Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #31  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I was up about 4 lbs. from Christmas week, and then yesterday I ran 2 miles and did arm weights, and I am back to where I started before the holiday as of this morning! I recommend strength training because your metabolism burns longer after you do weights. Awesome!

Last edited by IrishRose25; 12-28-2008 at 01:44 PM.
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #32  
new girl

S/C/G: 177.8/174.3/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to not weigh myself until the end of next week-- I'm too close to the beginning of my program to injure my mentality with a number-- I'm just working on getting a routine and X-mas was ill-placed for me this year!
jerzeezfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #33  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

I lost it. And I definately don't mean weight. Started with work parties, went on thru Xmas. I totally binged. And now I have 5 pounds on to show for it. I know some is from all the sodium, though, and as upset as I am I'm just putting that nose back to the grindstone and starting again.
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5' 2"

Well toss me on the pile of "lost it"... in the not so good way. I started not to long before Christmas so I was just getting started. I have now returned to my starting weight and will begin again... I really struggled the most with carry-ins. I wasn't able to figure out what all was in each dish and couldn't always find "safe" options. In the end I think I threw in the towel at some functions.
pixie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #35  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

What was suppose to be a holiDAY turned into a holiWEEK! I am typically very strict and very good at watching every bite, but the last few days have been miserable. I just need to make it through New Years eve and New years day now then everything will be zen again.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired by you View Post
What was suppose to be a holiDAY turned into a holiWEEK! I am typically very strict and very good at watching every bite, but the last few days have been miserable. I just need to make it through New Years eve and New years day now then everything will be zen again.
I had the same problem. I had planned on not bringing anything home but my SO's mother insisted that we bring all kinds of goodies home. Needless to say I ate way too many and I feel like crap now. But I am back OP today and I am not going to let New Years be such a problem!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #37  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I did pretty well over the holidays.
I tried to journal what I was eating, but without being able to post it to fitday, I lost interest and motivation, then I misplaced my iPod and that was the end of it.
I ate much more chocolate than I should have, but much less than I have eaten over the holidays in the past. I cooked.. a lot! And I remembered just how much I love cooking, on a good (gas) stove and with good pans. I haven't had a kitchen like my mom's... well... since I loved out. It really made me more excited for my new house... whenever I get a Certificate of Occupancy.
I wasn't able to do any walking while I was at home because the entire landscape was covered in ice. But I did spend a lot of time wrestling my mother's Christmas tree, her new stereo and lots of lifting and moving boxes.
In the end I gained slightly less than a pound, over the five days. Today I will be going to the gym, and getting back on track with my food. With luck, I will be back to loosing this week, and still on track for my ONEderland goal next summer.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #38  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

holiDAY not holiMONTH! it was just one meal.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #39  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired by you View Post

Oh Gloria, I know your pain! I overindulged on food a little, (wine- a lot) on Christmas day, but was back on track the next 2 days. I was pretty proud of myself for forgiving myself and moving on....then it happened. We got together with friends who are home from overseas, She and I are e-mail "diet buddies" and she gave up her diet while back home in NE. I started pulling out snacks for the "kids" and she and I ate most of it. I felt so terrible when I went to bed. I bet I ate a pound of mixed nuts and bean dip. I'm so ashamed!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #40  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Yesterday I was back down to 239, so I'm happy!!! Now to make it through NYE...
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

Yeah I did horrible christmas day and the day after. The cheese ball called my name!! Luckily I actually lost .4 lb. Back on track now and not worried about this week. I know I can stay on plan now.
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #42  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Yea, it was hard over the holidays. With both x-mas and New Years being in the middle of the week, it was like 2 solid weeks of eating out, big family meals and parties (not to metion travel and a lot of driving!) so it was hard to stik to plan - the good news is I was not only able to not cheat to much over the holidays, I actually lost 5 lbs since my weigh in in the 22nd - with all the eating out, family get togeathers, and a few drinks , I am so happy! Good start to a new year and I hope to continue it.

Here is to a new year, and new success! - Jenn
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #43  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

UG my holiday was terrible in terms of food- we had THREE christmas's, our own which wasn't too bad, but then my MIL's and my FIL's. Course my husband's grandmother kept giving us brownies and cookies and cake and stuff and finally I threw everything away cuz none of us needed that! I hate wasting food but I can't eat that stuff anymore and it kind of bugged me when I CLEARLY told his family I'm a diet they still pressed all these brownies and stuff on me- when I said no we won't take them they handed the plates to my husband as we left... ug.

So yeah now I'm still two pounds above what I was before the holidays- but now it's back to the gym 3x a week and working hard
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote