Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 12:35 AM   #1  

Cool I Am Stuck ...... Help

I have been doing WW by myself at home for 2 months now. I lost a total of 17 pounds.
I think it's great and I am more than pleased with my lost. There have been new changes in my life which I found soon started to interfere with my programing. I am still trying to work out but not as much as I was, mark my words it will become regular soon.

Anyways I am stuck at a plateau and want to know if anyone has any tips for what I can do or any type of support at all it would be greatly appreciated.

I know these forums have been a great help for me while on my journey and I know I will hear from some wonderful and helpful people.
I thank you all ahead of time......and if you want to see what I do for exercise and so on you can check out my website

Scratching My Legs
Old 05-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi! Just wanted to chime in on the plateau thing with the good news that plateaus are GOOD, normal and part of the process. The body just seems to need periods of regrouping during a long weight loss project. It's wondering what is going on and seeking to restore balance before dropping anymore fat. The challenge is to keep going and maybe even get some extra rest and a bit more food for awhile ... such as some naps and some peanut butter in addition to your regular calories. Peanut butter, IMO, is great for weight loss and general health as long as one chooses the natural kind with no trans fat.

Good luck and don't give up. This is a sign that you're about to have a breakthrough.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:50 PM   #3  

Thanks
It's funny you mention Peanut Butter. When I was a little girl I would enjoy a spoon of the sticky stuff the odd time as a snack and recently I started doing the same thing. I have also started napping because I am in a 2 hour time change from where I use to live. So I am trying to get use to it because I don't like to sleep late.
Thanks for the encouragement, I officially started journalling and keeping track of my dieting today...AGAIN!
Old 05-20-2002, 01:31 PM   #4  
Is it Friday yet?

Hi there!

I just wanted to add my $.02 about plateaus. I've lost a sizeable amount of weight twice in my life. Both times I flew through the weight never slowing down - both times I've gained it all back PLUS some extra. I lost 56 pounds in 6 months. I lost 89 pounds in 8 months...
THIS TIME (and this is the last time) I had 119 pounds to loose - I've lost 24.5 since late January and this week is the first week I've had a loss in 6 weeks. Yes, I had been stuck at the same weight for a month and a half and I was THRILLED! Ok, yes, a touch frustrated, but honestly I *felt* different as these weeks passed even though the weight loss didn't show. There's something about it coming off slower that feels different - more permanent...

I've decided this time it isn't about the race - it's about the scenery...

Enjoy the process and hang in there - the benefits are all along the way, not just at the end!

Terri
Old 05-20-2002, 07:37 PM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

I just think Terri wrote the greatest advice and wanted to bump this up so more could get a channce to read it.

QUOTE:
I've decided this time it isn't about the race - it's about the scenery...

Enjoy the process and hang in there - the benefits are all along the way, not just at the end.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:10 PM   #6  

I tell you I THANK GOD everyday for these forums.....the words of advice is better than anyone can imagine.

This is a lifestyle, a new lifestyle....be patient and enjoy!

I must remind myself of this.
Closed Thread