Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #16  

To be honest I am dreading this weekend. DH's birthday is on the 6th, so basically it'll be a 3 day party weekend for us. I'm also planning on eating a hot dog. I don't know what it is about the celebration of America's independence that makes me want processed meat in a sausage shape? Today I went and bought myself some Hebrew National 97& fat free dogs. DH said he wanted kabobs on the grill for his b-day dinner. I was elated when he told me. Throwing multiple skewers of vegetables on the grill is really going to save me this weekend. My biggest concern is going to be drinking alcohol. I think I've only had one drink in the last 4 months, so I'm afraid I'll use that to justify drinking way too many empty calories. I'm going to try and only open one bottle of wine during those 3 days. We'll see how it goes.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #17  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I don't seem to have much trouble with holidays. I usually lose weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think its because 1. I know its coming and I can prepare myself and 2. I don't like to eat in front of people other than my mother and my husband. I will be at my in-laws. My husbands family is supportive of weight loss and completely undertanding if I'm picky about what I eat. I know we'll have vegetables because that is what I'm taking. Other than that, I'll maybe have some macaroni & cheese if it is there and a small piece of dessert. I'll also be outside in the heat which seriously curbs my appetite for some reason.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #18  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

There is such great advice here so far so I will just add in that we are going to a pool party all day Friday and then to see the fireworks. I have already told the host that I will be bringing my own hotdogs and buns! *lol* I am doing ww and I found the Hebrew national Beef hot dogs that are 97% fat free and they are only 1 point. Then the whitewheat buns are only 1 point too. Pringles also has a fat free can of chips that only cost me 1 point for 15 so I can have 2 hot dogs and chips with a diet soda for next to nothing. That will be more than plenty for me. We are signed up for dessert and I will be taking cupcakes but I will not be eating those. I will bring a pack of the 100 calorie packs snacks for a sweet.

Don't be embarrassed about trying to lose weight and look better. I was that way when I first started and I had to quickly get over it because our family has so many get togethers. They will be looking for the weight loss which will bring compliments and you also will stay on plan better because people are watching. It's all good...just plan what you will be eating...stick to it and think of how great you will look and feel for July 4th next year!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I made it through AND lost 3 lbs! GO me!
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote