Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Definitely not. Sometimes I miss eating whatever I want, or get tired of being cold, but I don't think I'll ever miss my old body.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I get where you're coming from, for sure. I miss having BOOBS! I was a 38D and now I'm a 32 B or C, only because the saggy skin. If not for it, I'd be an A. I hate the way my boobs look now, and am seriously considering implants. I'd have NEVER considered plastic surgery for ANY reason before...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Do I miss my fat body? NO! NO! NO! Absolutely NOT!!

As mentioned above, I DO miss being able to eat whatever I wanted and just thinking, "Bah, well, sure I can eat the entire bag of chips, I'm ALREADY FAT, right? Ooooh, BEN & JERRYS! Welp, I'm a big fatso, I'm going to eat this entire pint. Chinese buffets? Ya'll better fear me! Oh! And I can outdrink everyone because I'm fat AND Irish! The calories won't matter, either, 'cause, OF COURSE, I remember... I'm FAT!" It was quite an unhealthy attitude. I did similar things *before* I got fat, only with the blanket of, "I don't gain weight anyway. I'm young, I only live once, I don't care if I'm trashing my body. Act now, pray later!"

I think it is interesting how some of you just uncomfortably embraced the "fat" role because (I'm assuming) it's easier to call yourself out on being fat than having someone else hint at it. I did the opposite - I pointed OUT the fact that, yes, I was overweight, but also wanted to make sure EVERYONE KNEW I was thin once. I even carried around pictures of me back in my thin days, as well as professional modeling pictures of me, so everyone could see how hot I was. Then, I fished around for compliments and opinions to see if people really thought I was as fat as I thought I was. Sad, huh?

There IS one thing I DO miss about being fat, though, and that would be double D boobs. I don't miss them hurting my back, though. If they just shrunk down to a large C instead of a regular B, I'd be happy. I also miss not getting cold easily (now, I'm like a refrigerator!) but not enough to ever, ever, EVERRRR want to be fat again.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-18-2008 at 12:42 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #19  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I get where you're coming from, for sure. I miss having BOOBS! I was a 38D and now I'm a 32 B or C, only because the saggy skin. If not for it, I'd be an A. I hate the way my boobs look now, and am seriously considering implants. I'd have NEVER considered plastic surgery for ANY reason before...
Huh! Funny, and I can't wait for the boobage to shrink a little. I lost quite some inches in chest, but I am still wearing my 40 D bras, even after losing 43 lbs.
To add insult to the injury, I was at Sears a few weeks ago looking for a specific bra. I didn't find what I wanted but seeing a lady with a measuring tape around her neck, I asked if I would need an appointment to be measured. She said, so off into a fitting room I went. To my surprise the "fitting" lady measured me with my clothes on. I thought, what I if am wearing a completely wrong size of bra? wouldn't that skew the results?
Anyway, she declared I was anywhere between 38 and 40 and between a D and DD cup. I almost fainted. I have NEVER worn a DD cup before - and not out of vanity. I used to sew all my clothes so I am pretty good at deciding what fits me and what doesn't, and had I ever needed to get a DD, I would have.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #20  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I am still a work in progress so it is hard to miss something that is still there but what I have found is that I have a hard time forgiving myself during these holidays when I go overboard. So I think I miss last year when it was Christmas time and I would eat whatever I wanted and not feel bad about it. But, that being said, I remember wearing sweatpants my entire Christmas break because nothing else really fit and although I didn't beat myself up over the holidays, I was very down on mysef in general and had zero self-esteem. Oh and I have never had boobs (except when pregnant) - fat or skinny I am lucky to be filling a big A.

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 12-18-2008 at 01:41 PM.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I started a thread a couple of days ago about missing when my relations with men, and to some extent women, were simpler -- being the "fat" friend is easy and familiar. But I do NOT miss getting winded walking up a hill or the flab on my arms...or trying to button my jeans and trying to find shirts to hide my tummy.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #22  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

No, I don't miss my old fatter body, and each additional pound I lose is a clean break farewell. There is not one thing I can think of that makes me miss it. Good bye and good ridden!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I miss being skinny...i've put about 23 pounds back on this year..and while 155-157 is not that bad .... it's all in my waist. Oh, and my face is looking fuller than i like.

I miss the days of being clueless about how much i weighed and how fat i looked. I do miss always having to worry about what i'm eating, how much fat is in it, how many calories are in it...and so forth. But i do not miss being fat. I remember how i was so upset that i was not flexible and limber like i used to be when i was skinny.

Now, i miss wearing my tight shirts because of the weightgain from the past few months...it alll goes to the belly.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I so don't miss being fat. Never, ever, ever, ever.

I posted something a while back about the intangible positive things about not being fat and writing them down and putting the post on my blog just totally reinforced the feeling.

I LOVE not being fat (notice I don't describe myself as skinny or slim, because I'm not there yet! I am just firmly not-fat!). I love it with a passion. How much do I love it? Let me count the ways:
  • I love being able to fit into cute clothes.
  • I love being able to walk up the stairs - to RUN up the stairs - and not be out of breath.
  • I love being able touch my toes.
  • I love that my gut doesn't block my view of my feet anymore.
  • I love that I can see my collar bones, my wrist bones, my ankles and that I can feel my ribs and my hipbones.
  • I love that I can put on a sweater that clings and you can see where my waist curves in.
  • I love that I'm not afraid to sit down in that sweater because I'm ashamed of my rolls (multiple) of fat that spill over my waistband.
  • I love being able to walk into the "fun" clothing stores (like Gap, The Limited, Anthropologie, etc.) and find things in my size that look good.
  • I love enjoying my food and enjoying treats because they're *treats*.
  • I love not being ruled by food.
  • I love the crazy energy I have and that I don't come home from work, throw myself down on the sofa and feel like crap for the rest of the evening.
  • I love that I don't have heartburn any more.
  • I love that I don't snore any more.
  • I love that when I *do* indulge in something like a burger and fries or an ice cream I don't think that everyone is secretly looking at me and thinking "lookit the fat chick stuffing her fat face".
  • I love the way my guy looks at me every time we see each other and that he runs his hands down my sides and tells me that I look "f*****g awesome, babes!"
  • I love that I can finally wear short hair w/out feeling like my face and neck (and chins) overwhelms my hairstyle.
  • Speaking of which, I love having only ONE chin.
  • I love the look on people's faces when they see me for the first time in a while and they double take because they don't recognize me.
  • I love knowing that I'm capable of this. That I have the strength I never thought I had to not let food rule my life.
  • I love discovering new things about my body and myself every single day - whether it's a new curve, a new like or dislike, or a new ability.
Seriously. I could go on forever. Every time I think about how much I miss being able to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, I start to think about this list and how different my life was when I was fat.

I will never ever ever ever miss my fat self. Ever. I'm so glad that person is gone. I'm so glad those layers of fat that hid the person I really am are gone. Sayonara, bay-bee. They're never coming back.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #25  
I feel GREAT!

S/C/G: 228/145/135

Height: 5'5

I Never Ever Ever Want To Look Like I Used To. Ever. Point Blank. Period. Never.
thatgirl1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #26  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am still fat. Very fat. But 50 lbs LESS fat than I was 82 days ago.

I DO NOT MISS the fat that has left.

I do not miss the HUMONGOUS roll of back fat that is nearly gone.

I do not miss the huge ankles that have slimmed down.

I do NOT miss the GIANT waddle under my chin(s)

I miss nothing about that 50 lbs. Nothing.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Hmm...I'm gonna have to go with no. I'm still very heavy but 70 pounds less then I was a year ago. Do not miss going to walmart and buying hoodies in the plus guys section, do not miss the day that the largest size in the plus size store didn't fit me (I cried)...Did not miss blood sugar randomly spiking to 900+...annnd...did not miss people asking me when I was due (My weight is ALL in my stomach I actually look pretty slim from a front view...it's weird!)

I can NOT wait till I get where I want to be. I am going to be so excited.

Need to pray I keep my boobs though...>.>..<.<
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote