Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

awwww....thanks for the support guys. Ya'll always look out for me, even when i don't seem to think i need it. That's why i love this place.

Veggielover...yes...tell us more. You have our curiousity peaked!!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #32  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I'm not at my goal weight yet, but I find I get treated a little better in stores now than I did 83 pounds ago. For instance, I went into a store recently where two male salesmen both came over to see if I needed any help...before I used to go into the same store and no one would even notice me. I find that a lot of male salespeople will go to greater lengths to help..one man put on his coat and went out to the warehouse at a hardware store just to get me one container of wipes I needed.

I get more attention from men than I used to. My attitude is alot more positive now and that could account for it as well, and I am more flirty and bold.

Friends and family don't treat me any differently, but they do give a lot of encouragement. I live in a small town, and work in a bigger (but still small) town where everyone knows everybody else. A lot of people have stopped to tell me they've noticed the weight loss and asked me how I am doing it, and tell me I'm an inspiration, which is nice.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:29 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 330lb/165lb/155lb

Height: 5'6"

wow what a huge topic. It makes a huge differentce, the comments people make are insightful at times, and good and bad.

Ive heard things that would have totally made me loose the weight had i heard it when i was larger, like my daughter saying innocently 'i like it now you are skinny, now people dont hassle me about my fat mum at school'.

Another friend said once 'wow now you can see your eyes, before they were just slits and now you have a neck!' *grrr* lol
One workmate suddenly went from hating me and treating me like some fat cow to suddenly being my best mate, then realizing i had lost tons of weight and he was still fat went back to hating me a few months later.
Some friends who tolerated me as i was before, suddenly dont tolerate me and claim that the weight loss has somehow magicly changed my personalty, we are no longer friends (he was an idiot anyway .. kinda glad hes gone now!)
My mother now hates me, and does everything she can to turn the rest of the family against me (shes very controlling, cant stand people doing something she cant or doesnt allow them .. shes also very overweight).

My good friends are still good friends though - and in fact love to boast to their other friends.My husband and kids love it, its made a huge change to our lifestyle.

Overall, im glad i lost it, even with the bad side and saggy skin/no boobs, its worth it 100% and i wish id done it earlier

Last edited by wishes; 12-23-2007 at 01:29 AM.
wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #34  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

wishes U R Cool!!!!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote