Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #1  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Default feeling tired

I'm feeling tired today. No energy at all. I need to get up and get going but I just don't feel like it. I did good on my breakfast and didn't cheat or anything, I'm just feeling really really tired. We are supposed to go out as a family today to get the kids some toys so hopefully that'll help me get up and get going. Need inspiration and motivation.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

i find that when I'm tired there really isn't anything special or specific that gives me that "get up and go!" You just have to DO IT! Push yourself to do it regardless of whether you "feel like it" or not because the truth is there are going to be LOTS of days when you just don't feel like it and if you give in to each and every one you're not going to get anywhere.

Hope you start feeling better!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #3  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Ughh I feel the same way today. I don't know if it's the weather or what but my hip is killing me! (I broke it in May.) I just want to curl up in bed and even if I don't sleep, just lay there with my eyes closed. I think I have been pushing myself a bit too hard with the exercise lately. I tend to believe that if you are unusually tired or whatever, you should listen to your body. Though sometimes you do just have to push yourself through it like wisher said.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

tk, I'd like to ask, have you seen a doctor? You could have depression--not the situational kind, but the chronic kind that can be treated with medication. It's something that might be worth looking into if you often feel like this.

Other than that, all I can say is that it's probably normal to feel tired from time to time (but not all the time). Have you been restricting your foods for long? You might need a multivitamin. And it wouldn't hurt to have your doctor check for anemia.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

If you're tired you should rest, if you're depressed then you should probably force yourself to get up and get moving. When I feel blue it helps a lot to make myself take a shower get dressed and go outside. Somedays I'm just tired though and I rest all day, it feels good to just take a day and relax. During certain times of the month I start to feel a little down and it always seems to help to put on some make up and get moving. I hope you feel better soon!!
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/163/135

Height: 5'4"

I'd add that if you go to see a doctor, ask to get your thyroid checked as well, as you could be hypothyroid...especially if your hair or nails feel different (thinner, weaker), you feel "foggy" mentally, or if you have an increased sensitivity to cold.
Erinyes74 is offline   Reply With Quote