Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #16  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I'm new to this support group, but group I've been using no one is ever online, so I'm hoping this works better. I'm on WW flex and have been pretty good on it, lost about 20lbs and about 90 more to go. I've been doing pretty good with the exercise, worked out yesterday so took a breather today, but hope to get back into it tomorrow. I too have got the munchies really bad this week. I'm just hoping I can do well with my "diet" tomorrow and Friday, with the holiday break.
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

I had a little look at my fitday so that I could relay how my changes have been going. I've had no wheat since the 29th and no dairy (other than yogurt) since the 28th. I struggle with diet coke tho'. I had one yesterday and part of one on Tuesday.
I'm going to the chiropracter this afternoon to see if he has any more suggestions.

I feel pretty good, other than the shoulder and hopefully chiro will fix that today. I think I might even run to the gym after I'm done with him. Cardio for sure.

My calories were too high yesterday but clean.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #18  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Susan, great job! At least the diet coke doesn't have calories

I ended up eating some off plan stuff yesterday after DH and I donated blood. We had planned on going out to dinner after donating and splitting a cheese calzone. I had a side salad and half the calzone for dinner. In the old days I would have skipped the salad and eaten a whole calzone. I did not feel full or even satisfied after dinner, which was really weird. I told myself I could have something after an hour if I was still unsatisfied.
1.5 hours later and I definitely wanted more to eat - so we walked down the street and I had ice cream! A small, but it was not planned for. So - calories around 1900 or so yesterday. I do have to say that I enjoyed every bite, and don't really feel guilty about it.

Back on the straight and narrow today. I already did my cardio today. Jogged 3.25 miles.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #19  

Hi!

The chiropracter fixed my shoulder. He's very happy with my weight training and told me how to tell if I should be doing shoulders or coming back to see him first

I bought a funky pillow. Apparently they take some getting used to.
However, gals my age ... ahem ... need to take care of our shoulders. So, I'll perservere with the funky pillow.

Lori, you'll be fine! I have faith in you. Tomorrow, you'll be good as gold!

Did Rachel come back today? Rachel? what are you doing for exercise?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #20  
Supporter

S/C/G: 196/154/147

Height: 6' 0"

FIL's birthday gathering: pizza - beer - pizza - beer - pizza - beer - CAKE!

I'm a naughty boy.
AJ113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #21  

Morning!

I slept very well on my new pillow. And while my shoulder hurts this morning, it's not the sharp jab I have been having.

My calories were good yesterday and I did quite a bit of walking to run some errands.
Tonight is the gym!

AJ113 ... just be sure those off days don't happen too often. It's OK to overdo the odd day ....

Be good at the barbeque's and celebrations today!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #22  

Good morning!

Yesterday was just fine! My calories were good, I went to the gym and I lost weight!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #23  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies!
Susan, aren't you an early bird? You always post so early. I actually did wake up at 5:30 myself (in spite of going to bed around midnight) and I hoped I would catch a few more winks but one of dogs climbed into bed with me and wanted ear scritches. How could I say no? So I hauled myself out of bed at 6:30 and took the dogs for a half hour walk, then I went to the farmers' markets to buy a small truckload of goodies. One thing that I allowed myself today (which I haven't eaten very often lately) was a basket of new Yukon potatoes. They will go well with the whale, ahem, trout, that I will have for lunch.

Now I am going to enjoy some java , then off to the gym and I have a full day of gardening ahead of me. I brought home 16 strips of sod last night - I will be dead by the evening.
Wishing you all a lovely Saturday.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #24  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great 4th (those that celebrated it, holiday style )
We were pretty low key, ate really well and then went to see fireworks, which were wonderful!

Today, my sister is coming over and we are going to do the 3FC 5K together.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #25  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

SusanB: Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been on due to being with family for the fourth (Happy Belated Fourth to everyone!). I've been exercising last week, just doing the Hip Hop Abs video, but lately I have also been doing some swimming and will probably start walking on the days when I'm sore from doing one of the aerobic videos.
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #26  

Morning!

That's OK Rachel, I'm not real sure why I was asking. Probably just to assure you that one or the other is good. Especially over a holiday, it's easier to get back on track if you've been exercising and over eating rather than stopping everything and needing to start it all anew. Did that make sense?

Tomato ... I start work at 7, leave here at about 6:25. I'm no early bird either ... not naturally

Lori? how'd your 5K go?

Dh played in a ball tournament yesterday. He ran home to get me between games 4 and 5 and then we went to a barbeque. I should have taken a bottle of water And I did not get the recipe for that salad. It was delicious but .....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #27  
Let's salsa!

Good morning chickies,

I would love to sleep in on weekends .... if I could. Once I am up, I am up no matter what time it is. I woke up 5 (having gone to bed at midnight) - that's not a whole lot of sleep.

But, knowing the humidity (and the temp as well) will be rising, I took the girls for brisk morning walk and BB was good and managed to walk the entire 2 miles (vet is not sure yet what is wrong with her).
Then I gave myself a bit of a break, had a 1/2 an apple with some PB .... and starting feeling sleepy. I forced myself to get on the treadmill as today was my morning to run. I did 5 miles on the treadmill and burned 617 calories (well, as per the treadmill, but anyway) - woohoo!

I did have to skip my 1/2 hour core class at the gym (it starts at 9:30) but hey, we have to make choices all the time.

I have already gotten a litre of water into myself, as well as an omelet filled with quark with lots of chives, a red pepper, tomato and some cucumber. Now I am enjoying my well deserved java.

I SHOULD be already in the garden, to work on the section that is still in the shade .... but I don't think it's going to happen - I will wait till it gets shady there after 4 pm again - I just showered and I want to stay clean for a bit.

Susan, what are you reading right now? My reading is on hold right now, although I feel I should start something asap. I finished the last book 2 weeks ago so it's high time I picked something up again.

Later, alligators.

Last edited by Tomato; 07-06-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #28  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Wow. Five miles first thing in the morning is pretty impressive. I take off my hat to you.

A few days ago I realized that if I wanted to add another week of fencing camp to the one I was already doing back to back that I was going to have to get a whole lot more into shape. So, I've changed my strength training days which I was pretty much using to build upper body strength anyway into lighter exercise days, added a set of pliometrics to my heavy exercise days every other day, and generally increased the intensity and duration of my running. Yesterday was really pretty bad- I nearly quit a few times during my exercise plan, and I had to hold off on increasing the time I ran 7 mph per five minutes from 2 to 3 minutes, but in the end, with a little break in the middle, I ended up pulling off slightly more than I had at my last attempt as far as my other pattern of interval training and jogging an extra five minutes to boot.

Since I'm tearing up my legs so much, I've also been trying to pay more attention to getting enough protein, which I did manage yesterday largely because I went out and bought myself some egg whites- I've found it really hard to get 70 grams of protein daily on a 1200 calorie diet, but these help. I'm also working on making sure I actually do eat enough, because frequently I end up feeling depressed and sluggish for a long time before I figure out that the reason is my insufficient nutrition over the preceding few days. Exercise and eating were ultimately pretty good for yesterday, though.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #29  
Let's salsa!

Impala,

I am tired just by reading about all your exercise!
I, too, struggle with protein, I don't think I am eating enough (and I don't count calories but of course that does not mean that I eat anything and everything). I am eating very clean but I think I need to increase the amount of meat. This is becoming such science! :-)
Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #30  

It is a science ... and I love it! It's like a game. How close to darned near perfect can we get this diet.

Right now I have a new Oxygen mag which should hold me over until book six of that Carol O'Connell series arrives.