Well I am getting ready to officially start my healthy new lifestyle tomorrow morning. That is the date I picked out. I've been very busy this week getting ready. So far this week....
1. I joined the YMCA
2. bought the starter pack of ALLI and read the books
3. cleared out my fridge and kitchen of all bad food
4. made a two week menu from the ALLI books (1800 calorie a day meals)
5. Bought the food for the said meals and vitamins and some supplements
6. dug out my old weights and bought a Air-Dyne bike and turned one of my rooms into a small gym in case I miss the YMCA
7. dug out my old bike and put air in the tires, I'm gonna start riding instead of driving everywhere.
My sister visited yesterday and I told her whats going on and she told me I was setting myself up to fail because she said I am doing what I always do, go overboard and try to do too much at one time. I am not listening to her because she (along with my Mom) are both pretty negative people, they always don't think anyone can do anything. It only makes me want to show them.
I am very, very nervous about this. I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life I feel like if I don't drastically lose some weight I may not be around much longer.
My doc keeps trying to give me Xanax but I don't want that stuff thats ALL I need right now.
Also I am new and been reading a LOT of posts and I am noticing there are a lot of women on thise forum. Like WAY more than men.. did I screw up and join a womans forum or something? Are men welcome? Or just tolerated??
I hope so because there is a TON of great info on this site and one of the reasons I joined because it seems so supportive around here.
Well here I go.. gonna wake up to a new way of living tomorrow!