002, 05:22 PM   #17  

Hello. I'm just here for a really short post. It is thundering and lightening in the area so I need to shut down. I'll come back later to post to you all unless I get to comfy and not get back on the puter. If that happens, I'll post tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:13 AM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Got to make this pretty fast. I'm meeting myself coming and going the last two weeks. Finally the carpet man is coming today. I've got to go to both Wagoner and Tahlequah today, and get back in time for the carpet layer. I've got laundry to do and I've got to get the bed down and out of the room. Then after the carpet is down it's try to get it all back into the room before his bed time. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm run ragged.

Jo Jo~~Glad you could pop in between the lighting and thunder. See ya later.

Jen~~If we get any more rain here we will float away. It's cold still too. Now wait a min. here, I'm a mom and I don't bother my kids at all. I leave them a lone and want them to leave me a lone too. Of course my daughter don't talk to me again and I don't see my son too much. They want me to cook for them every week end, (6 kids) but somehow I just don't want to do that, and we never get invited to their house to eat. I'm not here just to be used. I'm a cranky old mother. All kidding a side...I know it's hard to have someone else in your house with you. I hope I never have a need to live with anyone else. That is a very good reason to lose weight isn't it???

Tobey~~Girl how long have you been married??? Your husband and yourself is always going on some romantic picnic somewhere. I can't even get mine to set under a tree with me and drink a cup of coffee, Or even on the sun porch. You better enjoy this while you got it. Well you know what they say, you don't miss the water until the well runs dry...in your case hot water. Hot water is hard to get a long with out. I added a couple of things to the little girl pictures for an attachment.
I redone Tobeys picture to fit us. We all look great don't we. No reason for choosing any one particular girl for us...except I like long hair and her legs were fatter. Have a great day.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:21 PM   #19  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well I bet you never thought you’d hear from me again, fooled ya! I think the last time I posted was sometime in February or March, anyway things went south then, just too many pans in the fire as they say and something had to give. I hated that it was you all, but you were not alone I gave up some other ‘projects’ as well. The really good news is that I’ve maintained my weight and as of last Friday I’m back OP going to a new meeting and looking to break this plateau! I have lost the same five pounds and gained them back and lost again since last we talked, but that is OK as before I’d have gained most if not all of it back by now.

Mom is all settled, and actually enjoying herself, at Sudley Manor, the Assisted Living Facility, we’ve held the estate sale and sold the house in mid-April. I’ve been looking for a new job, as you will recall due to the merger, my last day here will be July 31st. I had an interview for a position within the company in a Department that is staying in Richmond and should know one way or another by this Friday, keep your fingers crossed for me. I’ve not had any luck getting an interview outside the company but I’m working on that.

Well, just wanted to touch base and let you all know I’m alive and well and will be visiting you all more often.

Love to all…

Marybeth
241/185/160
Old 05-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #20  

Hi Everyone;

Well, I got to comfy last night and never did get back on the puter after the weather cleared up. Last I heard this morning we are supposed to have storms tonight but it doesn't look like anything right now.

I tell you, its pretty scary right now being a state employee when the guv is trying to lay off 6500 lower level employees. I had trouble sleeping last night trying to think what we'd do if I got layed off. I'd have to draw out my retirement money to pay off bills and live on till I got another job. DH is having trouble with his job because of his wrist. He can't do alot of the work they want him to do so he's not getting much work in and may end up losing this job if he can't do the work. The Dr just says it takes time for a sprain to heal. Its just to much to think about.

I've not heard if the state budget has been passed yet but I'm hopeful that the legislature will come up with something better than the governor has. He has a vendeta against the union because the union has been fighting him to the point of going to court against him. And when the guv makes a comment about the union, he makes it sound as if its all the unions fault. Its not the unions fault that the state economy is as bad as it is. But he is going to make us pay for it and thats not right. Grrrr!!! I'll shut up cause I just get furious when I talk about it.

Marybeth, gosh its good to see you here again. We all know how we get to many pans in the fire. You've done good with your weight if its the same 5lbs. Least you didn't gain more. I am working on getting a plan going and I'm sort of being careful what I eat. But I'm still scared to get on the scale.

Marlana, I'm still fighting depression. Just to much stress right now and I'm getting a little tired of keeping my mouth shut at work. I said a few helpful things (a way of doing something easier than the way they were doing it) to a couple co-workers and of course, they both made snide little comments that I couldn't quite hear. Mind you, these two talk about each other all the time so as much as they try to come off as being friends, they arent. If there was a job out there that I could transfer into, I think I would but there is a hiring freeze right now so I'm stuck. The other two, I'm praying the early retirement package passes cause one will take it and the other, well she's still trying to look for a "real" job. (her words, not mine) Oh man, I've got to shut up, I just needed to vent. From now on, I don't care if I have an easy way of doing something and it takes them two days to do it themselves, they can do it their way, I aint saying a word. How are you doing, by the way?

Jen, you done with your yard yet???? Mine is still waiting....and waiting. Hopefully your mom will find her own place soon. For awhile, I thought I would need to bring my mom to my home for awhile and it worried me so bad because my mom and I were fine living apart but not together. I'd of done it but it would of been really hard. My mom fought having to do that cause she liked living alone.

Tobey, I was just thinking that last weekend was the dryest weekend we've had in weeks. I think we got a little rain but not much. And its been really pretty out this week so far and its making me want to get out and plant some flowers. SHHHH, don't tell Jen I said that cause she said she'd come do my yard when she was finished. I'll save her something. What is this rowing you are doing? I must of missed out when you first told us about it. Do you have hot water yet? Oh, I'd hate that to. Its awful having to go to someone elses house to take a shower.

Sally, I am so glad to hear your ex is not making a good impression with the judge. I kinda figured that would happen. Its to bad the judge couldn't order him to get a job and pay support. Either a job or jail. That sounds like a good idea to me.

Skeeter, I am waiting on a new 35mm camera for dh for our anniversary next month. It should be here by next Monday. He was wanting one with a zoom on it cause he's wanting to maybe take some nature pictures. So thats what he's getting. I'm not asking for anything cause I got that ring I wanted.

Well, I'd better get off here now and figure something out for supper. Take care everyone.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:19 PM   #21  

Thought I'd get in here and check in. I'm doing another one of my 12 hr day shifts tomorrow. I was off today, can't really figure out what I did all day, but it was nice. They keep saying it's supposed to storm, and I'm still waiting. I finally decided to go out and water my flowers in the pots. Now it'll rain for sure. Almost as accurate as washing the car!

I had a talk with my boss yesterday about my hours. I think I need to rearrange my hours so that I get more days off to work somewhere else part-time. I think I confused her and she just told me to work it out with the nurse who does the schedule. So basically, I do my own schedule now. Hmmm, not a bad deal. We also got another unscheduled raise to be competitive with other hospitals. Thanks to the nursing shortage! I also got a call last week from someone at the community college about the teaching job I applied for. I was in the shower, so she left a message. Now I've left her 2 messages in the last week and I'm beginning to wonder if she will call me back. She's out of her office for the summer (the number she left me) and checks her voice mail once a week. I guess I just have to wait for now.

Jojo- What a mess the government is in. Maybe you should go to nursing school! In 2 yrs you could have a job that you could work 100hrs a week and full benefits. I suppose I'm very lucky with my career choice. No, I'm not done with my yard yet. I have a whole section that needs some work in the back. It's going to be a big project. I saw what you told Tobey!!! I'll let you plant a few flowers of your own.

Marybeth- Hey, good to hear from you. Both you and Sally popped back in this week! Were you guys up to something you're not saying? Congrats on maintaining your weight through some rough times. That in itself is an accomplishment.

Marlana- Finally, the carpet guy. How did it go? Oh, man, I forgot about my laundry in the dryer. You just reminded me of it! I didn't mean anything bad about moms in general. It's just so hard to live with her again. It's hard to explain, you'd have to experience it to fully understand. I hope you never do! Slow down and take a day off like I did today, so you can wonder what you did all day!

Well, now I have to go take care of my laundry, and get things ready for an early day tomorrow. I also have to behave myself a little better the next few day, my birthday is this weekend, and I have to save up for dinner out and some cake and ice cream!

Jen
Old 05-29-2002, 11:28 PM   #22  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Well most of you have written twice since I have been here. I'll try to catch up. We had a wonderful anniversary on Monday. We had friends over that we haven't seen in a couple of years and grilled steaks and spent a lot of time catching up. Then yesterday we went fishing on the east coast. It was very windy all day but it kept us from being so hot as it was in the high 80's. I got a sunburn and didn't really catch many fish but had a great time anyhow. The wind got up so much that we couldn't even keep our hats on. It was 4:00 by then so we packed up and came home. I would have enjoyed doing it again today. I did laundry and cleaned fish tanks instead.

Marlana~I got my email address changed and have received several replies. Now I am going to have to go to a lot of sites and change it. I refill prescriptions on this thing. I just hope that changing my address will cut down on the spam for a while. I enjoyed fishing in the saltwater but it wasn't deep sea fishing, we were fishing from the bank. A manatee came by to check us out though.

Sally~Welcome back. It is so good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you were and if you were still losing weight. I am so proud of you for losing the way you have been. I fell off the wagon and have gained again. I can't seem to find the motivation to stay OP for more than a few days at a time. I haven't given up though and intend to try again tomorrow and the next day. Your ex is living in a dream world if he thinks a judge is going to have any sympathy for him. I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

Tobey~I can't believe that you had to go all weekend without hot water. How many tenants are in your building? I sure hope that it gets fixed soon. Maybe the rent check should be a little smaller next month. Being without an everyday convenience sure makes us realize the lifestyle that we take for granted. When we first started coming to these woods, we didn't have water. We would bring large containers of water with us and leave it out in the sun all day to have warm water to wash up in at the end of the day. It wasn't too bad but starts being a lot of work.

Jen~I know just what you mean about your mom. I love my mother dearly but we wouldn't last 2 weeks in the same house. There can only be one boss and both of us want that position. I guess I could have her here if it was necessary but it would sure be hard. You have my admiration. I hope that you get that teaching job that you want. What kind of second job are you interested in besides the teaching position?

Marybeth~Welcome back. I thought that we had lost you but am so glad to hear from you. It isn't very pleasant when we start feeling like we are being pulled from too many different directions at the same time. That is when we have to make some changes. I'm glad that you resolved some things and was able to come back here. You have done a wonderful job in losing and then maintaining that lose through all that stress. Maybe you and Sally can cause me to get motivated again.

JoJo~Your talk of work conditions sure bring about a lot of memories. It's bad enough to be concerned with upper management on the job, but to have to deal with office politics adds an awful lot of stress. I hope that you vent as much as you need then forget it for awhile and relax. That would be a good time to get in some good reading. I know how much you like to read. We will be looking forward to some new pictures when you get that new camera.

This has turned out to be rather long and it is getting late. Y'all have a good day tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:04 AM   #23  

Howdy folks!

I got so busy yesterday that I didn’t get a chance to post to all of you. Things are going well. We have hot water – HORRAH! And the weather here has been soooo beautiful! I have been running every morning before work which means that I have my lunchtime free. So I have been grabbing my lunch and walking over to the park to eat and catch up on some reading. It has been so beautiful and peaceful.

Jen: I am so happy to be able to shower at home again! I know what you mean, it did feel funny to go the gym, shower, and then leave without working out there. Ever since I have moved 18 hours away from my mom, we have become the best of friends. Amazing what distance can do. Sounds like things could really be picking up for you on the job front. Do you have any big plans for your birthday – besides a yummy time?

Jojo: They have been calling for storms here as well. But so far not even a drop of rain. Fine by me. I pray that everything works out for both you and hubby on the job front. The thought of all that is overwhelming. It is no surprise that you are having trouble sleeping. I have joined an 8-“man” rowing team. It is like the rowing see in the Olympics – only we are much slower and not quite as coordinated I’ll try find a picture to attach to show you what type of boat I mean

Marlana: Sounds like you need vacation! I get tired just reading your posts. So is the carpet down – or do I dare ask? We have been married for 5 years and have been together as a couple for 12. I am lucky that we still do romantic stuff together. In fact dh has already suggested that if it nice this weekend we should another picnic. Which I am also happy about because I spent too much money on our picnic set which I bought last year. I just couldn’t resist! I love what you did to the little girls picture. Too cute!

Mb: So good to hear from you again!! Congrats on maintaining. I’m sure with your new start that you will be able to break that plateau and continue on. That is so great that you mom is happy in her new home. I remember that there were some worries about that. Good luck on your job search. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Skeeter: Wow your last few days sound so nice (except for the sunburn!). How many years have you been married for now? We are in a small tri-plex, so it is just us and 2 other apartments. It took over 72 hours for us to get hot water again!! I was surprised that I was able to get in and do laundry that same night. I thought for sure, it would be a battle. Maybe the other two went to a laundry matt. At least we did have a stove and didn’t have to rely on the sun to warm our water – although the sun has been out strong here (finally!).

Enjoy your day!
Tobey
Old 05-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #24  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

TGIF, hope everyone’s Friday is going well. Mine started out down, but I feel lots better now. Didn’t get the job I interviewed for, but then I went to my WW meeting and I dropped 5.2 lbs. YES!!!! I am focused again and heading in the right direction! Now if I’d come here and written before I went to my WW mtg. you would of heard a lot of negative stuff, but the meeting helped me to see that there is something out there that is going to be much better job wise for me!

I forgot to tell you all that hubby has started the WW program also, his is unofficial but he is weighing in each week at home and we have agreed to a reward when he hits his 10% goal. I must say that he is very proud of what I’ve accomplished and knows when it’s good to reinforce that for me.

Going to be a working weekend for me, Saturday I’m working a catering job for a wedding [good friend hooked me up with some part-time work] and then on Sunday it more yard work. Hubby changed jobs on the RR and will be working both days so in the long run I’m glad to be working Saturday as I’ll be less tempted to eat.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and if I don’t make in to check on everyone I’ll see you next week.

Love to all…
Marybeth
241/181.8/160
Old 05-31-2002, 09:28 PM   #25  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Evening Ladies~~Thought I better get in here and write a few words before you through me out. I've been very busy with your name it. I'm going fishing tomorrow so know I won't be able to write then. You know 3fc's don't send me a notice anymore when someone writes on the board. I guess I need to check out my choices.

Jo Jo~~You have the same thing going on in your state that is going on in Okla. They are cutting everything except of course the dome that the Governer wants on the Governer's mantion. You know how much we need that. Even cut money to the schools. Us see now, I bet you have a republican governer. I don't like some of the people in this state governer. Ha Ha, he ain't mine. I hope for you don't lose your job, you've got enough to worry about. Bless your hubby's heart he's really having a time of it.

Jen~~I hope you can get off those 12 hours shifts before you get older, 12 hours just don't work for older folks. I heard them say on the night news that we are 2 inches behind in rain already, bull, we're wet as can be at my house. Oh bummer, on the deal waiting for the lady to call about the teaching job. Girlfriend, I don't remember what I said about your mom living with you, buy I'm with you, I sure didn't want my mom living with me, and I don't want to live with my kids either. One family per house I say, even if there is only one person in the family.

Tobey~~Reading your post about going to the park to eat lunch made me thank about myself. Do you know that I don't know how to just set down and be still. I seem to have to have something going on all the time. I thank that is why I like this puter so much. Keeps the ol mind busy. The carpet is down and I love it. If and when I get through with that bedroom I'll take pictures and post them. But I'll take them with a reg. camara and not that rink a dink D. one I bought. The names on the little girls pictures was messed up, with this new PI program I haven't quite learned how to use the optimizer yet.

Skeeter~~I forgot all about your annivercery, you can't count on me to remember anything anymore. You got to learn to take some sun screen with you when you go out on the water. You can burn really bad out on the water, the wind will burn you too. It's a pain in the old tut when you have to go to all the sites where they need your address and change it. I know, been there done that. I still have the address that I get the spam on. I really should get rid of it. Today I got a letter that had a darn pop up in it. I deleted it but the address stayed in the task bar and every once in a while the ad would pop up. I had to reboot my puter to get rid of it. They are getting trickie.

~~MarybethGood to hear from you again. yes I thought you was gone for good, at least from us. "Too many pans in the fire." That is just where I am now. I don't know if I'm coming or going. It seems like one thing is waiting on another that needs to be done first. It's really good that you have stayed the same while you was gone. You know that is the hardest thing to stay the same weight, I know normal people do it, but I ain't normal. Glad you got your mom all settled, also glad she is happy with the home. I wish Jen could get her mom settled too. Hope you find a good job.

Guess that is it for now. It's after 8:00 PM here but I have got to can some aspargus. Hubby come wanting me to make some pickled asparagus. I never heard of it, but I'm a fixin to make some. Have a good week end everyone.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:37 PM   #26  

Hey there.

I was going to wait till tomorrow morning to write but since I'm online, thought I'd go ahead and write anyway.

I came home after work and dh was pretty down in the dumps. But then he got a call from one of the places he had put a job app in at and he took another job. He can't sit around and wait till the other job decides his wrist is ok for him to work. The job he took is with a major delivery service and I think this will be so much better for him. I think working on those semis was just getting to hard for him. Anyway, he starts the new job on Monday. He was in a much better mood after that. So was I. I was really stressing over this. Well, I'm still stressing, till he starts getting a regular pay check again.

Marlana, Yep our guv is republican. They are still battling over the budget. I know there is money somewhere that they have planned already for some dumb building that we don't need or some program that isn't necessary. There is a fund called "the rainy day fund" that they apparently used the money up from and are planning to put the money back into that fund this coming fiscal year and I say, don't put the money back into it until there is money there to put into it. Sheesh. Our guv is caught up in this "license bribery" scheme that happened when he was Sec of State. Apparently many truck drivers got their cdl's by contributing money to his campaign fund and the guv swears he knew nothing about it. How that man got elected with this scandal just coming out when he was campaigning, I don't understand. Apparently alot of drivers got their CDL's weren't qualified to drive trucks and people have gotten killed because of these drivers. Its a huge scandal and has been on 20/20 and many times on the national news. It will be interesting to see if our guv gets a conviction from it. So far they've not done anything with him yet although he says he is cooperating.

Mb, your catering job sounds like fun. Sometimes I think about trying to get a part time job in a book store. I'd be in my glory working around all those books. Sorry you didn't get that job. Something will come along for you.

Tobey, thanks for explaining and showing me what the rowing was. I figured it was some sort of new exercise craze, like that one they call spinning. When I first heard of that one, I really thought they were spinning on something then I find out they are on exercycles. I'm so glad you have hot water now. I thought of you everyday when I got into my nice hot shower.

Skeeter, I tell you, these two women I work with, well, they take the cake. They make me sick and I'm tired of trying to be friendly with them. One claims to be a very religious christian lady. The other one is just so perfect and no one could possibly meet her expectations of what she thinks they should be or do. Oh oh oh. I just get so mad I could spit. I don't say much about them and it feels so good to write this stuff. Congrats on your anniversary. Sounds like it was very nice. Dh was mentioning a fishing pole he wouldn't mind having so I was thinking about getting him that along with the camera I have ordered for him. Reading?? I'm in the middle of a book as we speak.

Jen, oh, I don't think I could take the blood and needles so I don't think I'd be a very good nurse. I almost passed out once when my bil showed me his staples and after my surgeries, I wouldn't look at my staples. I'm just squeamish, I guess. But medical stuff interests me alot.

Well, this weekend we are going to work on our bathroom and hopefully by Sunday I'll have my pedastal sink in that has been sitting in the garage for 5 or more years. I can't hardly stand the floor in there anymore. We've got linoleum to put down. If I have time, I plan to look for a few new blouses and maybe some pants.

Well, I've got to get. I think I hear thunder. The weatherbug shows a tiny weather cell just to the west of us. Take care everyone.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:24 PM   #27  

Angry catey26

Hi everyone,

I'm new to 3FC and was hoping you wouldn't mind me joining your group. You all seem so supportive. Let me give you a little background on myself...I'm 28, married, have a 4 week old son, and will be returning to work full-time in August.

I gained 40 lbs. during my pregnancy and have already lost about 25. Once I get to my pre-pregnancy weight I still have to lose 44 lbs. to reach my goal weight of 170 (I'm 5'7"). I'm currently doing a very moderate, low-impact work out every other day until I'm cleared by my OB at my 6 week post-partum check--then I plan to kick it into high gear .

So that's my story in a nutshell. I hope to get to know all you better in our journey to shed these pounds and lead healthier lives!
Old 06-01-2002, 11:27 PM   #28  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Geesh am I ever beat. I spent Thursday and Friday steam cleaning my carpets. I was going to be lazy today but hubby wanted to go to a new nursery that we have passed several times. What a brave man he is. That trip cost him $130 and that's for a yard that he says doesn't have room for anything else. We bought 9 trees and shrubs to go with the 3 that we bought last Friday and still haven't planted. Guess you know what we will be doing one day next week.

Marlana~We were bank fishing the other day and I never can remember that darn sun screen. Serves me right to get burned. I created a new email address in Yahoo to use on web sites. I'm only going to use the one that I sent to you for my friends and this board. We'll see how long it takes before I start getting spam. The Yahoo has virus protection and also rejects spam. Yahoo came on this computer and I have never used it.

JoJo~I am so glad to hear that your husband found a new job that he can do with that injured wrist. Maybe that job will work out better for him. I have a friend from the company where I retired that keeps me current on all the happenings. I have to admit that I miss a few of the people that I worked with. But mostly I am just so glad that I don't have to get up every morning and put up with some of those people all day. I didn't have your control over my mouth and usually told them like it was. I had a reputation for not putting up with any crap from anyone. Now I am just the nice quiet fat lady in the woods that grows pretty plants.

Tobey~I'm sure glad that you finally have hot water again. It seemed to take a long time for repairs though. We discovered that we could take a really good bath with one gallon of water when we used to have to bring water when we came here on the weekends. I would wash my hair over the sink with another gallon. It made us appreciate modern conveniences even more. We have been married for 13 years and together for 16. I was married for 20 years to my first husband. Actually we were married twice during those 20 years. That makes this my third marriage.

Marybeth~WTG on losing 5#. You have done just great. That's 70# that you have lost. I am so mad at myself that I didn't stay with the program like you did. It amazes me that you can work at catering and still lose weight. I'm afraid to be around that kind of food when I am OP. I have been talking to my dh about both of us getting back on WW and sticking to it the way we did before. Maybe we can motivate each other again. Keep us posted on how the two of you help each other.

Catey ~Welcome to the group. The weekends are kind of slow here but you will find a warm welcome from all of us eventually. We are all different ages here and you will fit right in. You sure sound energetic for having such a young new baby. Good for you already losing 25#. That is really good. I can remember going in for my 6 week check up after having my son and I weighed the same as I did when I delivered. I felt so fat then but I don't even have my goal weight that low now. Anyhow, we will enjoy getting to know you also.

Y'all have a good evening. Maybe I will make it in between church services tomorrow. If not, y'all have a good Sunday.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:31 AM   #29  

Good morning.

I hope your weekend is going well. Ours isnt going as I had hoped it would as far as getting the bathroom done. Its going slowwwwwly. As long as I get my new sink and floor in in the next week or two I don't care. Its just knowing theres a plan to do it soon. Dh has to take his mom out to pick out some carpet today and he has to cut grass when he gets home, so I doubt if much gets done. I am feeling tired today so I may just run the vaccume and go get my medicine and stop at the store for some salsa and thats it for me.

Skeeter, I am feeling much better since this job came thru for dh. I've been thinking for quite awhile that maybe he needed something a little less strenuous. I don't think this is his "dream" job but I think he'll be ok with it. OMG, where you gonna put all those trees? Just think of all the calories your going to burn digging the holes for them. I tend to keep my mouth shut and tune the others out as long as I can and then I have to say something which puts me a little lower down in their eyes. But you know, I don't care about that. I won't take any direct crap off them, thats for sure, I just get tired of the sneaky stuff. Geesh, these are grown women I'm talking about. It sounds like high school girls. I'm just praying that the early retirement package goes thru cause one will be gone.

Hi Katey, I'm glad you stopped in. Sounds like your doing great with the plan your working now. I'm trying to get back on track but I sure let stress and every day problems get in my way and I need to work on that. As Skeeter said, weekends are slow, especially now that its warmer out. Come back and write as often as you like. We'll try to support you with your weight loss and also during the times you just need to get things off your chest as I did the other day.

Well, I'd better get off here now. Take care everyone.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:31 PM   #30  
Senior Chick

Talking

I'll start a new thread before it goes to a second page. See y'all on #144
Closed Thread