Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #361  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM

I returned home this week on Friday afternoon....weighed in Saturday morning and today at 173.0....so I was at the same weight I left with on Monday morning. I am still working overtime, not getting any miles in and eating so/so. I won't claim it to be healthy We have a microwave in the room so that means cans of chili, hot dogs on tortillas....and that usually means cheese and tortilla chips for me...dang! We do have an I-Hop next to the room and they do serve a free dinner....sandwiches/salad/ravioli/spaghetti stuff in the dining room....it isn't bad....but they also serve $1.50 beer....this usually gets me in trouble Especially since they give you a free one with dinner! I find it better to have a can of chili and 0 or 1 beer in my room

Angie and I were able to get some miles in yesterday as we took the mutts on our Saturday morning coffee walk. I also took them out when I got home on Friday so I did get in 6.5 miles. I also vacuumed and shampooed the carpet so that is worth a few calories!...and a little lovin'

MINDY I know you will be under 200 by Turkey month! I tweaked the recipe on that pill while I was bored in the hotel! Hope you picked up some good food and got that jog in

HAT TRICK I think we are all going to stick around for the long haul! Especially with FRITOS! I love 'em with hamburger/onion/cheese/lettuce/tomatoes and ketchup....mock tacos mom called it. They do give me heart burn though

MARGIE on that 5 pounds gone forever! I know all about that "getting home late after ballgames and nothing planned to eat" days! I know them well! All I can say is plan...plan...PLAN!! Eat that healthy meal before...as you are....as far as snacking after...I found that a few olives and a couple of rice crackers ARE enough to take the edge off! I no longer keep Klondike bars in the fridge! I no longer eat a snack of popcorn out of a BIG bowl! You can do this

Well hello to the rest of the TEAM! That pill must be working not to many around for a re-fill

Have a lot of losses this week gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #362  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post

. . FRITOS! I love 'em with hamburger/onion/cheese/lettuce/tomatoes and ketchup....mock tacos mom called it.
Gar -- do you really have to give me more ideas on how to enjoy these little crunch-devils? I mean really!! Bad enough I eat them at all; now I have new and mouth-watering ways which will want to be explored. Nice to see you again, even if it's only briefly.

Had a pretty good weekend -- stayed OP very well. Had one slice of pizza on Sat but only one and planned it. Had a big salad b/4 so one slice actually filled me. Of course, the scale is still the same. I am exercising alot, doing TM (intervals and steady state) 4x/wk; weights 2x/wk; yoga 2-3x/wk; dog walks (1 1/2 miles each walk) 3-5x/wk. Staying OP (except for last Tuesday). Just ordered Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. Am thinking my exericise needs some tweaking. Maybe I'm in a rut with it.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #363  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hat- You will "enjoy" the shred. It is a good butt whoopin. I do it about once a week. We have a full line up of DVD's we do at school. Mixes things up.

Gary- It's got to be tough living out of a hotel room and trying to eat right. All you can do is give it your best shot. Hopefully you'll get to come home soon.

Staying on track and staying about the same on the scale. I know TOM is getting close, so maintaining would be good. Then I can drop after.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #364  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Where the heck is everyone? cakses, thistoo, blondebritbrat, margieb, hellooooo? Come on back and chat!

mtiger - did workout 1 of the 30-day shred yesteday and . . . . I LIKE it! This is definitely what I've been looking for as an alternative to TM interval stuff. Now I've been doing TM, yoga, weights for quite a while now and I'm surprised that I felt like I had a really good workout doing this and am even more surprised that my calfs - really, of all body parts my calfs? - are feeling it today. Will definitely be switching off w/this dvd and the TM intervals. Lovely to have solid choices. Is it me or does Jillian Michaels look like Paula Abduls long-lost sister? I like her style - get in, work hard, get done. Right up my ally.

Well, once again I've been OP all week and the scale remains stagnant. OY VEY!!!!!! I'm really ready to just scream. I even went and checked my RMR and BMR stuff. Now I know these are just 'guidelines' at best but . . . my RMR is around 1400 and adding in exercise (I even used the 3-5 days moderate rather than 5 days intense) it is saying I should be able to eat around 2100 cals/day to maintain. Hellloooo?? Not close to that. I come in around 1500 on average per day. Grrrrrrrr.

I don't know what to do other than to just keep at it. I LOOK like I'm losing weight and the tape measure reaffirms that things are happening but still . . . I am needing that scale to move DOWN. One stupid lb and I'll have my second 'pill' done. Maybe a spoonful of sugar will help this medicine go down?

Hope everyone is still around and comes back in here to update and chit-chat. Kids are off today and tomorrow and I slept in till 10a.m. today. That really throws me off kilter. Normally I'd been fishing around for lunch soon and I haven't even had breakfast yet. Am off for a TM interval workout; quick and dirty. Have a great day all!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 10-09-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #365  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Working harder and down to 198 again, yay!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #366  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM

I am back home for the week-end. The week away was pretty good for me "weight-wise" I left Monday morning weighing in at 173.4 and weighed in this morning at 172.0 well within my happy face range!

I went out with the mutts for a 5K this morning and plan to do 2 more this week-end in ISABELLA'S CANADIAN THANKSGIVING 5K! This should help keep some calories off since I am planning on making some enchiladas this week-end and I know I will eat weigh too much I hope to make a spinach lasagna too which is pretty good on calories....now....to eat responsibly....I can do this....I can!!

CAT ~ Great job on being in ONEDERLAND

HAT TRICK ~ I have thought that too on Paula and Jillian. Keep up the good work with those dvd's! Enjoy the time with the kids. Sorry about the frito fix Mock tacos was always a treat for us as kids.

MINDY ~ I am really working on that hotel eating. My lunches are good....turkey sandwiches, fruit, yogurt....sneak a chip or two. Dinners last week were in the hotel dining room. They serve a free dinner every night that comes with the room, not too healthy....fish sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken alfredo and ravioli this week....I just watch my portions the best I can....now...I need to start watching that "free" beer!

Well it sure looks like some of the team has plenty of "MEDICATION" left....I am sure we will see them soon when they re-new their prescriptions
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #367  
mtiger

Wink

I seem to be stuck around 204-205. Can't seem to make any progress. Still sticking to calories and working out. Waiting on TOM to hopefully offer some relief. Don't know what's going on with that either. Should have been the 10th. Well. I'll just keep working it and hopefully see some progress soon.

Gary- Glad to hear you got to come home and see family. Have fun on those walks. It is supposed to beautiful around here this weekend. I hope to get out and get a 5k in too. Keep up the good work.

Hat- Just did Jillian last night. I can't imagine doing her for days upon days. One day a week is good for me.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

HELLLLOOO GALS and GARY! I'm BAACCCKK!!

So sorry for my absence on here. It was not intentional at all. I lost my cable/internet last weekend due to a clueless cable guy that was doing some work on my "fuzzy tv" and instead of fixing it he broke it! Finally got the 4th cable guy out here today and he seems to know what he was doing and talking about and I told him I had had 4 different work men to tell me 4 different things with what was wrong with it. So we are making some complaints to say the least to our cable company since the men they sent out here seemed so clueless or just didn't seem to want to lift a finger until today's guy they sent. So now I am playing catch up on everything and emails and online college class and some work stuff I have to do online for a workshop I have to go to on Monday. Whew..

A new tidbit about me is that I have joined weight watchers online and that seems to have helped me get back on track. I am doing it with my mom as well. She goes to the group meetings in her area and sends me everything she learns and gets from her leader such as tips, recipes and etc and I do my stuff online. So far it is working and I'm back down almost 3.5 pounds.

GARY- I am so sorry you are having to turn away men at your job. That must be so difficult to do. My husband is a auto mechanic and works off of commission and nobody is bringing in their cars the little things anymore so his job is really starting to suffer as well. So it's a very good thing I have my job now. I will keep you in my prayers and Angie too since it must be hard to have to work away from home so much and not get to be able to be at home at night after work with your loved ones.

Now for some bad news I could use some good thoughts prayers and good vibes or whatever you believe- Some of you on here know that I've lost my father to cancer when I was barely 3 months out of HS 6 years ago and that for the past almost 3 years my mother has been fighting breast cancer that has metasized to other parts of the body now her lung and her back/spine. Well her last 3 month check up showed that the tumors/spots she had had actually shrunk from the oral chemo pill regiment they have her on. So we were thrilled of course. She just did the 3 month testing thing again this past week and the cancer is back and it is multiple tumors and more than what she had before. So I will be taking the day off on Tuesday and her doctor has requested that me and her boyfriend come to the appointment which he has never done that before and discuss other treatment options if any. My mother has already told me about a month ago she is starting to get tired of fighting and for the last five years almost her life has been nothing but doctors since before the cancer she was in a bad motorcycle wreck in which she was lucky to be alive and she actually asked me if I would be okay if she opted not to do treatment so that she won't be sick and could enjoy whatever time she has left. I asked her to keep an open mind for this appointment on Tuesday and listen to what the doctor can offer and what the side effects from all these other treatment options he's got then we can go from there and I'll respect whatever decision she makes however hard it is for me. So I am really on pins and needles here this weekend. I really want to self medicate with food but I'm not doing it so far since it wouldn't help anything. I have cried a lot already and still am crying at random times. I did cry in front of my mother last night when she told me and I think I scared her and she asked me to be strong for her. But I don't know how to be strong but also be able to express what I feel and cry too. Sorry this is so long guys but I could really use some comfort in knowing some good people are praying for me and my mother and etc.

Anyways I've got company coming go figure- when I least feel like it- some of my husband's HS buddies are in town and are wanting to get together so I have a apartment to clean and laundry to do to keep myself busy. But you guys have a good weekend and keep up the good work!!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 10-11-2008 at 12:13 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #369  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well I swung that dang scale back to 173.0 this morning.... There goes that pound I thought was gone....no big deal...time to re-group!

Angie and I got in a 5K this morning so that may help ease the calories I took in last night at our fav Italian restaurant.

MINDY just keep hanging in there...you just never know when the loss will come

BRAT I am so sorry to hear of your mom's current health condition As a family that last lost many to cancer, including my father, I can relate. I will hold your family in my prayers daily.

I have a friend at church that is a boat engine mechanic, he is really struggling now too, he and his wife have started to advertise in the church bulletin for a new "party planning" thing they are doing to try and survive. Good people, always there to help Angie, myself and my ex-wife on our functions at church. Prayers for your family in the struggling economy too.

GALS ~ Have a great week-end and keep an eye on me as I go to nephews #2 birthday party and watch those ballgames today....so many beers....so little time....
Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #370  
mtiger

Wink

Brit- So sorry to hear about your mom. It is such a difficult time for everyone involved. You hang in there. I know you will find the strength your mother needs. Last week I had three friends lose a family member. It was a tough week.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #371  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I see it may be time to put this thread to bed...I had to go to page 3 to find it.

I got home late last night from work. Weighed in this morning at 171.8 I am so happy, again the hotel food had a lot of calories but I kept my portions small and no snacking....unless you call one night of too many beers snacking...I sure don't

The other nights I was under my 2 beer limit! Amazing considering the way my DODGERS played

I think it is time to RE-CALL THIS PRESCRIPTION!

Look for a new 5 POUND LOSS challenge.... coming soon....you TURKEYS