Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 08:52 AM   #16  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I guess I better get my to to in here and write before I get throughed out of the group. Sat. at my house is no different than the rest of the week. Hubby left for work at 3:30 and I set down in a chair and went back to sleep. I don't remember if I told you all or not, but my puter is making some strange sounds, or it was. I've been leaving it on for 3 days now. When I would starte it up in the mornings it was really having a time getting geared up for the day, kind a like myself. So I'm leaving it on now, and it sounds better. I'll have to reboot once in a while to keep it going, but it does better if it's warm already. I never did get back in here yesterday like I had planned to, but I'm here now.

Sally~~So You dh ties up the puter when he's home. When I first got this one mine would get on it from time to time, but he hasn't touched it for 2 years. Really the only thing he learned to do was get the weather in Canada. I thank he felt like he couldn't do it as well as I could so he just wouldn't do it at all. You know how the babies are! I guess you've got the girls all settled down in the new school. How are they doing? Was there any need for you to worry?

Tobey~~It sounds like your life is going about like mine, just the same ol same ol everyday. We was in such a rush before Christmas and now it's dropped down to nothing. You know your saying freezing and my saying deadening makes me thank of the first time we went to Canada fishing. We was there for 3 weeks so we had to do some laundry. We as around about where to find a place to do some laundry. I'm going to spell these words the way they sound or the point of the story will be lost. Two different people told us to go to the stop light and over by the "gridge". Well we ask for a repeat, but it was still "gridge." The best we could figure, they meant a grade in the lay out of the land. You know somewhere between a grade and ridge. Do you know what they was saying???? Garage...We found it but only by luck. By the way I went to Google and got myself a shocker....I typed in animation gif...I got up a few things, of of which said...so help me..."Help your fellow man out." It was two gay guys helping each other out. So help me god. I know google will get busy now from everyone reading this going over and checking out what I seen. It ain't pretty.

Renee~~Welcome back and I'm wishing you all the luck in getting back on plan a losing some weight. Come back often.

Skeeter~~The more I write on this board today the more I get. It seems like I have answered all these post before. I went to my drafts to see if I had maybe copied them and already started to answer them..no. I'm losing my cotton picking mind. What did you buy at the flea market yesterday. Or was you selling? If I had of taken a picture of hubby leaping off the boat he would have throwed it a way. Tetras have met thier waterloos. I'm kind a used to killing fish. If something gets on my nerves, I don't have a lot of problems getting rid of them. I just couldn't keep them and let them kill the others. They been replaced already. I have all the fish I'm going to get. If I get the babies big enough and they are pretty enough I'll keep 3 or 4 of them. I lost another one last night. I'm treating water for ick again and it may be a bit hard on them. The crap the female had is going away.

Jen~~I'm so glad to hear someone else was having problems getting in here. I was thanking it was my puter. I'm having the same problem of getting my butt in gear every morning, I'm not doing much until noon. I've got to get out of that habit. Don't feel like you have to write everyone every time you come in here. We all know that you have a job outside the home and it takes time to write. Just come in and say hi, that is fine with me...well write to us once in a while. You may be lazy of a morning, but I can tell you that cleaning carpets if a big job. I need to clean my couch, but I just dread starting.

After talking about needing to get off my rump and get started a little eariler of a morning, thats what I'm going to do. It's about 8 am and if I start now just look how much more I can get done today. Have a good week end every body. I almost had a heart attack just now. I write in outlook and then copy and paste onto the reply page. I hi lited it and by mistake I hit delete and not copy....damn...but just discovered that there is a undo botton. Thank goodness.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:43 PM   #17  

Good morning gals. I finally managed to pull my rear out of bed this morning at 11:10. What is my deal this week??? Whatever, I wish it would stop. Anywhooo, dear bf is coming over this afternoon, so I have to vacuum up all of the cat and dog hair. He would never be able to stand to live with this many.

Marlana- I guess you are the only one in here yet today, so that makes it really easy for me!! What a slacker I've been lately! Sounds like you had a real "sight" on your puter. Don't worry, I didn't tie up google looking for it. That's way down on my list of things I need to do! How would you like to get into a "challenge" of sorts to motivate us again???

I should get my butt going, things to do, etc., etc,

Jen
Old 01-12-2002, 01:14 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone,

I think I'm going to live. This was the crappiest cold. Even the last two times I got sick not all that long ago, I didn't feel as bad. I was so tired I just didn't want to do much of anything. I managed to only miss a half days work this week but I really had to force myself to get up and get going the other days. Theres just alot going on at work, end of the year stuff that has to be done.

I've got to go out and do something today. I'm just tired of being a slug. So, I'm going to the used book store and getting some groceries.

I tried to come in Thursday to write but the forum was shut down and last night, well, I dont even think I got on to check my email.

Marlana, I use that undo button quite often at work. Yesterday I was having so many problems with a letter, Word just wasnt working right and luckily the undo was there so I could get the letter back to where it started. I was really frustrated. My dh has gone up a size almost 2 in his clothes to. Most of it is in his gut. I've never seen it this big before. He keeps saying he is going to start working out to get rid of it but he's been like me, to lazy.

Jen, gosh, sounds like your really busy at work. Why so many patients lately? Someone must of wanted you orange pretty bad to just take it. That happens where I work to. I very seldom use the fridge there cause I've had food stolen to.

Skeeter, I am glad you hubby likes the dreamcicle pudding so well and using the sf/ff ingredients, well, its really not bad for you. I've not had luck with doubling everyingthing. I will get the large pudding and large jello but only use the 12 oz Cool Whip and I use 1 1/2 cups of water instead of two because it doesn't seem to want to set up as well. I prefer using the sf/ff but when I make it for a get together, not everyone else likes it. I think its more orangey tasting using the sf jello.

Renee, hey, great to see you again. Oh, I've got to get on that scale to. I just haven't been able to make myself do it. And I'm not totally on a food program but I'm trying to watch it and its helped a little bit. I kinda had a plan in mind but I'm still looking for something else that will really get me going. I'm really glad your back.

Tobey, Are you running any marathons this weekend? I'm getting the weights out today and plus my ab machine. I can at least do something even tho I really need to do some cardiovascular stuff. I just don't feel up to something really rigorous yet.

Sally, hows the little man and the mutts doing? There is someone at work who calls her kids the mutts and I always think of you when I hear her. I have to agree with you about our dh's gaining weight, we do look smaller!!!!

Well, I've got to get my fanny moving and get out of this house. Take care and I'll be back later.
Old 01-12-2002, 01:48 PM   #19  
American Chick!

Afternoon Ladies!
How's everyone this afternoon? Happy weekend! I've got my house CLEAN....now if it would stay that way more than 2 hours. The mutts & little man went out shopping, so I cleaned without it getting undone right behind me.
Jeff's colon test came out wonderfully--excuse the pun. But he didn't have anything wrong with him, which was a relief to everyone. Now if he would only quit
I need to run and take a shower so I can go grocerying.....have a wonderful weekend everyone, and I'll talk to you all Monday.
Love, Sally
Old 01-12-2002, 10:50 PM   #20  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I have had an incredibly busy past 3 days. We went to town on Thursday to find a new recliner and I had to have some blood work done and an x-ray and EKG. It was a 12 hour trip for us. I got all my medical stuff taken care of and shopped at every large furniture store in Ocala. We didn't get a recliner but we are now the proud owner of a big screen TV. It will be delivered on Monday. No furniture store could get us a recliner in less than 2 weeks and most were averaging 35 days for delivery.
On Friday we headed back to town with our friends for a day at the flea market. We learned that there was a Lazy Boy Gallery within 2 miles of the flea market so stopped there first. Within 15 minutes of parking in front of the store we were driving away with a new recliner loaded in the van. I love that store.

Jen~Sounds like you have been really busy also. That is a drastic change from 9 patients to 28 and more trying to get in. Must be very hectic at work. Do you work ICU or are your patients in rooms? Hubby is going to get his big TV in time for Super Bowl. I am anxious to see some Olympics on that big thing. I sure hope your dog is feeling better. Sick puppies are not very much fun.

JoJo~It's good to hear that you are feeling better. We all seem to be healed in this house. I'm trying to type this and watch figure skating too. It is not easy. Michelle is back in her winning form!!!! I missed her last night but heard that she won. Tonight she won the short program and just skated a beautiful free skate and even got 2 perfect scores in presentation. You know how unusual that is because she skated first. Sara Hughes is skating now. She skated really well and scored really low. I guess the judges didn't like her program very much. I appears that Michelle has won this one. Hurray. I'm going to have some dreamcicle as soon as I finish this.

Marlana~It's good to hear that your fish is getting well. I have started using the aquarium salt and Aquarisol in the water. Let's hope that it works as a good preventative of these crazy diseases. I think that you are doing really good with those babies. You've only lost 2 of them so far and that sounds great to me. We walked for hours at that flea market yesterday and only bought a few things. We got our friends a really nice wind chime as a house warming gift for their cabin that they just bought. It had a really good tone. She tried them all and found one that she really liked. I had already devised a plan with my husband and showed him the one she wanted without her seeing. He sneaked back a little later and bought the one she wanted and she will love it. This one was actually $13 cheaper than the first ones that we found and looked exactly the same. It's the big ones made with pipes and sound so good.

Sally~I also cleaned house today. I finished the other bathroom, computer room and two bedrooms. Tomorrow I have to start back in the master bath again but only the regular weekly type cleaning. All the once a year deep cleaning is done. Everything will still be shining when my mom arrives Monday. Good news about your husband. I hope he can kick the habit. It is really hard. Occasionally, I still get the urge to light up but it is not a very strong urge anymore and very controllable.

Hello to Tobey, Carol and Renee. I hope that you are having a good weekend. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:19 AM   #21  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Happy Sunday Morning to you all...I've been messing with this puter all morning. Can't do something I was doing with stationery and I do not know why. It's moving slower than lassies too.

Jen~~I don't know what the deal with wanting to sleep all the time is, but I've got it bad. If I get still for a min. I'll go to sleep. I'm trying to sleep setting here typing. OK girl us have a challenge just in our group. Today is 1-13..It's a month until Valentine's day. I'm going to try and lost 10 pounds. Name your goal. I sure hope it helps. I'll post it at the bottom too, in case anyone else wants to join in.

Jo Jo~~Boy good to see your feeling better. Been missing you around here. Life get tough when all you want to do is lay around and your too tired to get up and do anything. I thank laying around makes me tired. The more I sleep the more I want to sleep. Hubby will lose 5 pounds today, he can't have anything except clean liquids. He has test at the hospital in the morning. The good news is I don't have to cook and that will help me get started back on food plan. One day is one day.

Sally~~My hubby is having a colon test in the morning and as I told Jo Jo I don't have to cook today, I have no excuse for overeating today. I hate cleaning house with someone here. Don't know if it will ever get cleaned when dh retires.
Skeeter~~Good thing you got a new chair, you need to set down and rest one day. I guess not today, since your Mom is coming tomorrow. The boy at the new pet store said maybe I should use more salt to help keep away disease. He said 1 T.spoon per 5 gal. Right now I'm using 1 rounded T.spoon per 5 gal. He may be right, but I don't want to kill the little buggers. I've got too much money in them. No dead babies this morning. We have one of those chimes made from conduit pipe. Someone made it for hubby back when he was a boss at work. he got all kinds of things then, now that he told them to shove the boss's job, he don't get anything, not even respect.

I need to do something here before I fall out in the floor asleep. Jen wants a challenge so she and I have one going, join us if you would like. It's going until Feb. 14th. I'm going to lose 10 pounds. I'm adding an attachment that I don't know what it is, the words was right.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:23 AM   #22  
~~Senior Member~~Really

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I did taste.
The holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared.

The wine and the rum balls;
the bread and the cheese,
and the way I'd never said,
"No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my
husband's old shirt, and prepared
once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself,
as only I can,
"You can't spend a
winter disguised as a man!

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I will only chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm starving, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Old 01-13-2002, 07:38 PM   #23  

Hello Everyone

Quick post tonight. We just got home and I've got to figure something out for supper. Dh twisted his ankle as he was walking up the basement steps at his moms and fell down the stairs. Luckily he didn't hurt anything except his ankle. I had to take him over to the Urgent Care to get it xrayed to make sure nothing was broke. The radiologist said it looked like a small piece of bone pulled away but nothing major. He has to take it easy tomorrow and wear one of those funky shoes but can go back to work Tuesday.

Anyway, I'm kinda tired tonight. I didn't go to bed till almost 2 a.m. and got up before 9:00. I plan to sit back and read the rest of the evening. I just wanted to come in and say hello and I'll post to you tomorrow. Take care everyone.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:50 AM   #24  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I'm replying...but I have no idea if anyone will see it. Something is wrong with the boards...Once I couldn't get in yesterday...But then I know I read a post that Jen posted and I thank Skeeter and Tobey...What happened to thier post? Jo Jo's post is still there, but I just got a email from her saying she couldn't get into the boards. I'm a bit confused to say the least. Hubby has got diverticulosis (spelled wrong). Everything his folks has he's getting. So he has to go on a high fiber diet. I'm now making brand muffins for his breakfast. I ate one last night and dang...they are good. If anyone has any brand muffins receipes post them for me or send them in email. Something else for me to have to try and stay out of. I didn't get in to see the doctor yesterday. I'm suppost to go Wed. I may cancel. Well no one to write to. So I'm out of here. Hope this thing get going soon.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:11 PM   #25  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Greetings everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR! [better late than never!] I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I’ve been gone for so long I’ll never get all the old posts read so I’ll just start from this one we are working on. We had a great time in Michigan over Christmas [I even had a White Christmas] and then Mom came and stayed with us through New Year. She has agreed to allow us to hire some help for her during the week and then we take turns covering on the weekend. With the help it generally allows us to spend some quality time with her and get the grocery shopping done and menu planned for the next week. For now it seems to be working out OK. She has also found a senior apartment she seems to like so we have started the application process and are making plans to sell the house. Needless to say there have been some big changes in the last 30 days and there will be more in the coming months.

Weight wise I was, all in all, not too bad over the holidays. When I weighted in on the 2nd I was up 4lbs. [that was 2 weeks from the last weight-in] and as of today I’ve taken 2.6 of it back off. It was somewhat of a struggle to get myself back OP but I believe I have turned the corner and now have about 2 weeks of good exercising and food management under my belt. I have set a goal of being at my ultimate weight for my birthday [April 4th]. Next Tuesday I’m going to a special WW Meeting here in Richmond, VA with Fergie, the Duchess of York. It was to have been held back in mid or late September but got postponed after 9-11. It should be fun!

Work is work, the vote on the merger is set for Monday January 28th so we should have some idea as to what will be done with our jobs around the first of February. Needless to say there are many rumors flouting around. As I told hubby with everything that is going on in our lives right now I’m just focusing on those that I have some control over and will worry about the rest when I come to that bridge. Speaking of hubby, he is also trying to follow the WW plan as his weight and cholesterol were up when he saw the Dr. in mid-December and all his pants seemed to have gotten smaller

Well got to get back to work…I've really missed you all!

Marybeth
241/187/161
Old 01-15-2002, 04:31 PM   #26  

Hi All

Okay – I did post yesterday and now all my profound words are lost somewhere out in cyber space! I can’t even remember what I wrote by now.

Today was another fun morning at the dentist. It is so bad, all of the girls in the office know me by sight now! Had another filling done – just the bottom this time so my eyes lid didn’t freeze (or deaden – for Marlana) open. Now all that is left is my crown and my wisdom teeth. They sent in the predetermination to my insurance company for my crown today. I am holding my breath. I think my insurance will only cover 50% of it. Not good news when it is going to cost over $1,000. YIKES. Oh well that teaches me for putting off going to a dentist for all these years.

Marlana: Sorry to hear about hubby. Can I ask what is “diverticulosis (spelled wrong).” Maybe Jen can help out with an explanation. If you need any high-fibre suggestions or recipes, just ask. I try to eat a very high-fibre, low-fat diet and as you know I to cook. I tried out a new bran muffin recipe just last night. I haven’t given them the taste test yet though. If they are any good, I’ll post the recipe. I hope they are good, as they have less than 1 gram of fat and are only 96 calories per muffin (117 if you add raisins – which I would have done but was all out).

Mb: Glad to hear that your holidays were so nice. Gee we didn’t even get a white Christmas here and the rate we are going I’m not even sure there will be snow for Valentine’s Day. That some goods news about your mom. You also seem to have really gotten yourself on track. Good for you! That WW meeting sounds fantastic. I am sure you will have a real blast. Did you have a chance to read Marlana’s post from earlier? It seems that her hubby’s pants also shrunk. Seems to be a conspiracy. Glad you are back. I love reading your posts – you have such any amazing attitude.

Well I must be off. We are meeting friends for ours for dinner. Hey while I am thinking of it, has anyone tried using fitday.com? I have just started and think it is great. I have been eating out too much lately so I have been using it to plan out my meals to make sure that I balance every okay. As we all know – moderation is key. Anyway, I have found that the database is great. It even had vegetarian sushi listed in it!

This attachment is the only part of yesterday’s post that I have left.

Tobey
Old 01-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #27  

Hi Everyone.

It was so nice to go to my favorites and click the link for the support boards and get right in. I was so frustrated yesterday cause websites would not load correctly or not at all.

Well, we got some upsetting news today and I'm not sure if I feel like talking about it. I think I need to think it thru for awhile. Needless to say, I don't have a lot to say right now. I just don't feel like talking. So give me a few days and I'll come back and talk to you all. Talk to you soon.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:42 PM   #28  

Hey gals. I did post yesterday. What in the world is going on here???? I really don't have much time to write, I'm in the middle of working 2 of those lovely 12 hr night shifts. I would normally just be getting out of bed now, but the nurse who does the schedule took it upon herself to call me and wake me up to see if I wanted to go in at 3 pm instead. Did she not see me there until 7:30 this morning??? I was so mad, I went off on her. Then I couldn't sleep, so I've had about 3 1/2 hrs of sleep today. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the night. And my day off tomorrow is surely wasted on sleep. I guess I won't be breaking my back to do them any favors anymore! Sorry I'm in such a cruddy mood today. On the brighter side, I did absolutely wonderful with a healthy plan yesterday. 25 min on the stepper, strength training, and no cookies or candy! I'll check in with you gals tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel better.

Jen
Old 01-16-2002, 05:34 AM   #29  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hello~~No problem getting in this morning. I just read that the site will be down for at least a day and a half starting the 19th. That falls on Sat., so I guess it will be down this week end. I didn't get in to see the doctor Monday so I have to go today. I just heard something on TV that fits me perfectly. "Did you ever feel like the world was a Tux and you was a pair of brown shoes." That is sort of how I feel. I feel as if I'm in a fog. Fish are dying like it going out of style. Can't figure out what the problem is. A boy at walmart said you should never pay much for the first fish you buy, because, their going to die. I believe him. One yesterday morning, one yesterday evening, one last night(she had babies and eat them all except one) and I have two in there now not feeling well.

Marybeth~~Welcome back, and a happy new year to you too. I'm glad your getting your Mom's life lined out, I know what a stressful time that can be for everybody. You've done great with you weight over the holidays, congrats on that. Sounds like your back on track too. I bet it will be a load off your mind when your job gets lined out too. It seems like there is stress every which way we turn. All of us are having problems with the laundry and hubby's pants getting smaller. Again Welcome back.

Tobey~~ OH...thank you for telling me that you had posted, I was thanking I was losing my mind. I had that same lessen on going to the dentist on a regular basis. It does not pay to skip, got me in big trouble. The brand muffins I made for him are not low sugar or low fat. I ate one of them, OH heck, I'll be honest, I ate 3 of them and they are darn good. They are made with buttermilk and the batter is suppose to keep in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. That makes it handy for changing the goodies I put on the inside..like raisons and blueberries, or what ever. If your low fat one was good, post it, I might like that and I need the fiber too.

Jo Jo~~I don't know what happened, but I'm sorry it happened and that it has upset you. Come back soon, and let me know if I can help. Take care of Jo Jo. We all care about you in here.

Jen~~Sounds like they have you on a short rope at work. Good thing your young, us old chicks couldn't stand up under all that. And good for you getting your exercise in. Must be going around, I didn't sleep worth a dang last night. Then this hacking cough woke me up 4 or 5 times last night. The doctor is going to have to change my meds for sure, I don't want to live like this the rest of my life.

I'm not going back to bed this morning, maybe that will help me sleep better tonight. I've got to pull myself up by the boot straps and get out of this funk I'm in. And Skeeter I missed you in here this morning. Have a good day! see ya tomorrow.
Closed Thread