Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #151  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Mikella (#39) and I (#38) got our 5K in this morning. It was quite an event. We took our 9yr old ds and 4yr old dd along as well as our house horse (Newfie). DS and DD didn't sign up for the challenge so they don't have #'s. We finished in under an hour which was our goal. The only bad part of the day was when dd lost her Ipod Shuffle. We found the headphones but someone took the shuffle. We were quite the crowd. lol Thank you for getting this together. Can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by ahill1979; 04-13-2008 at 07:56 PM.
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 247.8/209.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Guys....Number 187 & 188 are checking in. Dawn and Alan and 3 pups. We walked 1 mile yesterday and 30 minutes on elliptical machine, then 2 1/2 miles today. I hope this still counts. This was so much fun. I will definitely do this again. Thanks for organizing this. Way to go everyone that attempted this!!!!! Yeah all of us!!!!

Dawn
dwnloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #153  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
#202 reporting in
Completed walking in PALM SPRINGS!!! boy is it hot here (better than home)
I will do the Masters Challange (chasing the little white ball) tomorrow and complete a 2nd 5k

Gary you are the BEST!!!
Yep it is hot in Palm Springs! I don't enjoy working there in the summer! Have fun on the links tomorrow and thanks for entering...looks like we should have another category for gals like you and Angie this week-end...2 STATE-N IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgrl3 View Post
So the DS and I completed ours today. We didn't run the entire thing, nor did we only walk it. We played the "let's race each other to the next light pole and see who wins" game. There are a lot of light poles lol. It kept him interested, and it was nice to know that my 32 year old body could beat my 9 year old son on about half of themWe overachieved and did approx 6.7K though. He whined a bit in the first 1/2 mile, then he stopped. We counted this as our "date" for the month (usually it's a movie). Thanks to everyone here for being so inspiring!! We'll be doing this again.
What a WONDERFUL way to spend time with your son EARTHGRL!! How cool was that! I am so glad you both had a good time.....TRUE STORY....

My kids have always been active...years ago my daughter had dance classes several nights a week...we could stand outside and watch them through the big window...my son...about the same age as your boy then...would get bored, so he would have me time him on my stop watch as he ran to and back different destinations around the building. Fast forward to today...after many years of high school and college track and field and basketball games....he called about 20 minutes ago to tell me how his high-jumpers ~ triple jumpers and long jumpers did yesterday in the track meet. He coaches the boys and girls jumpers for the high school track team where he teaches at....it goes fassssssssssssssttttttt...enjoy it and keep 'em running!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #154  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

#173 Reporting in!!! I got most in at home, did my stairs 2day 22 times (working up to 100 sets in one day) and did alot of it in place, marching, etc, while doing some arm lifts, etc.. I am back in the habit of wearing my pedometer too so I know exactly what's what.

Woooohooooo!!!!! Thanks for the challenge, glad to see so many enjoying it!!!

Hugs!!!! Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #155  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
Mikella (#39) and I (#38) got our 5K in this morning. It was quite an event. We took our 9yr old ds and 4yr old dd along as well as our house horse (Newfie). DS and DD didn't sign up for the challenge so they don't have #'s. We finished in under an hour which was our goal. The only bad part of the day was when dd lost her Ipod Shuffle. We found the headphones but someone took the shuffle. We were quite the crowd. lol Thank you for getting this together. Can't wait for the next one!
Well heck AHILL...let's give those kids # 218 and # 219! Sounds like you had a great time...keeping families moving...that's what it's all about here!! And what would it be without a little drama anyway right?...boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnloom View Post
Hi Guys....Number 187 & 188 are checking in. Dawn and Alan and 3 pups. We walked 1 mile yesterday and 30 minutes on elliptical machine, then 2 1/2 miles today. I hope this still counts. This was so much fun. I will definitely do this again. Thanks for organizing this. Way to go everyone that attempted this!!!!! Yeah all of us!!!!

Dawn
It ALL counts DAWN!! Every single bit of it!! If there is a way to keep you moving we will find a category for it!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #156  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
#173 Reporting in!!! I got most in at home, did my stairs 2day 22 times (working up to 100 sets in one day) and did alot of it in place, marching, etc, while doing some arm lifts, etc.. I am back in the habit of wearing my pedometer too so I know exactly what's what.

Woooohooooo!!!!! Thanks for the challenge, glad to see so many enjoying it!!!

Hugs!!!! Selina
It is starting to look like you will BE FIT SOONER than you planned on CHICK!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #157  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey! I'm #97. I ran the 5k today on the treadmill after I did my circuits. My time was 30 min and 23 seconds (SOOOOO close to my goal...ugh). This was a really great idea. I found that I pushed myself just that little bit extra to try and get under 30 minutes, and even though I didn't it gives me something to work towards next time! It's still the fastest 5k I've ever run. It's awesome how many people joined in! I wonder how many km we did in TOTAL???
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #158  

Height: 5'7"

54 & 55 finished. We did the first half at the golf course walking hte cart path. It was so cold and windy out there. We came home to warm up a bit and then finished here in town. My legs are numb from the cold but feel like jello at the same time. Its so exciting knowing we did it!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

WOOHOO!!
I finished my first 5k. I did 1.1 miles on the treadmill (belt started slippin') and 2 miles with WATP. It took me 54 minutes here in the wonderful state of Washington. I really didn't think I could do it but it's amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it. Thanks so much EZMoney for hosting this. I might even go for the 5K our town has on the 4th of July!

Last edited by Debbie54; 04-13-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Debbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #160  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi,

I kind of heard about it after, but it happens DH and I went for two great hikes in northern PA this weekend that add up to 5K. What a great idea, I am still feeling the burn in the quadriceps, and a little tight in the calves, but it's a good kind of pain...

It's great to be able to do stuff like this and to imagine what we can do when we get to our goals, we are/going to be awesome!!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Gary, #'s 27, 28, and 29 checking in. I took my 8 and 11 y/o through quite a learning treck through the woods today. We went 3.4 miles. It took us just about 90 minutes. I took them through both familiar and unfamiliar woods. Through the familiar areas I took slightly different routes while trying to make them believe we were in the right place. They caught me every time!!!! I think they made an alliance that from now on mom does not get to lead, because she has no idea where she's going. lol This was terrific. My kids thought it was really cool that so many of mom's e-mail friends were doing the same thing as us today!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #162  
Spiritual Being

S/C/G: 155/152/135

Height: 5' 6''

#121 reporting in - I was unable to do the 5k yesterday, due to Univ of Mphs's Spring Football game (Blue/Grey Game). A girl has to have her priorities! GO TIGERS! So, I did mine this morning around the neighborhood. It took me ~52 minutes, with me running & walking. It was so sweet. My hub & lil dog was waiting for me at the end of my driveway. *sniff*sniff*
rnntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #163  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar87 View Post
Hey! I'm #97. I ran the 5k today on the treadmill after I did my circuits. My time was 30 min and 23 seconds (SOOOOO close to my goal...ugh). This was a really great idea. I found that I pushed myself just that little bit extra to try and get under 30 minutes, and even though I didn't it gives me something to work towards next time! It's still the fastest 5k I've ever run. It's awesome how many people joined in! I wonder how many km we did in TOTAL???
That's what we are looking for ROCKSTAR...looking ahead for your next exercise and of course FUN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debimitch View Post
54 & 55 finished. We did the first half at the golf course walking hte cart path. It was so cold and windy out there. We came home to warm up a bit and then finished here in town. My legs are numb from the cold but feel like jello at the same time. Its so exciting knowing we did it!!!
Great job guys! Stcking it out under tough conditions...just think what you will be able to do when the weather clears up for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
WOOHOO!!
I finished my first 5k. I did 1.1 miles on the treadmill (belt started slippin') and 2 miles with WATP. It took me 54 minutes here in the wonderful state of Washington. I really didn't think I could do it but it's amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it. Thanks so much EZMoney for hosting this. I might even go for the 5K our town has on the 4th of July!
I say JOIN THAT 5K NOW! Angie and I have already signed up for one a year away!! I just hope you aren't down around the tri-cities...Kennewick...on the 4th...HOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Hi,

I kind of heard about it after, but it happens DH and I went for two great hikes in northern PA this weekend that add up to 5K. What a great idea, I am still feeling the burn in the quadriceps, and a little tight in the calves, but it's a good kind of pain...

It's great to be able to do stuff like this and to imagine what we can do when we get to our goals, we are/going to be awesome!!

Glad you found us here...I think you are #'s 220 and 221! And you are so right...maybe one day you and dh will be doing a 5K hike before breakfast!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

#169 reporting here.

I have what I think to be a stress fracture in my shin, so I’ve opted to lay off the running for a little while. Instead I took myself out on an easy 16 mile bike ride through the surrounding farmlands. It was glorious. A warm, sunny, beautiful, clear spring afternoon and I burned 450 calories. Perfect!

Thanks for organizing this Gary. It was a great idea.

And congrats to everyone who has completed a 5k for the first time ever!! Good on you!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #165  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnmom View Post
Hey Gary, #'s 27, 28, and 29 checking in. I took my 8 and 11 y/o through quite a learning treck through the woods today. We went 3.4 miles. It took us just about 90 minutes. I took them through both familiar and unfamiliar woods. Through the familiar areas I took slightly different routes while trying to make them believe we were in the right place. They caught me every time!!!! I think they made an alliance that from now on mom does not get to lead, because she has no idea where she's going. lol This was terrific. My kids thought it was really cool that so many of mom's e-mail friends were doing the same thing as us today!
YIPEE LOVNMOM didn't get lost!! What was cool was mom spending fun...quality time with her kids...THAT'S! what was cool !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnntn View Post
#121 reporting in - I was unable to do the 5k yesterday, due to Univ of Mphs's Spring Football game (Blue/Grey Game). A girl has to have her priorities! GO TIGERS! So, I did mine this morning around the neighborhood. It took me ~52 minutes, with me running & walking. It was so sweet. My hub & lil dog was waiting for me at the end of my driveway. *sniff*sniff*
How sweet rnntn...next time maybe they will join you! Spring football?...priority?...you guys have it rough over there don't you? I think most of the USC FOOTBALL PLAYERS went surfing today!