Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #16  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hon,
My personal attitude is that most foods are ok, and it is ok to allow myself some less-healthy choices but only in moderation. The reason why I never dieted was because I knew I would never ever be able to live like that for the rest of my life.
What I am following now is I guess a sort of a diet, but it is no-name diet, just a plan that I put together for myself. Lots of fruits and veggies, if carbs than from fruit and whole-wheat products, less red meat and more fish, etc. But, the sky want fall down if I have a schnitzel once in a while. I even had pizza the other day (but I ate a lot less than what I would normally have). And, if I feel like I ate something I should not have, my strategy is to burn some more calories (through exercise) that day and forget about it.
Heck, I am sure one day I will have a McMeal again (although right now, I am not tempted) - life goes on.
Don't despair - we all have good and not so good days, just focus on the positive changes that you have made so far.

Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Caroline, how are you doing today? I am also struggling. But doesn't it help to have all these fantastic people who are doing it, succeeding, reaching out to give us encouragement.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'5

I knew I could never give up chocolate or cheese when i started dieting, so I work that in EVERY day. Just an ounce or so each of the really good stuff and I make sure to stop and savor it completely =)

Just knowing that it's waiting for me at dinner keeps me (most of the time in check during the day because I don't feel deprived.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!
molly135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #19  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
IT'S BETTER TO DO THIS FOREVER THAN TO HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!
Wow Beach.......... thank you that is very powerful... I love it...Thank you
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #20  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for reminding me this change is a choice. I am choosing to make my life a healthier one. I don't HAVE to.-- that does feel so oppressive. I'm glad to have the reminder. Sometimes it is easy to forget.

thx 3fc members!

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #21  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
Caroline, how are you doing today? I am also struggling. But doesn't it help to have all these fantastic people who are doing it, succeeding, reaching out to give us encouragement
Vermont, you are absolutely correct about this site... I remain on OP and despite some really bad days, never really went off... I'm doing much better...I have proven to myself that if I come in here daily to read and post, It will definitely be easier to keep going...
As suggested by 'seasoned' chics, I have changed my food options. I'm was sick of chicken and always wanted something else... so this week I bought lean pork chops,some fish and a lean steak... I thought it was a pain to prepare fresh veggies, I will do frozen for awhile, budget-wise it will even itself out... And instead of 'fighting' with myself over whether to eat a 'bad' food, instead of saying NO.. NO...NO you CAN'T... I said to myself OK, go ahead you can have it in a few minutes, twas very weird, but giving myself permission to have it without a fuss diffused the craving for the moment... every time I thought of eating it, I said OK a little later, I distracted myself and 'later' just never came.
I'm playing all kinds of mind games until this rough patch is over. I don't care what it takes.......I know I'll face temptation every day but I'm hoping I only have to 'fight' this hard every once in awhile. I know now that I can practically tip the wagon over and still hang on... Thank you 3FC's
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #22  
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

Default just for today

I know that the 12 step sayings were mentioned, but that is what I need. I'm only doing this for today. I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Not only am I a recovering alcoholic, I'm also a compulsive overeater (some binge/purge past behavior). I've been sober for 15 1/2 yrs and I don't want to drink, but it is still a scary thought of never drinking again, so I stay in today.

Food is more difficult for me now. Lots of times of I feel satisfied and happy I'm on this road. But other times I feel like "Oh my God! How am I going to do this?" I haven't even started an exercise routine yet, which is a definite goal.

Good topic.
Amy
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote