Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 AM   #1  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Default In need of support

I was around on 3FC for awhile around 2003/2004. At that time I was doing SO well, I lost 15lbs or so and was starting to feel good. Since then I fell back into old habits

I find that I LOVE food. Its so bad because I can be full but.. I'll keep eating because I like how the food tastes...

Im currently 209, and was so proud when I got myself down to 190. I actually joined a gym and went almost every day, til I started to have a pain in my abdominal area.. turns out I have a weakness there and working out agitated it. After that I didnt want to work out as much and sort of made excuses not to go. My membership ran out in January of this year.. I haven't gone back since.

Now Im regretting it as I have an interview for an internship tomorrow, I had to buy all new clothes.. and they were bigger than I wanted them to be >.< and Im just feeling down right now. But there's nothing I can really do at the moment. Ive been trying to eat 'better' the past few weeks but slipped up while I was away at my grandma's house (granny always has goodies.. and when they're around I cant resist. But I CAN resist buying them belive it or not. So here I am frustrated, depressed, crying all of that.. because I did this to myself. Not to mention we were looking at old photos at my grandma's and even as early as 5 years ago I was so much thinner than I am now. I'm 5'10" so I can sort of 'hide' the fat a little more than if I was shorter, but I just hate how I look in anything but jeans and a loose tshirt.. so having to wear nicer clothes has really given me a wake up.

I decided to come back here (im so glad to see the site is still around!! ) because I remember how welcoming and supportive the community was, and Im very serious about getting back on the wagon and starting to lose the weight again. We do have some workout equipment in my house, and I found success using the FitDay program for the PC to help monitor what I'm eating and how many calories I'm burning from working out. I just hope I can keep it up this time.

I hope to be visiting here frequently and (hopefully) losing some weight. My MAIN goal is to be around 130-150 or so. But my FIRST Goal (again) is 190. If you made it through this post, thank you

Last edited by xDas7x; 06-29-2007 at 03:22 AM.
xDas7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey xDas7x! Welcome back!

I know how it feels. I've been up and down myself. Once I needed to go to a business-type meeting after I had gained back some weight, and I had sqeezed myself into my nice size 18 dress pants (which used to fit), and as I got into the car the whole back seam of the pants split. That was a wake-up call I didn't like!

Those experiences teach us something--and in my case it was that losing weight and then regaining it is insane. I now have a gym membership and have been on plan (calorie-counting) for months, with the results below. Sometimes I overdo it a little at the gym and have to take it easier, but taking it easier does not mean stopping.

So you can do it, too! Yes! I'm so glad you're back and trying again! I love my FitDay--it keeps my on track. Good luck to you!

Stay with it--check in often!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

Thank you so much Jay for the words of encouragement!! And I am so happy to see how much weight you've lost so far. I can only hope my weight lost scale in my signature will look like that!!!

And yeah I can only imagine how you must have felt with your pants splitting like that. I sort of feel like that now, I'm a 14/16 depending on the make of the clothes but I still have my size 9 shorts around.. and am trying to use those as a reminder of where i'd like to be again. I get frustrated and down, I know when I hit 190 the first time, I plateued (sp?) and then just gave in. But its so nice to come back and having people here who understand and are rooting you on! And knowing you've lost 40lbs in 5months is such an inspiration. I know if I keep thinking long term (and how good i'll look in a bikini one sumer) I can do this! Counting calories is hard too because well my bf and I used to eat out A LOT. Like almost every night. I used to just eat everything on my plate.. which is bad especially when its not the healthiest of food.

We actually cut back eating out to maybe 1-2x a week now, which also saves money. And Ive actually been a little more conscious of what im eating. Its amazing how easy it is to put on weight and how hard it is to take off.

But coming back here and geting motivated has paid off so far.. i did 15 minutes on our elipitcal and i'm hoping to play some dance dance revolution for PS2 (its a dancing game, where you pretty much dance and follow the arrows on the screen with a dance pad hooked up to the video game console) i used to play it a lot back when i lost some of my weight.

btw I got the internship!! definitely a self esteem booster. Lots of luck and I am so proud of your weightloss!!!!! Keep going strong too
Old 06-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #4  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back, Das -- I too, have joined 3FCs quite a while back, but slipped up somewhere along the way and haven't been vigilant about losing the weight (and being active again here) till May last year. I'm now almost 5 pounds from goal and I plan to stick! (I'd better, I practically tossed out all my old clothes!) Just take it one day at a time, and don't beat yourself up if you fall off plan (we all do). Just get back on with the lessons learned.

Also, I am curious as to why the 130 goal weight? (same as mine, but I'm 4 inches shorter, haha!) That's at very low end of normal BMI range.

I play DDR too! Except only in arcades, I've never taken a liking to at-home pads. Lots of fun and a great cardio workout. (I'm so glad that I can now do 4-5 songs nonstop)

And calorie counting doesn't mean the end of eating out, true - it's a bit trickier but many chain places have calories counts for at least some of their menu. And in those rare cases where even guesstimating calories is impossible, just make the healthiest choices possible.

And congrats on the internship!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #5  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

Hey Aqua!

Wow congrads on the weightloss!! I cant weight to throw out my 'old' clothes someday

Actually 130 was just a round about way, really if i can get to 150 i'll be happy. I looked up my height and i should be between 132 - 174 lbs, so I may have to tweak my ultimate goal but I want to definitely be in the healthy weight range (and of course not be TOO thin.. wow.. me thin.. i can't believe i'm even typing that lol) but I'm taking it step-by-step, and trying to focus on small goals rather than the big picture (because its really overwhelming thinking of ALL the weight that has to come off!)

And DDR is so much fun! lol I actually have to get started ive been sitting here reading and posting on the forum (yet another excuse! lol)

Anyway thank you for the support and good luck with reaching your final goal too!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #6  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Das...Welcome back to 3FC!

I'm a new member here but I've already joined a labour day challenge and am aiming for another 16 lbs by then. So far I've lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm loving it. The support and ideas of everyone here is amazing. I haven't really hit a point yet where I feel like I need someone to kick my butt and say "DON'T EAT THE BROWNIE/FRENCH FRIES/ICE CREAM" etc. But when I do you can bet I'll be on this forum seeking some hard nosed advice from all the people here. It's so great to see all the successful folks, it gives one hope to make it happen in their own life. I love looking through the photos in the goal album...I just keep telling myself if they can do it I must be able to as well.

I wish you all the best with your journey into a healthy lifestyle and hope that you find a plan that works for you and your family.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #7  

I'll bet there's not one person on this forum who hasn't lost and regained weight at some time. Unfortunately, I'm a chronic yo-yo dieter. But this time around, I'm trying to really learn from my past mistakes. I'm not just going to do what I was doing before because apparently it didn't work for me longterm. I'm trying to analyze why I wasn't able to stick with past plans, and so far, I've decided on a few new strategies.

It seems as if you have a positive attitude, and that's an asset. Best luck to you!
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Personally eating healthy tastes so much better to me than ice cream ever did. After eating this way for awhile I don't even want junk. People say I don't want to deprive myself of certain things. I don't feel that way. I don't want those things. I rather have a bison burger on 100% whole wheat bun(NO HFCS) than a greasy beef burger anytime. I crave a bowl of fiber one cereal with kashi go lean rather than POP TARTS. My body will be around for a long time if I treat it right. As for exercise, walking is as good as any exercise. No special equipment and less stress on your entire body. Good luck.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote