Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Exclamation Too many social events!

This season seems to be bringing on the parties. Barbecue last night, Seder next weekend (better late than never), Cinco de Mayo the week after. I've just finally gotten back on track after a rocky period and suddenly I've got all of these major 'red flag' events lined up ahead!

I already know that I have to 1) be REALLY on plan on the days in between; 2) be mentally prepared to make good/difficult choices when I go to these things and 3) bring something healthy to eat and share.

It's more a psychological thing. I'm feeling so ready to stay on plan and don't want these interruptions! Yet I also feel like making merry (and to an extent the food and drink that often accompany it) is an important part of life.

Just looking for support I guess. TIA.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #2  
No description available.

You can do it, 3beans!! You know the principles to apply! I try to focus on: 1 plate, mostly veggies, a lean protein. Focus on the socialization aspect and not the stuff-your-face and drink 8 margaritas aspect, and you'll do fine.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #3  
1 day & 1 pound at a time

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I can related..I mean summer is here..everyone is out of school..and all my friends want to do is go out and party (not that its a bad thing but when your on a diet/lifestyle change it sorta is difficult).

Whenver we go out I just order vodka because it has no carbs. But I don't overdue it because drinking excessively is not good for weight control. I was on a website the other day and reading an article it it stated that there was a reserach done and dieters who gave up alcohol lose no more weight than those who don't.

A tip for you is to eat a meal before you go to these events. When you get there you won't be as hungry. As long as you find a plan that works for you when you go out then your good to go.
breathe me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Yep, summer is just about here... this is my toughest time of year to stay in shape. Barbecues, beer, ice cream, margaritas... every weekend....

If anyone has some tips, I'd love to hear theml. We're gonna need all the help we can get!
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Approaching summer and the summer season is my absolute favorite time of the year to lose weight! LOVE it. I can be outdoors more, walking to the park. Walking to the grocery store rather than taking a car. I love BBQ's... at most of the ones I tend to go to, there's usually healthy options (grilled chicken! YUM!).. if I'm not sure of the options, I will bring a BIG fruit platter to share.. and some sort of healthy salad. I love just the cheaper fruit options during this time of the year.. and veggies! Sometimes I bring a veggie platter, too. If I can't bring anything, then I just make the best possible choices I can... kwim? Functions/parties/picnics (etc) are a part of life and something mostly everyone has to deal with.. they'll always be there. So, rather than dread this time of the year... focus on the FUN aspect of them, getting together with family/friends.. and do the most important thing YOU can do.. make the best possible choices
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote