Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default This has to stop

When I wake up and re-read this post, I'll be a year older (well, a day... but the important one!) and hopefully it can also be my re-birth-day... I want to get back to being the healthy, energetic, enthusiastic senorita I was a few months ago. I've spent my whole childhood and teenager years with eating disorders, notably bulimia, and I really regret wasting what should have been great years. I don't want to spend my adult life battling food demons and disorders. Anyone else making a committment to getting back on track and feel like an accountability buddy? I'm also gonna be heading off to those binge-free week threads, I think...

Time to lose this weight and regain my life, hold the bday cake kthnx!
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday, senorita! This can be the first day of the first year that you change your life!

Good luck to you!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Dear Senorita,
I SO understand that you are begining anew. Change doesn't happen quickly, especially when (I...perhaps you too) have been seeing things with the negative focus that often leads to eating disorders.
But hang on. Change you can.
Celebrate YOUR LIFE! Yes, this life is a wonderful gift; an opportunity to live the most thrilling ride ever. Cake? Well, I'm trying VERY hard to put things into my body that are "healthy" for the body. (Doesn't mean I don't have a taste for all those great things like cake, donuts, funnel cake, pastries, mocha lattes, etc...it just means I'm trying VERY hard to put things in my body that won't hurt me.) It's time to be good to ourselves. Being good (to me) doesn't mean putting large portions in my mouth, putting excess sugar, fat or salt into my body. Being good to myself (to me) means healthy in - healthy out.
I may not be the best accountibility partner, but I'm here for you if you need support.
Look at yourself in the mirror and smile at who you are. You are a smart, courageous woman who's decided to put positive thoughts and goals in herself.
Go for the gold, girl.
ShyCammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #4  

I also spent a good deal of my childhood with eating "issues": first overeating, then, from the ages of 13-19, anorexia. I'm now at a healthy weight and maintaining it, and it's such a great feeling! Food should fuel your life, not control it.
kitkat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A very happy birthday to you. I hope the upcoming year will be the best one yet for you. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote