Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #16  

(())s to you. I am so sorry for your recent experiences. Stay close to this forum for support. It's an amazing place.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I had it happen to me at my work too. I went to HR about it. HR said it is the same as making a statement about someones race or sex.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

That's pretty rude and mean. I can't understand why people have to be nasty to others that are doing them no harm. The best thing you can do is ignore them, treat them with the disdain they deserve. It's their bad karma after all.

I probably wouldn't have been able to resist reacting to their stupidity and then I would have been annoyed with myself for even allowing them a second of my time. So I think you did the right thing by saying nothing. You can't reason with these idiots anyway.

Don't feel bad, at least you are actively working on your weight and can look forward to a time when you're exactly what you want to be. From the sound of it, those rude people are certainly not working on their minds and there won't be any improvement there any time soon.

Take Care
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

people say these things to feel better about themselves. i used to ignore comments like that but nowadays i can't resist telling them off. ignore them and get on track. the better you feel about yourself the less comments like this will hurt.
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #20  

Hey everybody!

I would just like to say thank you so so so so much for your kind words and support! I am really glad I have a place like this to go and just let my feelings out and get such supportive advice!

I started my diet this week, and I feel so much better about myself! I have lost 2 lbs so far and I know I have to take it slowly. I will keep everybody updated on my progress!

I pretty much got tired of the comments and people’s rudeness, so I am not going to take it anymore! I am going to lose weight and get on track and get my life back!

Thanks so much again guys! BIG HUG TO EVERYONE!
Gippaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Great start!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #22  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonita Applebaum View Post
See, I would've told him to mind his damn business but I'm kind of a b*tch. You should've threw some popcorn in his face and ran, lol!
I am SO with Bonita on this - I would have told him without any hesitation that the size of my *** is none of business. And you know what, I would have said it quite loud so that everybody else can see how stupid that guy was.
Don't pay attention to people like him!

I have to say this - I was driving home the other day and a car in front of me had a sticker that read

God loves stupid people
He made SO many

Although I am an atheist, I gotta agree.

Last edited by Tomato; 07-12-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote