Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/192/135

Height: 5 ft 7in

Default getting motivated again..help me! need advice

this is my first time ever using a support sytem and i feel like i really need support more now than ever. I'm here living with my aunt and my cousin so i can go close to the gym everyday without any problems and their both skinny so it sooooo hard to stay motivated eating carrots and fruits while their eating pizza and buffalo chicken. and so hard going to the gym while their laying on the couch watching movies. Ive lost 34lbs so far but i started eating burgers again...i keep waiting for the next day to start over...and i find myself envying my cousin for just being skinny right now....why couldn't i just be that way....ugh please help me find motivation...
Pretty2Beautiful24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I was having a little spell of that, and came here asking for ideas to jump-start my motivation. The best thing I did was read through the stories of some of that people who have reached their goals. If that doesn't get you all fired up, I don't know what will!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Honey, I agree with JANIE; reading the success stories here are the best motivators. But, don't forget that you have achieved a lot already; 34 lbs is nothing to sneeze at; that is a great accomplishment in itself ...

GOOD FOR YOU ~

Don't get worried about some hamburgers; start again today with a healthy breakfast (like cereal with milk + fruit); lunch ~ soup or salad and a whole grain sandwich; and have a balanced dinner.

You can have a hamburger for dinner; the point is one with a salad. You can have 1 or 2 small slices of pizza with a salad; again have this on occasion only. The chicken wings with salad and/or veggies should be fine in themselves.

You don't have to stop eating everything you like to lose weight; just watch your portions and have your favorites only once a week. You haven't blown it; you would have to continue eating excessive amounts of fast foods for some time to do that. So, hang in there ...

REMEMBER ~ Each new day brings with it, another chance to continue on ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-22-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with Justwant2Bhealthy that you don't have to give up all the foods you like when losing weight--but you DO have to be accountable. That means, keeping track of what you're eating and not kidding yourself about it.

I agree that a hamburger is fine if you don't have the bun and don't add mayo. Or, you can add a bun and mayo, but that's all for dinner. You can always have tomato and lettuce with it, but leave out the cheese. Start thinking in terms of how to keep the calories down.

Some foods are too easy for me to overeat, though, so I try not to eat them at all for now. That may change, but I'd just as soon stay away and not have them in the house.

You've already lost 34 pounds, and that is really good! Just hang in there and take advantage of that good gym!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I would agree that you can eat some of that other stuff from time to time, the burgers and the wings. But you DO have to be careful to watch those portions.

It IS hard to do this sometimes. Especially when those around us seem to be eating without a care in the world. But hey, you've lost 34 lbs!!! No small change there! Congratulations. Just think how much worse you would feel and look if you still had those pounds on you. Just think how much better you'd feel if you could continue losing. You're doing this for you. So you can have a healthier and better life. You've got to keep this in mind at all times. There are always going to be people around you who are not choosing the healthiest way and you can't let that deter you. You need to do what you need to do in order to obtain the life that you want - and deserve. Hang tough - it's so very worth it.

Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hey Pretty2beautiful24, and !

This site is AMAZING for inspiration and motivation; I remember when I first started losing weight, I had NO support from anyone. Like you, I have skinny people all around me - skinny friends, skinny girlfriend, and a skinny sister. They ALL eat WHATEVER they want to and NEVER gain weight. Oink, oink! I can't speak for all of them, but I know that when I ate like my girlfriend (who is 5'10" and 125 pounds), I gained 50 pounds and went from a size 4 to a size 14. Oooooops. I had some chunky neighbors who kept *saying* they wanted to lose weight and work out with me, but they all were too lazy, so I decided I just had to do it myself.

Anyway, posting on this site has been so beneficial for me because it gave me the support that I couldn't find in everyday life. It's hard to fail when you have so many people gathered together supporting you with the same goal in mind. We're ALL obsessed with losing weight (in a healthy way, of course!) so you can talk about it all you want to here without anyone getting annoyed at you. THAT'S always a plus, right?

As for junk food, you can eat it in moderation. If you omit it entirely (at least from my experiences), you're setting yourself up for failure because you'll just get upset over what you've decided you "can't" have. It is SO easy to QUICKLY rack up calories with fast food, though... did you know that one fast food meal with a cheeseburger and french fries totals to nearly 1,000 calories?! In my opinion, that is not even CLOSE to enough food for 1,000 calories, so just be careful.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote