Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #16  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I always asked for one right as I was entering the plane, and the flight attendant always delivered it without any fuss. Regarding the extra seat, I flew on Southwest once at my highest and bought the extra. Since the plane wasn't full it was fully refunded, but also on the way home the flight attendant told me I hadn't needed to buy it as I wasn't big enough to need it. I was over 350 at the time, but I was travelling with my BF and we were able to raise the arm rest between us and not affect other passengers.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMom View Post
My pick so far is Midwest Airlines, their average seat size is 23", compared to the 17" seats most major airlines use. Unfortunately Midwest has no direct flights to my destination, but a lay-over sounds better than embarassment and a two-seat purchase!
Midwest Express is great! All their seats are business class sized, which is good for everyone, AND they give you warm, freshly baked cookies during the flight. Not the best for a dieter, but those cookies are delicious and air travel so unpleasant...
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

baffled111! Somehow I don't consider cookies a plus... "Excuse me, ma'm, may I please have more cookies and a seatbelt extender? Thanks."

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I was reading the link posted above from Southwest and though I would share something if the article is freaking you out (becuase it would have freaked me out if I read it before I flew at 300 pounds). I flew Southwest at 300 pounds. I never got asked about my weight or size. I was flying with my sister and I definently infinged on her seat space. They didn't say anything. I think they have offical policies like we don't care if you are setting with someone you know we need to protect them for safety reasons. I think if the person with you doesn't say anything then they wont.

My sister was a flight attendent I am going ask her about what Northwest policy was offical and unoffical.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote