Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 07:37 PM   #46  
Seeking God's Gold

Default Thursday evening

Hello Everyone!!!!

How is everyone this evening? Whew, after a long day in the "big" city we are finally home. I am so tired. Well, the Dr set DH's angiogram for March 21st. That was the soonest they could do it unless it was an emergency which it isn't at this point. I knew what he would say about doing it since I'm a nurse but when the words came out of his mouth, it seems minutes passed before I could breathe again and the world had just gone right on like nothing had been said. I guess I just know too much about what can and can't happen when this type procedure is done. It scares me so much. I have been the "sick" one all these years (7 surgeries, two babies, and a miscarriage), not my sweet DH, he's the healthy one so we thought.

Thanks so much Pravda~, Tracy~ and Ginny~ for your prayers!!!! I think they are already helping cause I have a peace about this that I didn't have earlier today.

Pravda~ Wow! A heart attack at 34 yrs of age! You occasionally hear of such but I never thought I would know someone or know of them. You know what I mean. And 5 bypasses!!!! Wow, how is your DH now? See the heretity thing is what scares me so much cause DH has that too. His Dad died suddenly at 50. It has really made a big difference in everything my DH does now. He is eating SO good and faithful to walk, run every morning for at least 2 miles. His cardiologist couldn't believe he has lost 17lbs in one month! He said he thought ONE POUND A MONTH was good enough. Well, under the circumstances I totally disagree. Besides in my case, it would have to be a lifetime goal to just make lifetime member.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!! The following post is from a card that I found while I was at Hobby Lobby today so I bought it to keep it close to mind forever and share with you guys.

Talk atcha later!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:44 PM   #47  
Seeking God's Gold

Talking A Prayer for the Blessings of Good Health

A Prayer for the Blessings of Good Health

Dear God,

Thank you for the blessing of good health. Please help me to never take this gift of health for granted.

Please hear my prayer for those less fortunate.

Let me use this gift to benefit all.

Please Help me overcome any temptation that would jeopardize my well-being.

Guide me on a lifetime path that will maintain a healthy mind and body.

Amen.

Printed by Amberley Greeting Card Company
Old 03-07-2002, 10:05 PM   #48  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi there everyone

First off, Sherry, my prayers are with your husband. Thank you Lord for catching this in time! We are so in awe of Your mighty works and praise You for it all.

Ok, now that the important stuff is said......Wow, do I feel GREAT tonight!! I was so on track today, staying within my points (I am doing Weight Watcher's) and did my treadmill. Today, I had my lunch time all planned out and then I was asked to "go out". I paniced at first but then, thought some more about it.....she wanted to go to Teresa's, a home-style cooking place in Fort Worth and I NEVER do good there....always have their patty melt and fried ~ but today, I was EXCELLENT and so proud of myself. Had a turkey club (can you believe that they only put 2 deli-thin slices on it???? HA!), took the middle piece of bread out and had it dry (I put some jalapenos on it...yum). Oh, and no fries. The waitress said "it's the same price"....I said okay, I didn't care since it's not the money, it's the food. Ok, so I am bragging but I feel so great....

Did my treadmill tonight. Still only at 1 mile in 21 minutes but I am sure that I'll speed it up some each time.

Hi to everyone else.....gotta run. TGIF tomorrow.....have a great evening.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/196/148
Old 03-07-2002, 10:56 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry

HI LADIES--
Just a quick note before I take care of some business. Sherry and Wilma especially tonight you are in my prayers concerning your husband/husband's uncle. Life is difficult sometimes--most of the time. Thank the good LORD that HE carries us through.

I will be going to Santa Barbara to watch my daughter and her tennis team tomorrow-FRI, it is 200 miles away. Then back home and about 100 miles away for my son and his track meet. I am sure to have a tired butt!!! But it is always a pleasure no matter the outcome of the matches.

We get the new gym equipment tomorrow---NO MORE EXCUSES.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END LADIES AND TREAT YOURSELVES TO SOMETHING SPECIAL---YOU DESERVE IT!!!!
IN CHRIST--Gary
Old 03-08-2002, 06:50 AM   #50  
Seeking God's Gold

Default I started a nre thread

Hey everyone!!!!!

I started a new thread so come join us at #138.

Come on!!!!!
Closed Thread