Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #46  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgirl View Post
"peachcake" and "darkblue" you are Ferrari's too??? I carry ALL my weight in the boobs and stomache! It's SO HARD to find jeans cause if they fit on the waste they are unbelieveably saggy in the legs and butt! I heard a great 'philosopher' say, "Some men like a little junk in the truck, well I'm a high end sports car! My trucks in the front!" Just thought I'd share it cause it made me smile! Here's to healthy waistlines to come!
I wish i had the confidence to call myself a high end sports car and not an old school beat up VW bug with the trunk in the front!!

Most of my weight is in my stomach... so i get that "oooh i look HOTTT" from the front... then i turn to the side... EEEK!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #47  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

This is me too....my pants are either REALLY tight in the waist, or look like baggy boy jeans everywhere else. I am finally letting go of my low rise days and realizing that if I wear higher waisted jeans, the look is much more flattering...it's just taking some getting used to

And pengy, you're not alone. Some days I convince myself that I really just need to tone a little bit, but that I'm happy right where I am weight-wise. On those days, I think that "dieting" will be the greater of two evils because it makes me miserable. But then other days I feel like I would go through ANYTHING to lose the weight and I can hardly bare to look in the mirror. AHHH! So anyways, I have decided to keep a food journal and be accountable for the bad choices I make...but not be too hard on myself either. If I mess up, I move on THE NEXT TIME I EAT...not say "screw the whole week" or whatever. And I'm making a point to keep moving thoughout the day...whether that's a walk, playing outside with my boys and our dog, or doing leg lifts while I'm standing at the microwave waiting for my tea water

I'm NOT dieting....I'm just making a choice to live healthy.....
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default I really think I am in denial

.... but I wonder what people see? I have been asked if I am pregnant and I see my belly sticking out put I am sure I am not really realistic about what I look like. The mirror is not my friend but as always I am back on track for today and will take it one meal at a time because I refuse to be ashamed anymore!!!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #49  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Geesh... wow... I'm an inch shorter than you and weighed 50 pounds heavier at my highest... and I (honestly) never got mean comments about my weight. Never. I IMAGINED a lot, I was self-conscious and always WORRIED people were saying things... but I never got them.

I've always been able to carry my weight well and even at 302 pounds (6'1") I was in a 20 pant. But carrying your weight well only goes so far. So I knew that I looked not my greatest... but I always knew I was still pretty (the fat hadn't gotten to the point where it was fluffing up my face too badly---again, thanks to my height, I really believe!!!)

And again, like others... I had a harder time seeing the weight LOSS that others saw! 5 years back I dieted down from a size 18 / 250 pounds to a size 14, 215 pounds... and looked excellent (from those few photos I have back then) But I never knew it. I had a hard time seeing it. I could FEEL it... but didn't see it.

Weird, huh?
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #50  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I don't get mean comments a lot (probably because I'm big enough to put a serious beat down on most people ) , but I was called a "fat a**" by a co-worker in front of a few other people. I wanted to just crawl away and die of humiliation and cry my eyes out, but had to sit there and pretend it didn't faze me.

Like you, I do carry my weight well because I'm so tall. But, I think it helps me to ignore the fact that I am overweight and don't look so wonderful anymore.

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 03-06-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have to say that when anyone throws fat at me in an argument, I tend to yell "what the ___ does my being fat have to do with it?" If I'm really mad, I'll as something like "you ___, but I didn't drag that into this (filling the blank with smell bad, are bald, impotent, ugly.... whatever I think will hit the hardest).

I think the question has pretty much been interpreted as "are you aware of how fat you really are?" And since this is 3FC that makes quite a bit of sense, and probably was what was intended. But do you think anyone has a true perception of how attractive they are? Do thin ugly people know they are ugly, what makes them ugly, and how truly ugly they are (ooh - that sounds horrible to say, doesn't it? probably shouldn't even think that should we?), but why isn't it just as horrible to think about ourselves.

I don't give a fig about how I look to the world anymore, the populous at large can kiss my big butt if they don't like it. I spent far too many years trying to become "acceptable looking," doing crazy things to try to achieve it quickly and destroying my health in the process. I'm finally putting myself truly first and looking at my long term health and quality of life.

I don't care that fat isn't considered beautiful. Neither is buck teeth and thick glasses. But since fat is considered more than unattractive, it's considered "nasty" and contemptible a sign of laziness and stupidity - that's harder to deal with. Being socially acceptable (or in some cases, even ignorable) can be such a pressure that it can cause desperation. And that I think is wrong. I don't think any fat person should be "desperate" to lose weight quickly - because it often leads to doing very stupid things, that often only result in becoming fatter, sadder, and more desperate.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #52  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That co-worker's comment was completely inappropriate, and I'm wondering why you had to pretend it didn't faze you. Anyone who would call me a "fat a**" would be taking a big chance!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #53  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
That co-worker's comment was completely inappropriate, and I'm wondering why you had to pretend it didn't faze you. Anyone who would call me a "fat a**" would be taking a big chance!

Jay
I have to agree with this - COMPLETELY inappropriate!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that...but you can turn those moments into your inspiration, and when it's all over (you're at goal), say "Look at me now!"!! I truly wish you (and all the ladies on here!) the BEST of luck
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #54  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Ah yes... you're right. You WOULD put them in their place. Some people would. I am a big, tall, strong woman... you can say ANYTHING To me and I will argue and fight 'til I'm the last one standing.

I have one... one tiny little weak spot... and that's "F-A-T". When that's thrown on the table, I turn into a squirmy, pathetic, tearful little baby. I just can't stand my ground when it happens.

(thank god it hasn't really happened). But the time or two is has come close or been hinted at the air just gets punched right out of me.

Sad, but true...
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #55  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
That co-worker's comment was completely inappropriate, and I'm wondering why you had to pretend it didn't faze you.
Because he's one of those people who gets off on being a jerk to others, and if he knew he'd found a weak spot of mine he'd be sure to use it over and over.

But, I found his sore spot during that little exchange: I simply called him a midget (he's about 5' tall) and he didn't like that at all.

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 03-07-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #56  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Well.... hmmmm... I am kinda "the opposite" ... I think I look WAY WORSE than I actually do (according to my "loved ones"!!)

I mean.... I am technically short ... and I weigh 190. How can I NOT look dumpy??? BUT... I have been a weight lifter since 1982 - that's 16 years of lifting, so I do have muscles! - and muscle weighs more than fat... so I may not look QUITE 190... but OMG, I am.

And of course on the DOWN SIDE... I realize how far I have to go & it's soooo daunting!!! Waaaahhh.

However, this is the main reason why I like seeing my avatar.... me, in August 2005. It reminds me of what I KNOW I CAN DO when I get really fed-up, & really serious about my health & my body. I know I can do it. I've done it before. Just sometimes it seems like the journey is too far, & I'm too tired to make it this time. But then I try try again. I may "quit" for a while, but I will NEVER give up!!!

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #57  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Guilty as charged! I know that there are plenty of times that I've checked my look in the mirror and thought...not too shabby! And then my lovely sister took a photo of my dad and I looking for shells on vacation...HOLY COW!!! My butt is huge, and such a flattering shot (bent at the waist w/ my rear in the air) I needed a "Wide Load" sign posted back there!

Seeing that pic was definately an eye opener for me. Now I find myself doing the same as some of you-standing in fromt of the mirror in my undies and examining every lump and bump and stretchmark. Hmmm, maybe my mind's eye needs some glasses!!!
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 223/217/150

Hmm... can I be kinda guilty??

I think my perception of how I look is fairly accurate as far as the front of me. But once I saw a picture my sister took of me from behind and I was appalled by how wide I was! My hips and butt were huge! :O Even my sister mentioned I look a lot skinnier from the front.

Funny though, I might have an alright perception on how my body is shaped - but people often point out that how attractive/pretty I think I am is way skewed. I tend to think I'm not so attractive, but I've had people tell me otherwise - just proves that while I might have one area of body image under control, the other is a mess!
BlueDrgnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I completely hate having pictures taken of me. Hate it, would rather slam my fingers in the car door.

The mirror is bad enough.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #60  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

"Are you in denial about how you really look?"

Na, I figured out I was fat all on my very own!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote