Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh Gamer, it's a vicious cycle. For God's sake, get your health issues taken care of. You're young, but diabetes can be deadly serious, so don't mess around with it. And a yeast infection, untreated for months? I'd be crawling up the fricking walls!! You can get the meds for that over the counter (though the recommendation is that only you've had one before and know that that's what it is).

As for the more cosmetic things, like clothes, I think holding out on yourself just thwarts your efforts to eat healthy, and lose some weight. In order to lose weight, I think we have to love and respect ourselves, and truly believe that WE'RE WORTH IT. You're acting like you don't think you're worth a new pair of pants, much less all the effort that it would take to lose weight.

If your best friend was treating herself so poorly, surely you'd give her a talking to, right? Well, give yourself that talking to... you're worth looking after. And once you start taking better care of yourself in some ways, it will spill over into other areas of your life.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote