Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Default TOM chocolate cravings?!

TOM is here and i'm craving chocolate soooo badly! Ive given in to 5 small squares of dark chocolate but it isnt enough!! I want more! Any ideas how i can get rid of these cravings without giving in?
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/230/165

Height: 5'11"

What about making chocolate milk with skim milk or using a lite hot chocolate mix for some warm cocoa? I like those when I am in a chocolate mood, plus you get some calcium and they are filling. Hope that helps!
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

if your body is craving it that badly maybe you just better eat it....
i know if i crave something so bad i have to give in....
else it becomes ten times worse....

if its any consolation i cudnt resist an extra fruit cake at tea time chick!....
despite trying i didnt try hard enough!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #4  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Here is a good recipe for chocolate marshmallow fudge. It makes 36 squares and each are 2 WW points. I will also make a lowfat version of a starbucks frappacino when I am craving something sweet...works every time!

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
Servings - 36
Points - 2
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallow(s)

1. Coat an 8- x 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine. Bring to a boil in a sauce pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in chocolate and marshmallows. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
4. Pour into pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve. (Leave fudge in refrigerator or freezer for a firmer consistency
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

25-calorie cocoa mix (Swiss Miss makes a really lite one) is good, or making chcolatey muffins (with dark chocolate chips and cocoa powder) filled with lots of grated zucchini to bulk them up.

If you really really just want chocolate, though, I'd definitely recommend getting just a little bit of something quite ridiculously divine. I tend to find that my cravings are fulfilled much more quickly when I'm nibbling on handmade organic truffles from the farmers' market, than when I just buy a pack of Reese's cups or something...
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #6  

I agree about the high-quality chocolate! I'll get a one-ounce dark Scharffen Berger bar (or half a Dagoba Mon Cheri) and eat it by taking a tiny bite, then letting it melt on my tounge, then taking another bite - it takes a really long time to eat that way, and makes it seem like more!
konekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #7  
Steps on this journey...

Height: 5'3

I put some cocoa powder and Splenda in fat free yogurt. Fage 0% is very creamy and rich.

Sometimes I crave other sweet stuff and baking fresh pineapple with vanilla ad cinnamon helps that too.
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/230/165

Height: 5'11"

Wow TheBabies - those both sound like yummy ideas!
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

One of my favorite chocolate fixes is sugar free hot chocolate (25 calories) mixed with 2 teaspoons of f/f caramel apple dip! I tried this one from the Hungry Girl website and WOW it delicious!
ViolinJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

I like these suggestions and I can't wait to get out to the store for the ingredients. I am PMS-ing and having these urges for chocolate like you can't believe, but I'm also fighting a cold and anything dairy would be so bad for me right now, so you can see the inner struggle! I've been trying to just drink tea instead to fill me up and fill the sweet craving, but it's hard.....
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #11  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

I felt like I hit pay dirt when I discovered fat free Cravings. They were in the freezer section of the grocery store and they are small little desserts. there are 4 different kinds of cheesecake. i think they are 70 calories each. they are small, but small is all i need. but what I fell in love with was their Chocolate Fix. I didnt know what it was when i first bought it but i knew i was pmsing and needing chocolate like NOW so i tried it. its the chocolate, oatmeal, coconut thing, like a macaroon or something and it is sooo good. almost makes me look forward to TOM....mmmm...chocolate
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #12  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

When I'm desperate, I'll mix a good, dark cocoa powder into my oatmeal, or into Dannon's Cherry Vanilla yogurt. Mmmm. BUT, when I need "trashier", TOM choco, I love Weight Watcher's individual cups of Choc. Brownie Sundae ice cream. 140 calories of "YES, YES, YES!"
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Lots of wonderful suggestions here! I find myself craving chocolate more than anything most of the time!
Tonja81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Dallas View Post
Here is a good recipe for chocolate marshmallow fudge. It makes 36 squares and each are 2 WW points. I will also make a lowfat version of a starbucks frappacino when I am craving something sweet...works every time!

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
Servings - 36
Points - 2
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallow(s)

1. Coat an 8- x 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine. Bring to a boil in a sauce pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in chocolate and marshmallows. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
4. Pour into pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve. (Leave fudge in refrigerator or freezer for a firmer consistency

Arelene, that sounds like a good recipe - the only thing - 36 servings from an 8 x 8 pan? Whoa. That's teensy.

I also do the 25 calorie Swiss Miss hot chocolate.

I also like to mix 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal with about 8 chocolate chips. Make my own "trail mix". Or I have a sugar free chocolate sucking candy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #15  

i would also crave for choc big-time during my menses.
that's when i have a cup of swiss miss in the morning and another in the night.
myst is offline   Reply With Quote